Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 ... 31 32 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#501511 - 11/13/19 05:16 PM 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One)
ChiefBD Administrator

Loc: PA
Just making a new thread here to focus on any fresh ideas or adjustments going forward. The previous thread was getting too long to go through.

Try and keep suggestions to be new ones that haven't been gone over before.

#501513 - 11/14/19 05:30 AM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: ChiefBD]
Goat Beard

Loc: Goat shelter
Maybe this is ridiculous, but a one click "Every fighter challenge all" button. Currently I can click a fighter, then click fight, then click Challenge all, repeat 20 times. Seems like it's not a big deal until you're crunched for time or you're trying to do it from your cell phone. Or I can click one button on the Team page and be done. If you're too busy, log in, click the button and BAM!!!!!...instant increased "activity" for all to benefit from.

#501514 - 11/14/19 07:07 AM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Goat Beard]
ChiefBD Administrator

Originally Posted By: Goat Beard
Maybe this is ridiculous, but a one click "Every fighter challenge all" button. Currently I can click a fighter, then click fight, then click Challenge all, repeat 20 times. Seems like it's not a big deal until you're crunched for time or you're trying to do it from your cell phone. Or I can click one button on the Team page and be done. If you're too busy, log in, click the button and BAM!!!!!...instant increased "activity" for all to benefit from.

It has to create a record for every challenge so it's not some easy thing where you can do mass challenges instantly so what we got now is close to how good it's going to get but as far an auto scheduler option...that can appease the busy / lazy people a bit more as an opt-in option that you can check on or off and fights will be put together and fought automatically for you. You'll just need to set your styles, unless the division is bare and there are no active opponents for you.

#501518 - 11/14/19 09:26 AM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: ChiefBD]
Goat Beard

Loc: Goat shelter
Sounds good, I like the sounds of that.

#501522 - 11/15/19 04:27 AM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Goat Beard]
Wilson

Loc: Sackville, New Brunswick
Any movement towards some marketing or something or a way to draw in some new players? Really enjoy the game but building up the community would certainly take it up a notch.

#501523 - 11/15/19 04:36 AM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Wilson]
Matty

Originally Posted By: Wilson
Any movement towards some marketing or something or a way to draw in some new players? Really enjoy the game but building up the community would certainly take it up a notch.

great idea, weve done a few things in the past, but im sure chief is open to more ideas, what u got in mind Wilson? we've tried mass emails to everyone that's ever signed up and stuff like that, may be a good time to send that out again

#501525 - 11/15/19 11:05 AM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Matty]
Foul Administrator

Loc: Rummaging for used socks,
Chief paid for some google ads before.

#501530 - 11/15/19 06:55 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Foul]
Wilson

Loc: Sackville, New Brunswick
Yeah I mean I've never run a game like this but I know there's a lot of different forum based sports sim leagues and they usually "affiliate" with one another and basically allow each other to post on the others forum just to help spread the word around.

Could potentially take a route like that.

Like if Chief or someone wanted to put together a message like just stating, here's what MMArmy is, how it works, what we're looking to do, etc. Just to give a background to what the game is, I'd go around to a number of the sites I've played on in the past and spread the word.

Also, I know in the past in one league SHL (Simulation Hockey League), which has pretty good numbers, they always did reddit recruitment drives.

Has anyone tried posting it on MMA forums and stuff as well?

#501535 - 11/16/19 07:21 AM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Wilson]
ChiefBD Administrator

Originally Posted By: Wilson
Yeah I mean I've never run a game like this but I know there's a lot of different forum based sports sim leagues and they usually "affiliate" with one another and basically allow each other to post on the others forum just to help spread the word around.

Could potentially take a route like that.

Like if Chief or someone wanted to put together a message like just stating, here's what MMArmy is, how it works, what we're looking to do, etc. Just to give a background to what the game is, I'd go around to a number of the sites I've played on in the past and spread the word.

Also, I know in the past in one league SHL (Simulation Hockey League), which has pretty good numbers, they always did reddit recruitment drives.

Has anyone tried posting it on MMA forums and stuff as well?

Yea, i've posted about the game on other forums. Did a post on Reddit but there's a bunch of toxic players that got ran off that like to shit all over any type of discussion to get more players and help the existing guys and their experience. Did Operation Sports, Reddit, a couple game review sites. Matty has the Twitter account where he will post sometimes and has a decent follower count. I have an Instagram account but i haven't done anything with it, i know a Facebook account exists but somebody from the past opened that. Working on getting a phone app version made and after that i'll be a bit more focused on spreading the word, although it's tough w/ the amount of apps / games that exist.

Need to clean a lot of this up. Upgrade the forum, upgrade the game side, a lot of big changes to the game are coming and it won't even be the same game in a lot of ways if all of this goes in so i constantly struggle w/ the thought of clearing out the history and starting fresh but in the end the history is important to me and i know many others appreciate that when they really think about.

Everyone is free to share the game now though, spreading the word is easy and doesn't cost anything so it's always good for players to do what they can.

#501536 - 11/16/19 08:02 AM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: ChiefBD]
Matty

Yeh I tend to have my sig as my sig on other forums

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 ... 31 32 >

Who's Online
5 Registered (BlimBlapZing, CatHerder, Gyptian, Matty, Simon), 275 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod