World Alliance Championship 8

Posted by: Mr. Wunderful

World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/23/14 07:22 PM

Here it is, the granddaddy of them all:

The World Alliance Championship VIII

Start Date: Friday May 30, PM reset.
Lineups must be turned in Thursday PM reset.

- Tournament takes place in EFC.
- 2 fighters representing each alliance per weight class, and 1 alternate at each weight class if possible. 1 coach can have 2 fighters max and they must be in different weight classes (they can be from different camps)
- When the rosters are submitted please label each of the two fighters in each weight class #1 & #2 and they will be separated into that bracket. We will have two 8 man brackets, and the winners will meet in the final. The only way you will fight your teammate is in the final. It's totally your choice which one is #1 and who is #2 (the higher ranked fighter doesn't have to be in bracket 1, it's your choice)
- Fighters are slotted in an NCAA style bracket based on ranking. If your fighter is not signed into EFC before the ranking update then they will be punished w/ the lowest seed in the tournament.
- 1 and out tournament, you win & you move on to continue accumulating points, you lose & you're out.
- 2 pts for decision wins, and 3 pts for finishing your opponent. The points will increase after the 3rd round, the final round will be worth 5 pts for a decision and 7 pts for for a finish.
- The team w/ the highest aggregate point total is the champion, 2nd & 3rd will both receive medals as well.

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/24/14 05:56 AM

saved

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/26/14 06:29 AM

Rosters in this Thursday PM reset. Thanks fellas.
Posted by: DYTI

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/28/14 08:27 AM

Making the roster for tlcs right now... just wondering if the alts have to be signed to efc before ranking update as well?
Posted by: Pepster

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/28/14 08:36 AM

I highly doubt THC is gonna have enough fighters for this but Im currently trying to round up some.
Posted by: Mr. Judo

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/28/14 06:09 PM

same as mod^
Posted by: Fiver

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/28/14 06:40 PM

Chaos Crew is short too. Without Chubby, we have 4 HW, 2 MW AND 2 WW. Waiting to hear from Chubby, but eve so, we will be short of a complete roster.
Posted by: Grapple420

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/28/14 07:29 PM

Sounds like alot of alliances are short. Can we use more fighters per coach to try to fill it out?
Posted by: Hector

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/28/14 11:37 PM

http://mmarmy.org/fighter_display.php?id=1086863

TTT sole rep. He's a LW put him against anyone. Lol

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/29/14 04:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Grapple420
Sounds like alot of alliances are short. Can we use more fighters per coach to try to fill it out?

this would be great

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/29/14 04:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Grapple420

Obviously it's best if each Alliance fields full team, and since these are still lean times compared to the glory days we're all going to have to be a bit flexible. If we up it to 3 fighters per coach does that fix the problem? If you're still short of a full team then PM me and we'll try to work something out.

I just want it to be fun and competitive for everybody. I don't want the Alliance with the most people to win just because they had the most fighters, but this may also be a call for Alliances to start trying to recruit more active coaches. I know theres a couple great free agents out there.

As for the Alt's, here's the thing. If you have a retirement and you Alt isn't in the Org, then you lose by default. They don't necessarily have to be in the EFC when you submit your roster, but if you need them and they're not there then your gamble didn't pay off.

Sorry for the late answers but I've been working double shifts all week and barely had a chance to get fights in, although I did take the EFC LHW belt from Teshore yesterday smile
Posted by: Jbear

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/29/14 04:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Mr. Wunderful

I just want it to be fun and competitive for everybody. I don't want the Alliance with the most people to win just because they had the most fighters, but this may also be a call for Alliances to start trying to recruit more active coaches. I know theres a couple great free agents out there.

There are no active free agents and recruiting is impossible. The same people have been playing for months and no one new is coming in here under these circumstances.
Posted by: ChiefBDAdministrator

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/29/14 04:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Jbear

There are no active free agents and recruiting is impossible. The same people have been playing for months and no one new is coming in here under these circumstances.

I have approved 10 new people in the past month and there are new players consistently starting camps up on game side. Whether they stick to their camps is another thing but new players create camps a lot more frequently then you'd think

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/29/14 04:51 AM

and yes i do history IP checks to see if they are new or old players making new camps.

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/29/14 05:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Jbear

Philcam is a FA

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/29/14 09:33 AM

philcam will quit in a week as usual lol

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/29/14 09:41 AM

oh ok i guess that changes everything. one guy who has no interest in alliances and barely plays. our prayers are answered.

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/29/14 12:11 PM

Sorry guys, I was just trying to point out that there are guys out there. There's returning guys that aren't in an Alliance, there's also new guys playing. You can try and bring people from other teams, or try and convince Hec to join a real Alliance, there's prolly more guys like Phil, he was just in my immediate radar because he said he didn't want to come back to The Company.
Recruiting isn't easy but it can be done.

I'm in the process of updating the Alliance Roster thread and with the new 15 member cap there may be more FA's soon.
Posted by: Smacku

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/29/14 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Pepster
I highly doubt THC is gonna have enough fighters for this but Im currently trying to round up some.

TLCS has the same issue. We may have 2 fighters in the EFC. It's funny because several of us use PtP camps. My PtP camp is 3 fights over .500....

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/29/14 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Smacku
Originally Posted By: Pepster

TLCS has the same issue. We may have 2 fighters in the EFC. It's funny because several of us use PtP camps. My PtP camp is 3 fights over .500....

....still hasn't been changed.
Posted by: Hector

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/29/14 06:06 PM

Back in the day, WAC accepted players fighters even if alliance could only put 1 guy in. There is a weight class title as well as overall title.

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/29/14 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Prince Hector
Back in the day, WAC accepted players fighters even if alliance could only put 1 guy in. There is a weight class title as well as overall title.

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/29/14 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Prince Hector

Join an alliance you bum. lol
Posted by: Big Ace

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/29/14 07:32 PM

Posted by: Migrantworkers

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/29/14 07:41 PM

Haha

Thanks for the edit
Posted by: DYTI

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/29/14 08:26 PM

Wun, I pm'd you the roster for TLCS... we only have 2 fighters.

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/29/14 10:34 PM

Got a few questions. The fighters need to be signed prior to the rankings update for friday pm not am? Just making sure.

Also, theres obviously going to be byes in this since we dont have 8 active alliances and not all of us can fill a roster. How will the points work for byes? Do they automatically get max points for the round? And if only 4 guys are in a bracket, will they all gets byes and max points for round 1?

Finally, when exactly can the alternates be used?

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/30/14 06:34 AM

Fighters need to be in EFC by tonights update. I'll have to think about how the points for byes work. Alts are in because of retirement only

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/30/14 06:37 AM

Fighters need to be in EFC by tonights update. I'll have to think about how the points for byes work. Alts are in because of retirement only

Make sure there are viable teams for running the event Wun. If the Company is stocked and ready while others are fielding teams of 2 fighters then it's not much of a competition.

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/30/14 06:42 AM

Originally Posted By: ChiefBD

Make sure there are viable teams for running the event Wun. If the Company is stocked and ready while others are fielding teams of 2 fighters then it's not much of a competition.

Trust me man I've been thinking about that a lot. Wondering if we should even put it off for another week, or if that would even help. So far I've only gotten 1 other complete roster. 2 rosters with 4-6 fighters, TTT has 1 fighter, and haven't gotten anything from ITC, & MOD yet.

I want it to be fun and fair, I thought 3 weeks notice would be enough to get everybody up into EFC.

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/30/14 06:52 AM

Originally Posted By: ChiefBD

Trust me man I've been thinking about that a lot. Wondering if we should even put it off for another week, or if that would even help. So far I've only gotten 1 other complete roster. 2 rosters with 4-6 fighters, TTT has 1 fighter, and haven't gotten anything from ITC, & MOD yet.

I want it to be fun and fair, I thought 3 weeks notice would be enough to get everybody up into EFC.

This is a killer event. It's just that all the players that just came back may have either lost interest waiting for changes or are busy and nothing substantial has been added to get them excited to play regularly.

I'm not sure if everyone has even seen the promotion for the WAC and a few of the players haven't even heard of it since it hasn't happened in awhile.

My suggestion is to just extend the start date for a bit. Now that most know it's coming and have been scrambling. I can post an ad for it on the Game side under "Game News" if that helps but a lot of people said they don't even read that. lol

ITC is pretty much just Big Show atm. I'd rule them out.

TTT is just Hector. There is no other active member.

MoD can field a team barely. THC the same. TLCS might be in the same boat but i've seen Godfather come back recently so they are probably good.

ALLIANCE for sure can field. I'm sure Wun you'll be able to tell better by the rosters sent in to ya.

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/30/14 07:05 AM

I'm totally cool with extending it, lets get some feedback from other players today and see how everybody feels.
Posted by: ThePandaMan

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/30/14 07:46 AM

we put together a roster but half are not efc level fighters stat wise

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/30/14 07:51 AM

I'm fine with running it now, its not like there are tons of new people trying to join alliances. If you wait a week it will be pretty much the same.
Posted by: Teshore

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/30/14 08:35 AM

Or, what if we did the g4g event in like 2 weeks? Glory level seems much easier to obtain

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/30/14 08:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Teshore
Or, what if we did the g4g event in like 2 weeks? Glory level seems much easier to obtain

Don't you mean Pursuit 4 Preliator?

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/30/14 09:10 AM

A week, a month, a few months arent going to change anything. This is our user base. Best to accept that for the time being and organize with that in mind.
Posted by: Harrier

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/30/14 09:47 AM

Sooooo....should i just fight my guys?
Posted by: Robo

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/30/14 09:51 AM

MOD Roster is almost done. We're 2 fighters short right now, but I will PM our roster tonight.
Posted by: Black-Santa

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/30/14 02:05 PM

Idk i thought there was enough time to organize a roster. When WAC was announced i was still coming back but i managed 3 of my first gen fighters into the EFC...moved my MW to LHW to accomodate. But i get some people are still coming back but jbear has a point..we arent getting any bigger at the moment. I mean we can start spamming ufc facebook with the mmarmy link to try and recruit new members. Idk. But maybe alliances should merge for the time being like we did. Maybe have a few super alliances instead of 8 alliances with 3 or 4 people in it. That way we would have more alliance activity for the time being with massive super alliance competitions. Its always a thought.

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/30/14 04:07 PM

We will start this event Sat AM reset because I'm still waiting for a roster. Feel free to make any changes to your roster tonight, just PM me the changes. When I wake up tomorrow I'm going with the rosters that are in my inbox.

Thanks for everybody's patience and enthusiasm, I'm sure this will be another fun event.

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/31/14 07:18 AM

You will get 2 points for a bye in the first round

Please don't fight your round 2 matches until Sat PM reset.

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/31/14 09:14 AM

can the guys wuth byes this round fight outside of the event?

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/31/14 03:09 PM

I know this is too late, but yeah of course they could.

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/31/14 03:41 PM

I'll be perfectly honest, I misread AM and thought it started PM reset. So I sent fights out this morning and fought.

Both my fighters ended up having a bye luckily, however, my MW was up for the EFC belt, and I won it. lol.

I guess I should vacate the title. Wouldnt be right to give an undeserving challenger the shot because of a forum event. Or would it make this event that much better?

There's a fluke chance that my opponent will be the actual #1 contender for the belt, in which case the belt is on the line in this event.

Unless it's best to vacate it?

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/31/14 03:44 PM

I've always believed that no belts should be contested within any event.

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/31/14 03:50 PM

BTW, as per usual the winner of each fight has to post the result in the weight class thread. I'm not going to go through each fighters history to check if they won or not. I need the results so I can can set up the second round match ups.
Thanks fellas.

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/31/14 04:10 PM

I've always believed that no belts should be contested within any event.

Word. It's your event, so it's your call. I'll vacate it before my fight.
Posted by: Migrantworkers

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 05/31/14 04:29 PM

To support Wun (who doesn't need it) that is how it was always done

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 06/01/14 04:03 AM

OK guys, I'm sorry I wasn't around yesterday for PM reset, RL happens at the worst time right? I thought most of the round 2 fights were straight forward but lots of people fought the wrong guys.

S lets take this Sunday AM reset to get everything back on track. I'll figure out who still needs to fight who, we'll use this reset to make up any of those fights and we'll have round 3 in the Sunday PM reset.

I'll make an up to date scoreboard too.

I'm really sorry to make a mess of things, this wasn't the best weekend for me (that's why I was trying to do it last weekend)

Thanks everybody for their patience and the lack of complaining. Sorry about any confusion I've caused.

Please spread the word amongst your teammates and help me help get this thing rolling right.

Also, thanks to Mig for the help yesterday, I appreciate it hommie.

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 06/01/14 05:47 AM

The scoreboard is updated, all the threads are updated. Please pas it along to your alliance mates.

Also please post the results of your fights in the weight class threads

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 06/01/14 11:45 AM

are there set dates for these fights? if not can we get some? i just see bracket 1 bracket 2 rd 1 rd 2 etc but i dont know when im expected to have these fights. im assuming each round is a full day?

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 06/01/14 03:07 PM

No, each round is a reset.

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 06/01/14 04:35 PM

Honestly ive just been following what Wun posts for he is in charge of this event. Its not that confusing. It gets a bit confusing with ppl jumping ahead or not fighting certain fights. Thats why some brackets are behind.

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 06/01/14 04:45 PM

All the fights for round 3 are posted. Only the fights that are posted for each round will count. If your fighter isn't scheduled to fight he's allowed to take any fight he wants. Jumping ahead isn't an option, if the fight for the round wasn't posted it doesn't count for the tourney and the points don't count.

I made it as clear as possible which fights should happen.
There are resets where every fighter isn't going to fight because all the weight classes don't have the same amount of fighters, also within the weight class both bracket 1 and bracket 2 don't have the same amount of fighters. Therefore some guys have to sit out and wait for the bracket to catch up. It's not that complicated, I posted the round, the bracket, the reset, and even the fighter links. If somebody chose to not follow the posts that's their fault, not mine.

I'll update the scoreboard in a bit.

Thanks fellas.

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 06/04/14 04:44 PM

Medals Issued

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 06/05/14 05:04 AM

Yay more bronze for my collection.
Posted by: DrinkDrankCrunk

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 06/05/14 09:32 PM

wow, that's quite a fine set of bronzes!

Re: World Alliance Championship 8 - 10/25/15 12:42 AM

bump