Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#284362 - 07/07/11 12:12 PM Alliance Title
Hector

Outline

1) All alliances create/host a tourney
2) Best total team score from all tournaments gets declared the best alliance.

Suggestion

1) The tournaments will be a monthly thing.

Example - August (TTT), September (MoD), November (TLCS), December (THC), January (DBA)

After all the tournaments have been concluded. The champ is decided and a two month off-season will begin.

TTT men are going to play for TTT.
SPEED KILLZ! FUCK GROUND! SOVIET!!!!!!!!
Best Selling MMArmy Author of "Speed Killz: The Philosophy behind Perfect 8pts"

#284463 - 07/07/11 08:42 PM Re: Alliance Title [Re: Hector]
Badass

lets do it hector. i know i can trust an alliance battle in ur hands

#284466 - 07/07/11 09:08 PM Re: Alliance Title [Re: Hector]
ARC Fenix

Originally Posted By: Prince Hector
Outline

1) All alliances create/host a tourney
2) Best total team score from all tournaments gets declared the best alliance.

Suggestion

1) The tournaments will be a monthly thing.

Example - August (TTT), September (MoD), November (TLCS), December (THC), January (DBA)

After all the tournaments have been concluded. The champ is decided and a two month off-season will begin.

What happened to October?

#284493 - 07/08/11 02:31 AM Re: Alliance Title [Re: ARC Fenix]
Smacku

Loc: So. Cal.
The was the basic idea behind the ALS. An alliance war every weekend, with a championship tourney in the end.

Team Smacku

Fight School

#284516 - 07/08/11 07:59 AM Re: Alliance Title [Re: Smacku]
Grapple420

If this gets off the ground, I think it would be a good idea to have all the competitions posted up before the first one starts. That way each alliance has the same amount of time to prep for each one. For example, if MoD had a special rules tourney for our month but it isnt posted until the month of the comp, we would have more time to get ready for it. Would probably be the fairest way to do it so that no one thinks another alliance created a tourney that was biased in their own favor.

#284536 - 07/08/11 10:52 AM Re: Alliance Title [Re: Grapple420]
ChiefBD Administrator

Loc: PA
Yea, Grapple i ran that by hector in the sb when he posted this. What i suggested is each alliance has the rules to their event and posts the format in a thread. We select 1 member from each alliance to vote on the legitimacy of the events so nobody bitches.

Each alliance puts theirs on each month and after the last alliance puts there's on then the scores are tallied and the grand champion is crowned. No pay off event unless imo a committee made up from someone in each alliance is apart of making that event.

The way hector explained it though was no pay off event and everyone's event just must have the same scoring or place finishes so a running tally can be added up through every alliances event.

#284585 - 07/08/11 05:27 PM Re: Alliance Title [Re: ChiefBD]
Mr. Judo

i like this

#284617 - 07/09/11 04:41 AM Re: Alliance Title [Re: Hector]
Smacku

Loc: So. Cal.
The only potential shitty thing is the launch of the new game next month. There is no doubt that this game is going to lose some players to the other one. Hopefully not enough to affect the alliances, but you never know. It would suck to get this going only to stall in a month. I think I'm even gonna hold off on another ALS until we see what happens.

Team Smacku

Fight School

#284618 - 07/09/11 05:03 AM Re: Alliance Title [Re: Smacku]
ChiefBD Administrator

Loc: PA
I don't see any reason why this can't be brought right into the next game. Mkick said the forum stays the same so really nothing changes accept the second window that we'd have on our computers being MMarmy 1 will now be MMarmy 2.

Plus the new version could have delays or bugs. Even if the new version is perfect, well having these events take place right away will only create more interest and give a nice even playing field for everyone to be successful until the top guys take their usual top spots.

Edited by ChiefBD (07/09/11 06:23 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling error

Who's Online
1 Registered (Simon), 909 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod