Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#407587 - 05/03/15 05:03 AM NEXT ALLIANCE EVENT -- Raging Cockfight
The Godfather

Round robin, all 6 alliances fight each other once. Then a 2 and out elimination tournament, bracket based on round robin point totals.

EFC fights, fighter can be used as often as you'd like. A fighter can only be substituted in between rounds. You must submit a roster each round even if the roster remains the same.

7 fighters per round, no more than 2 fighters from 1 coach in a round.

Fighters listed 1-7 and fight against opposing number. Rosters will be sent to Chief by 9:00 AM EST Friday, May 29th. Fights must take place before retirements the following morning, so there are basically 2 resets for everybody to get their fights in.
*For every half hour you're late with your roster you forfeit 1 fight that will be chosen by the opposing alliance, they will not see your lineup but they'll know which of their fighters they'd award the DQ win.*

HERE IS WHERE THINGS GET FUN/INTERESTING/STRATEGIC

All fights will be in the heavyweight division. Points will be awarded each round based on a fighters weight, regardless of the weight of their opponent.
Fighters > 240lbs = 1 point
Fighters 239-220 = 3 points
Fighters 219-200 = 5 points
Fighters 199-180 = 7 points
Fighters 179 > = 9 points
Disqualification = 10 points

Edited by The Godfather (05/17/15 11:26 AM)

#407588 - 05/03/15 05:04 AM Re: NEXT ALLIANCE EVENT -- Raging Cockfight [Re: The Godfather]
The Godfather

Any and all questions, please ask here ahead of time so we're all clear going in.

#407592 - 05/03/15 06:00 AM Re: NEXT ALLIANCE EVENT -- Raging Cockfight [Re: The Godfather]
Migrantworkers

Loc: DBA compound
My first issue/question is only hw fighters

I wonder how many players have weight specific recruiting...obviously people can move up in weight if need be

I like the using a fighter only once...but there are many players with 3+ camps and many more with two and several more with just one

Other than that its solid as expected...cant wait

Oh yeah...what is the scoring system?

Edited by Migrantworkers (05/03/15 06:01 AM)

Migrantworkers

#407593 - 05/03/15 06:12 AM Re: NEXT ALLIANCE EVENT -- Raging Cockfight [Re: Migrantworkers]
The Godfather

Originally Posted By: Migrantworkers
My first issue/question is only hw fighters

I wonder how many players have weight specific recruiting...obviously people can move up in weight if need be

I like the using a fighter only once...but there are many players with 3+ camps and many more with two and several more with just one

Other than that its solid as expected...cant wait

Oh yeah...what is the scoring system?

The idea is to get people to move up weight. If i've got a 210 pound fighter that I enter as fighter 3, and he goes against a 230 pound fighter then i'm going for 4 points where he's only going for 2. So we have to weigh out if we want to play it safe with all Heavyweights or go for some big points. I'm assuming alliances won't have 42 Heavyweights, so everybody will need to use smaller weights at some point even if they don't want to strategically.

Scoring goes by weight of fighter, if you have 7 HW fighters win you get 7 points for the round. If you have 6 hw win and a 170 pound fighter win you get 14 for the round. 2 190 pound fighters = 12 points and 5 hw = 5 for 17 in the round.

#407594 - 05/03/15 06:27 AM Re: NEXT ALLIANCE EVENT -- Raging Cockfight [Re: The Godfather]
Migrantworkers

Loc: DBA compound
I get that

And after walking away for a minute it occurred to me that it would be almost impossible for an alliance to have enough hw's to field a full roster anyhow

So a win by a hw is one point regardless of how they won and then weight bonuses kick in

Migrantworkers

#407595 - 05/03/15 06:41 AM Re: NEXT ALLIANCE EVENT -- Raging Cockfight [Re: Migrantworkers]
The Godfather

Originally Posted By: Migrantworkers
I get that

And after walking away for a minute it occurred to me that it would be almost impossible for an alliance to have enough hw's to field a full roster anyhow

So a win by a hw is one point regardless of how they won and then weight bonuses kick in

Exactly.

#407619 - 05/03/15 10:42 AM Re: NEXT ALLIANCE EVENT -- Raging Cockfight [Re: The Godfather]
Jbear

1) Isnt this the same or similar time frame that migs event just ran? Active fighter round robin with double elim.

If so you should probably find a way to cut down the time.

2) Fighters can only be used 1 time in the whole round robin? the whole double elim?
If yes wont everyone run out of fighters?
Basically im wondering how many total fights would there be so how many unique EFC fighters would be required to have 0 forfeits.

Edited by Jbear (05/03/15 10:43 AM)

The Bus Riders
The Bus Stop

Chop, chop, chop. Judo flip. Chop, chop, chop.

#407646 - 05/03/15 12:55 PM Re: NEXT ALLIANCE EVENT -- Raging Cockfight [Re: Jbear]
The Godfather

With round robin 2 resets each match I figure 1 week to 10 days. Then double elimination another week to 10 days. Chief doesn't want ranked alliance events to run too quick, and I figure this will take less than 25 resets. If we need time in between rounds it would take longer, but given the easy roster prep I don't think that would be necessary.

Yes one fight in round robin and one fight in double elimination max per guy. There would be 42 fighters used in the round robin. Less than that in the double Elim, but route would be different depending on bye, loser bracket, etc. Is 42 asking a lot? I figure between efc guys and prel 3.25-3.5 guys that each alliance could do that.

#407647 - 05/03/15 01:23 PM Re: NEXT ALLIANCE EVENT -- Raging Cockfight [Re: The Godfather]
Jbear

21 days is good.

42 unique efc fighters seems like a lot to me. Guess that depends on how many camps your alliances members run. Advantage to the alliance with the most camps.

Im thinking in 3 weeks time i might only have 3-4 efc fighters in a camp unless im on a big surge. I think it will restrict your strategic element as a result of having no other choice but to fight whatever we got.

I could of course be totally wrong, but i think most alliances wont have a lot of choices in the later rounds at all and instead will be struggling to fill spots.

The Bus Riders
The Bus Stop

#407648 - 05/03/15 01:24 PM Re: NEXT ALLIANCE EVENT -- Raging Cockfight [Re: Jbear]
Jbear

By the way I LOVE the concept. Having to pick and choose and try to anticipate what weights your opponent will choose is what makes this event cool.

The Bus Riders
The Bus Stop

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
3 Registered (Gyptian, Simon, Turbo), 955 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod