Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!!

Posted by: Mr. Wunderful

Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/09/12 02:45 PM

Going For Glory 6!!
The Round Robin Alliance War!

This will be a Round Robin format Alliance war taking place in the Glory Org. Each Alliance will enter 1 fighter per weight class with no coach entering any more than 1 fighter. Round Robin for those that don't know means that each fighter will fight every other fighter in their division. At the end of the Round Robin the top 4 point getters in each division will have a single elimination playoff to determine the champion of each weight class. The Alliance with the most accumulated points will be crowned King of the Alliance Round Robin War.

Rules:

* 1 fighter per weight class (each alliance must enter 5 fighters, no partial rosters)
* 1 fighter per coach (not per team or camp)
* Tournament will be held in Glory
* Only fighters with No EFC Titles Allowed
* Regular scoring for the RR ie. 2 points for a win 3 points for a finish, -1 for a DQ.
* At the end of the RR, the top 4 from each weight class will enter the playoff round.
* If there are any tie's in points at the end of the RR between 2 fighters it will be settled first by looking back to the head to head match up and the winner of that will advance. If the is a tie between more than one fighter then it will be decided by the fighter with the most finishes, if this results in a tie between 2 fighters we will look back to their fight to determine the winner. If there is still a tie between more than 2 fighters it will go to most wins, if there is still a tie it will be given to the fighter with the highest P4P ranking (seeing as they will have fought the same last 5 or 6 opponents this seems fair)
* Playoff round will be 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3, determined by the amount of points they have and if there are ties in points it will be determined by P4P ranking.
* Second round points will be 5 points for advancing to the final (regardless of if you win by DQ, UD, SD, or finish) A DQ will still be -1 for the team that misses their fight.
* Final round will be 10 points for winning the division. DQ rule still in effect.
* 1 alternate is allowed per weight class and you can sub him in only due to retirements. Make sure you sign a max contract at the start of the tourney as alt's are not allowed due to pop issues. This is to try and keep the intention of using Glory level fighters. Your Alt's must be submitted with your original roster, no exceptions.
* No substitutions of Alt's allowed after the Round Robin (ie. the playoff rounds)
*If your alternates are not submitted WITH THE ORIGINAL LINEUP, the alliance will not be able to submit one.
* With this being such a large tournament with so many fighters and coaches involved they're will be NO leeway with any problems encountered.
* Winners will be determined by highest accumulated point totals for the entire tournament.

We will be having this tournament from Thur. May 24th to Sun. May 27th
Assuming that we will have 5 Alliances competing, this will mean that there will be 4 Round Robin fights, 1 bye, and 2 playoff rounds. We will have to start the first round on Thursday May 24th PM reset. Please make sure all rosters are in by Wednesday May 23rd PM reset please. Also please make sure all fighters are signed into the Glory Org Thur. AM reset, any fighters not signed into the Org when the tourney starts will be DQ'ed for that round. I will need all the time possible to arrange the brackets.

We ware planning on doing an analysis for this tournament at the end of every reset like sports reporters from newspapers. Any volunteers to do write ups would be greatly appreciated. Please PM me.

We're updating or clarifying one rule about the Alts since a couple people have asked about this. The starting 5 fighters must all be from different coaches. The 5 Alternates can be from any coaches in your Alliance including coaches that have a fighter in the starting 5. If you have a fighter in the starting 5 and also have an Alternate they do not have to be in the same weight class. I know this opens up the possibility of one coach having more than one fighter in the Tournament but the rule was put in to encourage participation and having at least 5 members of each Alliance accomplishes that. I know that some Alliances will struggle to field a full team of starters and alternates if they can only enter fighters in one weight class. With that being said, we will also limit the number of Alternates to one per coach.

Medals will be given only to the coaches that have fighters fight.

Lets have a fun war that's enjoyable for everyone. Good luck guys!

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/12/12 11:44 PM

Anybody interested in helping with write ups? If so please PM me.
Posted by: Jid

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/13/12 08:05 AM

My fav torny, nooooooo, I have no stats though, damm
Postpone it lol !!!!
Posted by: Darksied

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/13/12 09:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Jid
My fav torny, nooooooo, I have no stats though, damm
Postpone it lol !!!!

It's not starting for another 10-11 days, don't get your panties in a twist.
Posted by: B33RM0N5T3R

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/15/12 09:15 PM

Thanks for putting this on Wun, I will get a team ready for it.
I would offer to help with the write ups as I usually enjoy that type of thing but way to busy this month with work.
Posted by: DYTI

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/22/12 11:38 AM

rosters are due tomorrow pm reset right?

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/22/12 02:48 PM

Yes, anytime tomorrow night will be fine, sometime before 10pm EST.
Posted by: Soviet

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/22/12 10:11 PM

no offense to anyone meant and i know pain isnt going to like me saying this, but its pretty bullshit that some personal grudge can DQ grap from a major alliance tourney when he has the potential to fill a crucial gap in our roster. we wont even have an alt in one certain weight class (or a starter basically) without his guy.

anyway idk, i think alliance events should go above any personal issues

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/22/12 10:20 PM

WDoA roster will be submitted by close of play today UK time so in about the next 14hrs.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 04:08 AM

Get your rosters in today fellas, sometime before 10pm EST. thanks
Posted by: Mr. Judo

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 09:14 AM

I also think its pretty childish to uninclude grap do to a personal reason. This event is to see which alliance is the best. If 1 is handicapped because of a personal grudge it's a pretty petty thing to do. If u have a grudge whoop him in the event. I say this as a neutral force
Posted by: Teshore

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 03:02 PM

the childish thing was for grapple to try and troll wun in the other thread. guess sometimes there are consequences.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 04:19 PM

so punish our entire alliance cuz a few people had a personal disagreement? lol. its called adding suspense and fuel for competition, if someone talks shit to me, i WANT to compete vs them and beat them, not BAN them just because i dont want to deal with the possibility of losing to them. if you cant take a little bit of shit talk you are clearly playing the wrong game guys, no offense.

honestly, we dont wanna make a big deal out of anything here, but i cant agree with that last answer, its completely ridiculous situation to put us in as a team and any way you guys try and justify it is not going to be agreed with by most people. if you dont agree with that statement, we'd be completely open to you taking a vote from all the other alliances and getting the answer that way.

ive never heard of any alliance tourney EVER "banning" someone from competing. its just absurd. especially when he had a few key elements for our teams roster. thc considers tc in high regards and all, me and tes are friends, ive always gotten along with wun and tc, but its safe to say the same way you guys "lost a lot of respect for us" for inviting grapple, you guys "lost a lot of respect from us" for pulling this stunt on us.

oh and last but not least, considering we were not allowed to give out medals for thunderstruck due solely to one team sitting out and not competing (we have the saved pm's from chachi) i think its safe to assume the same rules would follow for this g4g event as well. any gl to everyone competing, i know some of you guys were looking forward to beating us, but we dont take part in high school drama type of shit in THC and that is what this tourney turned into with this whole ordeal.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 04:26 PM

oh and dont take that as some sort of attack, honestly i feel like you guys attacked US with this whole situation. im not trying to make more drama, more of just give you all our side of the story.
Posted by: Trite

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 04:35 PM

Yea, I feel like our alliance was personally attacked for an unjust reason. It saddens me that a petty internet problem would be turned into anything. It's just not the mature act on the behalf of anybody. Everyone wants to mud sling and act like their hands are clean. I just do not get it at all.Huge disappointment that I'm not able to compete because of some e-beef, that is a ridiculous notion to begin with.This whole turn of events is unnecessary and I'm disgusted by you all.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 04:42 PM

ok, first things first, this wasnt a TC decision, it was Wun's decision. his tourney, his rules. second thing, we didnt put you in any position, grapple did. third, you of all people soviet should know it has nothing to do with wun or any of us afraid we might lose, please dont start falling into that club, im speaking for myself here not wun but i take it as, wun didnt appreciate grapple trying to knock him for his opinion in the other thread, so its kind of like "ok then fuck you"

pretty plain and simple.

also you deciding to not field a team is stopping it from the medals, maybe, if chachi says that. there was no attacking THC in this, you decided to take it that way because one person said another person wouldnt be allowed in after disrespecting him. again pretty plain and simple in my eyes.

as far as taking a vote from all other alliances, thats pretty funny. again its wuns tourney, and he made the decision, it didnt involve TC, myself..anyone.

if you guys choose not to compete, then so be it. if you ran a tourney and said i couldnt participate, then TC would either enter or not. pretty easy, but to come with the mentality that we attacked you is pretty absurd.

again, this is my opinion on the matter, not wuns, not TC. just how i see it.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 04:44 PM

"wun didnt appreciate grapple trying to knock him for his opinion in the other thread"

Just like Warrens's opinion was being knocked about by Wun? Oh grow up.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 04:49 PM

I just don't see how being told who we could or could not have participate as not an attack.I still got love for Wun, it doesn't change that with me, but I think the decision is a petty one. You guys are telling us who we can have in our alliance and who can participate, I mean what part of the game is that? Grapple is a fair coach, that's all that matters. The moment he isn't or anyone isn't, I will bring it up, but he's a fair coach.I didn't get along with Pain when I first started, and now we're in an alliance together. It's not a big deal, unless you make it that way. If there was a reason like he is a dirty coach, gives unfair title shots then I would have never wanted him in the alliance, but that's not the case.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 04:52 PM

how do you not see that banning one of our key players for this event DIRECTLY attacks us and our performance in the event??

we should play at less than 100% in a major event because one guy doesnt like another guy? its a PERSONAL issue and this is an ALLIANCE tourny. banning one PERSON targets the ALLIANCE he belongs to. if it were a PERSONAL tourney, then by all means, ban him if you want because then it is aimed at him and only him and doesnt effect anyone else.

oh, and the whole losing thing you took out of context, i meant i would rather beat the said person and his team than ban him and not have the chance to beat his guys. wun clearly said he was banned so he couldnt "benefit" from the event. grapple can only benefit if we win, if we lost it would be a +1 for you and -1 for him/us, so the ban on him is only to prevent the case of him benefiting, which means you would have had to lose to him/us. so long story short, wun technically banned him from the event to avoid the chance of him benefiting (winning) in the event that he created. is that a more politically correct way of stating it?

regardless of all of this, you know im always still going to be cool with wun, tes, tc, etc but its point blank high school drama no matter how you try and word it or justify it, and like i said, we dont want any part of that. sorry if that means none of you get medals or the chance at competing vs us, but i think we made our point clearly and we are going to let you guys run your tourney in peace. gl everyone

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 05:02 PM

i think you put to much thought into it soviet. i think wun banned him from the event as a fuck you. if you talk shit on my tourney then you wont be in my tourney type of thing.

oh dark...wow, little catch up for you bud. they idea was brought that all tournies can be run by a calender, if said person who runs tourney isnt around then someone else would step up. wun said, im not putting my tournies in a pool, grapple came in with "crybaby" this and that. so wun decided fuck off.

i guess for me, its just my opinion. wun can do whatever he feels like with his tourney period. i could care less if he let grapple participate or not. so you guys can either get over and participate or not, your choice.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 05:17 PM

Insert epic facepalm here...

There's nothing to get over outside of Wun crying because Grapp was more vocal about disliking Wun's opinion, boo fucking hoo, if you're going to be that easily bothered by people on the internet, get off or man up.

Wun's free to do whatever he wants with his tourney, but for discluding grapp, completely weak, IMO.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 05:26 PM

first off i wanna say most of what you said is fine and i agree with plenty of it, but i think the real case is wun didnt put enough thought into it, not that i put too much into it. he should have realized what kind of effects that would take on our team as a whole and that he would be targeting our TEAM since its a team event and not grapple.

i dont care what started it or who was right or wrong, but personal shit should not come up in team tourneys, i know i keep saying it but all this holding grudges and this "eye for an eye" shit is total high school mentality. i used to go off on grapple and he used to troll me, but i got over it when he realized that im a good coach and guy and we gained a mutual respect for each other. i dont knock other people for their stand on him, but i will not just let you guys tell us who we can use or not in our roster, regardless of whose tourney it is, it is our alliance and we have standards and we're not going to put out a sub-par team because one guy says so. i've never ever heard anything even remotely close to that in any tourney here.

oh, and to the last little bit you wrote, same can go for you guys, wun can either get over it and remove that ridiculous stipulation, or you guys can run your tourney with no medals. i dont want to be a dick about it but thats basically the reality of the situation. if you guys dont wanna budge, we aren't going to budge, but we are willing to meet you in the middle and drop the whole issue and forget it happened, but i highly highly doubt you guys would do the same, which further leads to the conclusion its wun/tc/whoevers issue causing the problem here and the drama, not ours/grapples.
Posted by: ChiefBDAdministrator

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 05:35 PM

Wun man you should just let Grapple compete. It's the right thing to do. There are people i've gotten into it with and beaten in an event and it was fucking glorious. It was liked cumming 10 times in a row with a super hot famous virgin.

We can dislike who we dislike but for the sake of this really fucking great forum and alliance system we should do what we can to get everyone involved.

The G4G has alot of steam under it and everybody has put some good thought into their teams. I see a thread in everyone's sub forum getting ready for it.

I talked to you recently wun and totally respect where you stand w/ things and you want to avoid drama and the best way to do that is just to not ban people from the event and beat em. You've been more successful than anyone lately so if anyone could be a bigger man and do it for competition sake its you. You'll feel alot better man trust me.

THC needs to be involved and i really wish the other dead alliances were as well but the 5 going strong should all be in.
Posted by: The Hatchet

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 06:22 PM

This whole thread is hilarious. Thank you.
Posted by: Grapple420

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: teshore
the childish thing was for grapple to try and troll wun in the other thread. guess sometimes there are consequences.

grapple wouldnt have said shit to Wun if he didnt decide to pop off about me in the SB earlier.

If you cant take it, dont fucking dish it. Pretty simple really.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 06:49 PM

I don't really feel like I need to explain myself, but it seems like a big deal has been made outta this so I'll try to address it without trying to continue any fighting or disagreements.

Grapple has a problem with me, I have a problem with Grapple. I don't think either of us will dispute that. The reason I'm not letting him in my tournament is simple: I go out of my way, use my own free time, and try to put on a tournament for everybodies fun. I'm certainly not going to use any of my personal free time to do anything for Grapple. It's that simple. He's not the only one not allowed to enter, and he isn't the only one who's been excluded before. Belly's never been in one of my events, System either (when he played), Yew wasn't allowed in (he's since been kicked off his team) and there've been others too. It's my choice, and it was your choice to decide to not enter a team, and I respected that. I said "that's too bad, we would've wanted you there but I understand your decision"

This entire commotion is really unnecessary. I PM'ed Pain on the same day I posted the tournament. I let him know from the very start that Grapple wasn't welcome, and even told him that if this is any type of problem at all that I would gladly postpone or cancel the event. You guys knew from the very start that he wasn't going to be allowed in, so to say that I'm not letting vital parts of your team entry is a bit much. I'm not sure why you turned it into a huge issue the day before the event, and even when you did make your choice why didn't you PM me? Why did you take the steps to try and make me look bad by making posts in this thread? I was very upfront from the very beginning. I'm not mad at Grapple for something he just did, and I'm certainly not scarred of losing. This is for fun, anybody can win and I don't really care. I don't have to prove anything by trying to beat him, I don't ever fight his camps, ever. It's my choice, if I want to do something nice for people then I get to decide who that gets extended to. If somebody is shitty to me every chance they get, always talks shit to me and about me, always tries to flame bait me into arguments, why would I ever do anything nice for that person?

About the medals thing: I don't really care, this is for fun, the medals are just a bonus. Chachi will have to decide for himself what the decision is. I was told by Pain numerous times that Harrier was the one who decided not to give medals out to the teams. If you want to push the point and try to make sure there's no medals then that's on you bro. Seems kinda petty to me. I don't feel like the bad guy here. I made a decision and made it very clear from the start. I asked your alliance if there was going to be a problem, told you I'd even cancel the event if there was. You've waitied until the day before to make a big fuss, tied to make me look bad, and are going to try and make sure there's no medals just because you guys decided that you didn't want to participate. I respect your decision to stick by your teammate, you need to respect mine to not allow him in if I don't want.

I'm not going to continue with any back and forth or any arguing. We're going to run the event, if you want to drop a team in that's fine, PM me in the morning, if not, then you'll obviously be missed. I have no hard feelings to you guys, you guys are cool, and people I consider friends on here. I'm not sure why or when Darkside decided he has a problem with me, but if you want you can PM me and let me know. Other than that, respect to you Sov, Trite, Judo, Chief, etc. Sorry for the hassle, obviously I wont be running anymore events after this one.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 07:28 PM

"I'm not mad at Grapple for something he just did, and I'm certainly not scarred of losing. This is for fun, anybody can win and I don't really care."

Then why "ban" him from your tourney if you don't care?

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 07:30 PM

You are misinterpreting DS, he doesn't care about winning or losing.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: The Hatchet
You are misinterpreting DS, he doesn't care about winning or losing.

But cares enough to ban people?

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 07:52 PM

Yes
Posted by: Bonedaddy

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 07:52 PM

i'm sitting here laughing my ass off.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 10:23 PM

well you have to understand that only pain knew, he informed us today that you let him know a week ago and all, but we had 2 of grapples guys on our roster at that point.

regardless idk bro, its your tourney and all but doesnt this all sound alot like the "its my ball and im taking it with me" logic from back in elementary school? i mean its a game dude, who cares if one guy you dont like has one guy in your tourney, its not any different from it being another guy, not any extra work or effort from you besides the fact you are trying to spite him (which in turn spites us) cuz you have a problem with him.

you guys keep overlooking the fact that your "not a big deal ban" on grapple has a big effect on our roster and we arent going to compete with a half ass roster because YOU say so. so yeah, anyway, no, we wont be entering a roster. sorry guys

oh, and you guys are taking all the most negitave points of what i said and skewing them to what you are assuming i meant. i never said you "were scared of losing" or that we we're gonna push and make sure you dont get medals. im just saying as a bi-product of us sitting out that will be the case since it happened with our thunderstruck tourney. its the same circumstances so it will have the same result on your tourney. i was basically saying that if YOU drop your little grudge/vendetta/whatever and just let him compete, we will submit our roster, and then you get your medals, or YOU can decide not to allow grapple, and forfeit the medals. just a consequence from your own choices, dont act like we are the ones screwing you here bro and trying to push for that to happen. you are the one who got us involved in your feud with grapple by banning him in a team event, we stayed out of any arguments and drama you two had until this so its on you, sorry
Posted by: Matty

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 10:50 PM

+1 for this thread
Posted by: Ho Brah!

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/23/12 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Bonedaddy

i'm sitting here laughing my ass off.

just read the majority of this and man this is better than any soap opera. i especially like the part where thc pulls out to try and keep medals from the tourney and then calls wun petty in several following posts. too funny.
I do however see where both sides are coming from but the fact is its wuns tourney so he can do as he likes. besides for that i do find it either hard to believe or maybe just plain funny that grapple is such and important guy for thc is this tourney he would only be fielding 1 fighter after all. just my two cents.

p.s. i am not attacking anyone in my post just writing my thoughts on the matter. - HB
Posted by: Warren

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/24/12 02:05 AM

Just got back from several days away, wow, what a surprise...NOT!

Same shit, different day. This thread is like the movie, "Groundhog Day". The players are the same, too. At least one of them is. Ha, Ha.

The position of DBA is simple...pulling a line from the show, "Shark Tank", due to the same ole same ole, "I'm out!"

On a personal note...I now refer to Mr. Wunderful as...drum role please..."Mr. Oxymoron". It is fitting.

The way this thread is going Mr. Oxymoron will be playing with himself, oh wait...he does...daily! Hope you enjoy yourself, Mr. Oxymoron.

Your new best friend,

Warren

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/24/12 03:34 AM

News flash Warren, DBA is dead. Yo have no alliance to pull out of any tournament, thanks for posting though.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/24/12 05:25 AM

Originally Posted By: ho brah!
just read the majority of this and man this is better than any soap opera. i especially like the part where thc pulls out to try and keep medals from the tourney and then calls wun petty in several following posts. too funny.
I do however see where both sides are coming from but the fact is its wuns tourney so he can do as he likes. besides for that i do find it either hard to believe or maybe just plain funny that grapple is such and important guy for thc is this tourney he would only be fielding 1 fighter after all. just my two cents.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/24/12 05:56 AM

Possibly up to two due to retirements.....just saying.
Posted by: Smacku

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/24/12 07:36 AM

I'll put in my .02 since I'm usually a voice of reason on these forums.

It's Wun's tourney, so he can exclude who he wants. No one should be debating that. That leaves THC with 2 options: Compete w/o Grap, or sit out. THC chose to sit out. That is their choice. THC can't blame it on Wun. And for the record, if TLCS was in THC's place and for some reason say hb couldn't compete, we'd sit out too, so I can't blame you if he really is a major factor.

IMO however, it's not cool for THC to come on here and give Wun shit. It's his tourney and he can do what he wants. You chose not to compete, he isn't making you. He isn't punishing THC, IMO, you guys are only taking it that way because your backing your teammate. If you don't want to play, fine don't but it's not cool to come on here and give Wun shit for something that was your decision. If I was Grap I would be encouraging you guys to play w/o me. Just sayin'.

Also, it doesn't sound to me like Wun is doing the "its my ball and im taking it with me" thing. He excluded Grapple from the get-go. If he doesn't like him he doesn't have to let him in. I doubt he knew you guys would sit out in protest. If Grap was in TLCS he would still be banned, and I wouldn't take it as an assult on TLCS. There have been several players that were banned from tourneys. Shit, an entire alliance was banned from participating in an event (Royal Blood). Honestly it really sounds like "taking the ball" is what THC is trying to do when you're basically saying "If our guy can't play then we're not playing and you're not gonna get medals." For you guys to sit out and try to bully Wun into changing his mind by using medals is weak. You're CHOOSING to sit out, you should leave it at that.

There are 4 alliances competing in this tourney and I can almost guarantee there will be medals. I have never heard of there being any kind of minimum participation requirements for medals, especially one that states all alliances have to participate in order to get them. If there were a min I would say it would be 4 anyway. I would argue that an alliance should never hold the power to manipulate a tourney's medals by choosing to sit out. Your spat with each other should NOT affect the rest of us. I would also argue that if there are rules like that, they should be in writing and not left up to one person to pass judgement when something happens. If this is the case (minimum participation) then we need to see those rules in a thread, not in a PM. Then I would say it will be necessary to make it mandatory to compete or you get a last place DQ and everyone still gets medals...

**Cliff Notes**

Wuns tourney, he can choose to ban anyone he wants.

It's THC's choice to sit out.

THC's choice should not affect the rest of us getting medals. Especially when they are capable of fielding some type of team.

Well there's my .02...I'm sure I have change coming back. smirk
Posted by: OhioStateBuckeye

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/24/12 08:49 AM

Smacku = pretty smart

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/24/12 11:57 AM

Lets just get this thing going = my 2 cents

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/24/12 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. Wunderful
News flash Warren, DBA is dead. Yo have no alliance to pull out of any tournament, thanks for posting though.

Bigger News Flash...once again Mr. Oxymoron talks about what he knows nothing about.

That is considered..."Talking through your ass because your mouth knows better"!

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/24/12 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Warren

Bigger News Flash...once again Mr. Oxymoron talks about what he knows nothing about.

That is considered..."Talking through your ass because your mouth knows better"!

If what you say is true and DBA has the resources to join this then why on earth wouldn't you? These things are few and far between and DBA hasn't been in any alliance stuff for a long time. G4G is one of the big ones. The other alliances would have appreciated your involvement.
Posted by: Harrier

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/24/12 01:30 PM

I said I didn't want team medals for thunderstruck? When and why on earth would I have ever said this? No where does anyone actually say we are sitting out to screw people out of medals. They say since my tourney did not get them then this one should not either. This is all just silly. I guess do what you want. Kina dissapointed since I have never finished anything other than first in a going for glory . Both as a team and individual. One of my favorite events. I even ran it the last time. Oh well, have fun guys and good luck.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/24/12 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: harrier
No where does anyone actually say we are sitting out to screw people out of medals.

I never said you were sitting out to screw people out of medals either. However statements like "wun can either get over it and remove that ridiculous stipulation, or you guys can run your tourney with no medals." and "...i was basically saying that if YOU drop your little grudge/vendetta/whatever and just let him compete, we will submit our roster, and then you get your medals, or YOU can decide not to allow grapple, and forfeit the medals." are being used to try and manipulate Wun into changing his mind. You may not be specifically trying to screw us out of medals but you guys are fully aware that you are (or may be) by sitting out. So it a way, you guys aren't sitting out in protest as much as your sitting out in an attempt to throw a wrench into Wun's tourney. You guys have the right to sit out but if I knew that sitting TLCS out would cost a tourney medals then I'd suck it up for the good of competition and alliances. But that's just how I am...People did this shit to GF and we lost the WAC, now we're losing G4G...

I really don't get this shit. We all complain that there isn't enough alliance activity. We're mostly for implementing rules that would lead to more alliance competitions. WdoA sat out the last one, now THC, TTT, and DBA are sitting out this one?!! What the fuck is wrong with you people?!! Alliances were CREATED to compete against other alliances, not for some gay social clubs that sit around and gossip and complain like a bunch of little bitches. I didn't save TLCS so we can sit around and stroke each other in our sub-forum, we're here to compete and try to win medals. I thought that is what we all wanted. I think we all need a sack check and to reassess what we're in an alliance for. Come on guys...

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/24/12 02:20 PM

sack checked and in full working order. lets fucking do this thang!!!!!! WAR TLCS!!!!!!
Posted by: Harrier

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/24/12 02:47 PM

You have it all wrong. We are sitting out becuase someone is telling us who we can and can not have on our roster. That simply does not fly with us. Other guys were banned from these because they were shady players. Grapple is not a shady player. We have simply said that we are not competing if someone is going to limit who we can and can niť use. And have stated that by being spiteful win is going to cost himself the ability to give out medals becuase of it. Like someone in the company made mention too... Guess some actions have consequences.

I hope you know I am all for these and run them myself and always put rosters together. But if we condone one petty ban then next time more guide coaches will randomly not be allowed in. Then more, until the team running and event will be an easy winner cause they banned half they other teams. It stupid, end if story. I am actually dissapointed smak that toy think we are sitting for the medals. You have misunderstood. I try to be nothing but civil around here, but I will not now or ever compete in an event where a coach is banned not for poor gameplay but simply because another coach does not like him personally. That's childish. The disagreeing coaches can just ot talk or can talk massive amounts if shit, don't care.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/24/12 04:08 PM

And have stated that by being spiteful win is going to cost himself the ability to give out medals becuase of it. Like someone in the company made mention too... Guess some actions have consequences.

this is so off its funny the only thing that could pos stop medals being awarded is THC not competing NOT Wun saying grapple cant be part of it. Wun is in no way stopping THC from competing THC is stopping themselves, you can be mad at Wun all you want but dont try and put the blame for something your alliance is choosing to do on him. THC and Wun both may have their panties in a bunch but THC alone is @#$%@#$ it up for everyone else by throwing a fit. the cold hard fact of it is that stopping medals being awarded if that does happen will fall solely on THC and THC alone. two wrongs dont make a right fellas and actions that penalize multiple groups rather than 1 person or one group are far more SPITEFUL.

cant wait to read the next 10 THC posts repeating the same crap that ive already read 20 times over. fight or dont fight i couldnt care less but shut the @#$% up about it already.

P.S. sorry if i hurt anyones feelings as i can see there are some sensitive people on this thread.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/24/12 04:13 PM

It's over. Event has started. Move on.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/24/12 04:34 PM

Smack, I certinly understand what you are saying and for the most part, but not all, agree with it. Some of it.

Here is the way I see it, good, bad or ugly...

1. If this is truely an alliance competition there should be no exclusions, just because someone lays claim to running the event and has a beef with another. The person running an "Alliance Event" should not have that power. If it was an event that was being thrown together as some, just for the fun of it event, with no alliance implications or the ability to win medals then so be it.

2. Any... Any, true Alliance Event should be sanctioned by the powers to be and should not show any bias towards a Coach or Alliance.

3. All, sanctioned Alliance Events should award medals.

4. No, non-sanctioned Alliance Events should be allowed to issue medals.

5. All rules to any and all Alliance Events should be standardized accross the board. If it is a non-sanctioned event then the rules can be established by the Event Creator/Host.

6. The reason DBA is not in this Alliance Event is not because we are dead, like so many would like to believe and advocate, but because it is too differcult to get beyond all the bullshit that takes place time and time again. Get some control and some organization and DBA will be there. It is true that DBA has slowed down considerably and a lot of our camps are minimally run and maintained. But most, not all still check in and say the same things over and over...same shit...different day. That of course is a paraphrase.

Unless and until things become more grown up, DBA probably will not participate. We will wait with bated breath for things to change...yeah, right. Althought I can't speak for other Alliances, I feel that they too feel the same way. Why else would two, three or more Alliances not participate?

Same shit, different day...or regroup with a better plan. Any attempt at a better plan is better than all the shit that has been going on year after year.

Do I have a beef with Mr. Oxymoron...damn straight!? Why, well to put it in the short version..."His self righteous, my shit don't stink, know-it-all attitude. Could have used more adjectives but held back. Lol.

Now go ahead Mr. Wunderful or Oxymoron or whatever. Come on back and trash everything I say. Show us once again your attitude which is why I changed my view of you from Mr. Wunderful to Mr. Oxymoron.

W.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/24/12 07:13 PM

2. Any... Any, true Alliance Event should be sanctioned by the powers to be and should not show any bias towards a Coach or Alliance.

Capitalizing on a short moment of lucidity, Warren makes the best point in the entire thread. Ironically enough, it was the same point that caused this giant poopfest.
Posted by: JeyJey

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/24/12 08:52 PM

1. If this is truely an alliance competition there should be no exclusions, just because someone lays claim to running the event and has a beef with another. The person running an "Alliance Event" should not have that power.

+1
Posted by: Pepster

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/25/12 05:03 AM

Originally Posted By: ho brah!
And have stated that by being spiteful win is going to cost himself the ability to give out medals becuase of it. Like someone in the company made mention too... Guess some actions have consequences.

this is so off its funny the only thing that could pos stop medals being awarded is THC not competing NOT Wun saying grapple cant be part of it. Wun is in no way stopping THC from competing THC is stopping themselves, you can be mad at Wun all you want but dont try and put the blame for something your alliance is choosing to do on him. THC and Wun both may have their panties in a bunch but THC alone is @#$%@#$ it up for everyone else by throwing a fit. the cold hard fact of it is that stopping medals being awarded if that does happen will fall solely on THC and THC alone. two wrongs dont make a right fellas and actions that penalize multiple groups rather than 1 person or one group are far more SPITEFUL.

cant wait to read the next 10 THC posts repeating the same crap that ive already read 20 times over. fight or dont fight i couldnt care less but shut the @#$% up about it already.

P.S. sorry if i hurt anyones feelings as i can see there are some sensitive people on this thread.

So lets say say I want to start an alliance event. Since I don't like you, I'm not gonna let you participate. I think you would be a little upset. Hell your alliance might not want to compete without you. Then they might sit out. Oh wait this all sounds really familiar. Next event we have we'll just ban the key coaches from an alliance so we can collect the spoils, if that's the precedent you want to set.
Posted by: Big Ace

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/25/12 06:27 AM

The long of the short of this is it's Wun's event and it's optional to participate in.

Wun puts in the work - he makes the rules. Accept them as they are - or as THC demonstrated - don't. I don't begrudge them for it.

If someone here feels this is injust - then make a new G4G in the spirit that you see fit. I have a feeling Wun isn't going to create events any more - so we need more coaches with initiative to keep alliance events alive.

Anyone who complained - I dare you to start an alliance event. If you don't want to put in the work - then STFU. It's self-defeating.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/25/12 07:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Big Ace
The long of the short of this is it's Wun's event and it's optional to participate in.

Probably the only real point Wun has, he did create the G4G

Wun puts in the work - he makes the rules. Accept them as they are - or as THC demonstrated - don't. I don't begrudge them for it.

Yes, but discluding someone for something he started, kinda failing there

If someone here feels this is injust - then make a new G4G in the spirit that you see fit. I have a feeling Wun isn't going to create events any more - so we need more coaches with initiative to keep alliance events alive.

The general rules are fine, that's not the issue, it's the disclusion cause of this childish bullshit is where the issue lies

Anyone who complained - I dare you to start an alliance event. If you don't want to put in the work - then STFU. It's self-defeating.

Starting isn't so hard, it's getting everyone to play.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/25/12 07:33 AM

Originally Posted By: ChiefBD
It's over. Event has started. Move on.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/25/12 07:34 AM

Originally Posted By: ChiefBD
No one listens to me.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/25/12 07:42 AM

You should try it sometime. Might help.

If you can pull yourself away from juggling Soviet's balls in your mouth.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/25/12 07:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Darksied

The general rules are fine, that's not the issue, it's the disclusion cause of this childish bullshit is where the issue lies

Sounds like an excuse to me if I've never heard one.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/25/12 07:52 AM

Try what, actually have an idea what's going on, already got that sunshine.

And yes, because anything I say has anything to do with Sov, how about you you pry your mouth away from Wun's balls long enough to see what's actually going on?

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/25/12 07:53 AM

Lmao, really, you attack that single point, not that actual issues at hand, tis sad.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/25/12 10:55 AM

I know that the tourney started but I don't want to end with any misunderstandings...

@ Harrier: I DO NOT think you sat out to keep the tourney from getting medals. I just didn't like the possibility that because THC voluntarily sat out that it would prevent the participating alliances from getting them. Your decisions should only affect you and Wun, not the rest of us. Also, I thought it was weak to use the threat of no medals to attempt to get Wun to change his mind, knowing he won't. That's just me though... However, seeing that there will be 1st, and 2nd place medals awarded it doesn't matter anymore. I am disappointed that THC isn't in this but at least the only alliance it will prevent from getting a medal is THC. Too bad...

@ Warren:

Replying to you is always so easy because you number them. lol

IMO tourneys are the "intellectual property" of it's creator. The person came up with the concept, organizes it, and runs it. It takes time and patience, and a good imagination. No one has the right to tell that person what he can and cannot do with his "property". Wun did not exclude an alliance, he excluded an individual and his alliance sat out in protest. Can't blame them but it's their choice. If he excluded an entire alliance then I might see your point here.

When Chachi "sanctions" an event, as you call it, he is simply making sure it is a legitimate tourney, and that it has enough participation to warrant medals. He isn't gonna tell someone how it should be ran and what rules they're allowed to use.

If I felt like I can put together an event only for Chachi to not sanction it 'cause he doesn't approve of my rules then I won't even bother putting it together. Who would make these rules and enforce them? Do you honestly think that the members of this forum could even agree on set rules? Obviously you've never ran an event.

Sorry, but I have doubts that DBA could have fielded a team for this. G4G has always been well organized and very successful. You guys have missed several tourneys that were run by different people, not just this one. There has NEVER been an event that didn't have some type of issue. To think that you can take 100 competitive guys that watch combat sports for fun and get them to agree and get along 100% of the time is unreasonable and just plain crazy. There will always be a disagreement, so I guess that means DBA will never compete in an alliance event again, and honestly I don't care. You may have some activity but DBA died long ago when you lost your leadership.

Oh, and grown up? So, calling Wun Mr. Oxymoron is grown up? It seems to me that you're guilty of contributing to the problem that your claiming is keeping you from participating... hypocritical IMO.

Anyone who has been in an alliance will me will tell you I've never been a fan of blacklisting. It creates more problems then it solves. This as an example. But the bottom line is it's Wun's tourney and he can do what he wants....like it or not. And because of this fallout we all lose out on future G4Gs. No WAC, now no G4G. Pretty soon they'll be no tourneys left.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/25/12 11:11 AM

For the record i've been working on an alliance event for awhile and won't be blacklisting anyone (Olympics theme). Phreak can even compete and most know how i feel about him. lol. I won't throw it out there til i know for sure everyone will be into it.

Not really the point cuz Ace just made a great one and Spidey has one that i think will get better and better. I just want people to know there will be more events. One of the best parts of my experience playing this game and if i have to run a bunch of things then i will. Some people are a little more organized and have better relationships with the veterans though so i'd prefer all these cool ones like G4G, WAC etc. to still be put on by whoever.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/25/12 11:42 AM

Sweet.
Posted by: Pepster

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/25/12 12:15 PM

Because giving medals for biased events makes perfect sense... Ridiculous.

Originally Posted By: Smacku
I know that the tourney started but I don't want to end with any misunderstandings...

@ Harrier: I DO NOT think you sat out to keep the tourney from getting medals. I just didn't like the possibility that because THC voluntarily sat out that it would prevent the participating alliances from getting them. Your decisions should only affect you and Wun, not the rest of us. Also, I thought it was weak to use the threat of no medals to attempt to get Wun to change his mind, knowing he won't. That's just me though... However, seeing that there will be 1st, and 2nd place medals awarded it doesn't matter anymore. I am disappointed that THC isn't in this but at least the only alliance it will prevent from getting a medal is THC. Too bad...

So using the logic from Thunderstruck if THC was simply unorganized and didn't put together a team at all there would have been no medals. But since we took a stand for one of our teammates their will be medals given. I mean I'd just like some consistency in these decisions.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/25/12 12:36 PM

I don't make the decisions on who gets medals, and I have no idea why medals weren't awarded for Thunderstruck. IMO 1st, and 2nd place medals should have been rewarded.

THC the largest active alliance. They have a ton of good vets. I have a hard time believing banning one player has created a bias against THC. I bet THC could have fielded a 1st or 2nd place team w/o Grap. I would hardly call being short 1 player a bias. Wun wasn't trying to stick it to THC, just Grapple.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/25/12 02:01 PM

@ Warren:

Replying to you is always so easy because you number them. lol

IMO tourneys are the "intellectual property" of it's creator. The person came up with the concept, organizes it, and runs it. It takes time and patience, and a good imagination. No one has the right to tell that person what he can and cannot do with his "property". Wun did not exclude an alliance, he excluded an individual and his alliance sat out in protest. Can't blame them but it's their choice. If he excluded an entire alliance then I might see your point here.

When Chachi "sanctions" an event, as you call it, he is simply making sure it is a legitimate tourney, and that it has enough participation to warrant medals. He isn't gonna tell someone how it should be ran and what rules they're allowed to use.

If I felt like I can put together an event only for Chachi to not sanction it 'cause he doesn't approve of my rules then I won't even bother putting it together. Who would make these rules and enforce them? Do you honestly think that the members of this forum could even agree on set rules? Obviously you've never ran an event.

Sorry, but I have doubts that DBA could have fielded a team for this. G4G has always been well organized and very successful. You guys have missed several tourneys that were run by different people, not just this one. There has NEVER been an event that didn't have some type of issue. To think that you can take 100 competitive guys that watch combat sports for fun and get them to agree and get along 100% of the time is unreasonable and just plain crazy. There will always be a disagreement, so I guess that means DBA will never compete in an alliance event again, and honestly I don't care. You may have some activity but DBA died long ago when you lost your leadership.

Oh, and grown up? So, calling Wun Mr. Oxymoron is grown up? It seems to me that you're guilty of contributing to the problem that your claiming is keeping you from participating... hypocritical IMO.

Anyone who has been in an alliance will me will tell you I've never been a fan of blacklisting. It creates more problems then it solves. This as an example. But the bottom line is it's Wun's tourney and he can do what he wants....like it or not. And because of this fallout we all lose out on future G4Gs. No WAC, now no G4G. Pretty soon they'll be no tourneys left.

Well, I guess in this particular case we will agree to disagree. On several points.

But this is what I know for sure...it will continue to be a royal fucking mess from event to event. Picture a monkey trying to fuck a football. That is what these events constantly turn out to be like.

The one major point that you mentioned that rankles me a bit is the one about the loss of leadership. I believe you are speaking of Fistk. If you were to ask Fistk who has been running the alliance for the last couple of years he would say that it has been, yup, you guessed it, me. When I stopped performing the daily alliance issues everyone started to disappear or slowly faded away. The problem has been simple...DBA doesn't what to enter this or any other slip shod event that constantly ends up in a gang bang of he said, she said.

So believe what ever you or anybody else wants to, the fact is and has always been that most know not what they speak of when it comes to DBA. It is just mere negitive, erroneous, slander.

Then again, I did state, we can agree to disagee.

W.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/25/12 02:06 PM

I don't make the decisions on who gets medals, and I have no idea why medals weren't awarded for Thunderstruck. IMO 1st, and 2nd place medals should have been rewarded.

THC the largest active alliance. They have a ton of good vets. I have a hard time believing banning one player has created a bias against THC. I bet THC could have fielded a 1st or 2nd place team w/o Grap. I would hardly call being short 1 player a bias. Wun wasn't trying to stick it to THC, just Grapple.

well if this tourney gets medals, then chachi can expect some heat until we get the TS medals given out too. like i said in the beginning, the medals was nothing against wun or the his tourney, it was more for the fact we feel like we got cheated out of our TS medals, and that same circumstance should have carried over to this tourney since it was the same situation. some of you took it as "threats" but i think it was called realistic logic, i was simply pointing it out and letting him make his moves (although yes smack i did know that wouldnt change anything, i was just hoping people would say wtf wun just let grap compete so we can all get medals, but whatever)

anyway no offense smack, i respect you alot and all, but you dont even realize how terribly terribly wrong your entire last statement is... thc is no where near the largest active alliance unless you somehow count dicking around on the forums. i have TWO FIGHTERS in my whole camp, caleb is mostly inactive, so is pain, harrier, sly, literally most of our entire roster is playing at a 25% level or less. we had a TOTAL of 15 possibles, including grapples guys and the guys who popped to efc. (keep in mind 10 required for a roster)

most of our roster was lw's moving up to ww to fill gaps, no lhw's basically at all (which was graps spot) and we also had a last minute loss of two starters at lw (trite popped out of glory to efc) and our guy at mw refused to partake in the tourney after he heard about graps ban, was his own personal decision. so we were literally down to 3 starters and 2 empty slots the day the rosters were due, one could obviously easily be filled by grapple and in turn the other also (who told us he 100% refused to use his fighter) if grapple was unbanned.

so yeah, bottom line, we were not going to field a team for g4g with 3 starters and two scrubs with like 20 fights and no hiddens just because we were informed the day of the rosters being due we couldnt use graps guy. so sorry, you can all have your opinions but it was an easy thing to fix and we shouldnt be bent over a barrel and forced to use a sub-par roster cuz of 2 guys having a personal issue. if he was gonna be stubborn, so were we. absolutely nothing wrong with eye-for-an-eye in this situation, especially when that was what his ban on grap was.

so to anyone who feels like we just "sat out" to punish wun, you dont know the whole story, so give us a break and stop with all your assumptions. like we said, without grap, we didnt HAVE a roster, if you choose not to believe us, whatever, but dont sit here and act like WE are the ones trying to pull the high school drama shit because i will never sit here and listen to that shit, sorry.
Posted by: Caleb

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/25/12 04:54 PM

to everything in this thread
Posted by: OhioStateBuckeye

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/25/12 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Wadsworth Longmember

Your post is by far the most well thoughtout and positive thing I have seen so far, lol

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/25/12 05:37 PM

[quote=Big Ace]The long of the short of this is it's Wun's event and it's optional to participate in.

Lmao, really, you attack that single point, not that actual issues at hand, tis sad. [/quote]

To me having alliance events are the only issue. I don't think discluding grapple is the issue. It's Wun's event. Period. You make the event - you make the rules. I don't think I need to say more.
Posted by: Elbownknee

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/25/12 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Wadsworth Longmember

yes. lol
Posted by: Matty

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/25/12 06:52 PM

Chill out guys, its just a loving group tournament

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/26/12 02:54 PM

@ Sov

When I said largest, I was simply going by the roster that's in the Roster thread. It has you @ 19 which would be the largest. Obviously I didn't go through your camps. If what you say is true, which I'm sure it is, then you pretty much had no choice but sit out because of the THC member sitting out in protest. I stand corrected.

We're both smart dudes, so I'll just be frank with ya. You brought up the medals in 3 or 4 different posts before I said anything. I knew, like you mentioned, that you were intentionally trying to create a backlash against Wun from the other alliances by bringing it up. There are 2 possible outcomes if you were successful.

1. Wun caves to the pressure and lets Grapple compete. You even admit yourself that you knew this was unlikely to happen. That leaves..

2.Wun cancels the tourney. This by far would be the most likely outcome is another alliance jumped on him.

Whether you were intending to or not, your actions could have led to this not happening. I got love and respect for you too, man but I think that's weak so, that's why I jumped in. Ironically, the only backlash it created in your favor came from an alliance that isn't even competing in this, or anything else for that matter. I can totally respect you guys for sitting out to back your boy but if you're going to "take your ball and go home" then go home. Don't sit on the sidelines and trip players as they run down the court. Meaning, please don't screw with the tourney (by creating backlash) just 'caue you can't be in it.

It really doesn't matter now, I just wanted to explain where I was coming from. It's nothing personal against you or THC. Like I said before, I would have preferred to see you in it.

@ Warren

You say DBA doesn't want to be in this because you don't want to take part in all of the drama. Funny thing is, here you are elbow deep in the drama and you're not even competing in this! Not only that, you're contributing in the drama by trying to proclaim DBA is sitting out in protest. I call shenanigans on that one, dude. I checked the rosters of the DBA camps listed in the Camp Roster thread, including yours. Now, unless you guys have a group super secret camps that aren't listed in that thread, you can't even field 1 Glory fighter. I doubt you even attempted to get a roster together. Not because of tourney drama but because you couldn't.

What you did instead was take this as an opportunity to come in here and take some shots at your arch enemy. All the while trying to hide behind some fake stance of nobility by "protesting". You were actually trolling.

And yes, I meant since FistK stopped playing. An alliance leader is responsible for making sure his alliance has forum, game, and competition activity. The moment an alliance leader stops doing these things their alliance will start to die. You cannot lead an alliance w/o playing. When GF stopped playing TLCS almost died. Chachi stopped, TTT dead. FistK stopped., DBA dead.

Nothing personal but if you're leading DBA you're doing a shitty job of it. You have 7 listed members and haven't competed in alliance event in over a year, I bet. If there is too much disorganization and childish shit going on in these tourneys why don't you make one and show us how it's done? When was the last time DBA put together an event? In the Alliance rules thread you were all for rules that encouraged participation. All you do is get in these debates and suggest a bunch of stuff but expect someone else to do it. If you're not helping the cause, then you're hurting it. If you're going to sit out and pout, then you ain't helping. I miss the days when DBA was an actual alliance and not the sad thing you have let it become.

/rant.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/26/12 04:20 PM

@ Warren

You say DBA doesn't want to be in this because you don't want to take part in all of the drama. Funny thing is, here you are elbow deep in the drama and you're not even competing in this! Not only that, you're contributing in the drama by trying to proclaim DBA is sitting out in protest. I call shenanigans on that one, dude. I checked the rosters of the DBA camps listed in the Camp Roster thread, including yours. Now, unless you guys have a group super secret camps that aren't listed in that thread, you can't even field 1 Glory fighter. I doubt you even attempted to get a roster together. Not because of tourney drama but because you couldn't.

What you did instead was take this as an opportunity to come in here and take some shots at your arch enemy. All the while trying to hide behind some fake stance of nobility by "protesting". You were actually trolling.

And yes, I meant since FistK stopped playing. An alliance leader is responsible for making sure his alliance has forum, game, and competition activity. The moment an alliance leader stops doing these things their alliance will start to die. You cannot lead an alliance w/o playing. When GF stopped playing TLCS almost died. Chachi stopped, TTT dead. FistK stopped., DBA dead.

Nothing personal but if you're leading DBA you're doing a shitty job of it. You have 7 listed members and haven't competed in alliance event in over a year, I bet. If there is too much disorganization and childish shit going on in these tourneys why don't you make one and show us how it's done? When was the last time DBA put together an event? In the Alliance rules thread you were all for rules that encouraged participation. All you do is get in these debates and suggest a bunch of stuff but expect someone else to do it. If you're not helping the cause, then you're hurting it. If you're going to sit out and pout, then you ain't helping. I miss the days when DBA was an actual alliance and not the sad thing you have let it become.

/rant.

BURN!!!!!!!!

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/27/12 06:13 AM

Too much writing for my small british brain to read
Posted by: Ehrod

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 05/27/12 09:54 AM

What I heard was "The truth and nothing but the truth"

Well said Smacku. Perfect combo of honesty and respect.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 03/25/14 03:45 AM

@ Sov

When I said largest, I was simply going by the roster that's in the Roster thread. It has you @ 19 which would be the largest. Obviously I didn't go through your camps. If what you say is true, which I'm sure it is, then you pretty much had no choice but sit out because of the THC member sitting out in protest. I stand corrected.

We're both smart dudes, so I'll just be frank with ya. You brought up the medals in 3 or 4 different posts before I said anything. I knew, like you mentioned, that you were intentionally trying to create a backlash against Wun from the other alliances by bringing it up. There are 2 possible outcomes if you were successful.

1. Wun caves to the pressure and lets Grapple compete. You even admit yourself that you knew this was unlikely to happen. That leaves..

2.Wun cancels the tourney. This by far would be the most likely outcome is another alliance jumped on him.

Whether you were intending to or not, your actions could have led to this not happening. I got love and respect for you too, man but I think that's weak so, that's why I jumped in. Ironically, the only backlash it created in your favor came from an alliance that isn't even competing in this, or anything else for that matter. I can totally respect you guys for sitting out to back your boy but if you're going to "take your ball and go home" then go home. Don't sit on the sidelines and trip players as they run down the court. Meaning, please don't screw with the tourney (by creating backlash) just 'caue you can't be in it.

It really doesn't matter now, I just wanted to explain where I was coming from. It's nothing personal against you or THC. Like I said before, I would have preferred to see you in it.

@ Warren

/rant.

Bumped for entertainment

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 03/25/14 04:41 AM

yeah this was the greatest drama to take place on these shitty forums

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 03/26/14 03:40 PM

And the beat (shit) goes on!

W.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 03/26/14 04:26 PM

LOL

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 03/28/14 06:07 AM

I thought someone was bringing up the idea of having another one, but, I was wrong tho.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 03/28/14 01:22 PM

You're not the first to ask bruv, but lets let the alliances build up a bit before we have a comp.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 03/28/14 01:38 PM

You're not the first to ask bruv, but lets let the alliances build up a bit before we have a comp.

Just to clarify. I bumped this because Smacku has been such a good guy and we were talking about how he never gets upset in the shoutbox so i was reminded about this moment when he vented which was entertaining.

I think we are all mature enough to move on from whatever stupid bickering happened back then and i'm looking forward to this event happening again.

Wun you did a great job with G4G and i'd be happy to see you run it again if you so chose to. I agree that the alliances need to build up a little further to make a good alliance event happen but it seems we have some good activity and are not too far away.
Posted by: Jid

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 03/28/14 03:52 PM

Wun is an good lad.
Posted by: FoulAdministrator

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 03/28/14 04:01 PM

I can field a team myself
Posted by: GoodkidCC

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 04/03/14 09:17 PM

I don't even remember what started all the drama.

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 04/04/14 12:43 PM

Good.
Posted by: ThePandaMan

Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! - 04/04/14 05:37 PM

LOL

and a coach being banned from g4g