Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#335773 - 05/25/12 07:53 AM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Big Ace]
Darksied

Originally Posted By: Big Ace
Originally Posted By: Darksied
Originally Posted By: Big Ace
The long of the short of this is it's Wun's event and it's optional to participate in.

Probably the only real point Wun has, he did create the G4G

Wun puts in the work - he makes the rules. Accept them as they are - or as THC demonstrated - don't. I don't begrudge them for it.

Yes, but discluding someone for something he started, kinda failing there

If someone here feels this is injust - then make a new G4G in the spirit that you see fit. I have a feeling Wun isn't going to create events any more - so we need more coaches with initiative to keep alliance events alive.

The general rules are fine, that's not the issue, it's the disclusion cause of this childish bullshit is where the issue lies

Anyone who complained - I dare you to start an alliance event. If you don't want to put in the work - then STFU. It's self-defeating.

Starting isn't so hard, it's getting everyone to play.

Sounds like an excuse to me if I've never heard one.

Lmao, really, you attack that single point, not that actual issues at hand, tis sad.

Edited by Darksied (05/25/12 07:53 AM)

migrantworkers: see abs...i am not as dumb as you think i am
abalest: lol, i never thought you were dumb, just old and senile

#335790 - 05/25/12 10:55 AM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Warren]
Smacku

Loc: So. Cal.
I know that the tourney started but I don't want to end with any misunderstandings...

@ Harrier: I DO NOT think you sat out to keep the tourney from getting medals. I just didn't like the possibility that because THC voluntarily sat out that it would prevent the participating alliances from getting them. Your decisions should only affect you and Wun, not the rest of us. Also, I thought it was weak to use the threat of no medals to attempt to get Wun to change his mind, knowing he won't. That's just me though... However, seeing that there will be 1st, and 2nd place medals awarded it doesn't matter anymore. I am disappointed that THC isn't in this but at least the only alliance it will prevent from getting a medal is THC. Too bad...

@ Warren:

Replying to you is always so easy because you number them. lol

IMO tourneys are the "intellectual property" of it's creator. The person came up with the concept, organizes it, and runs it. It takes time and patience, and a good imagination. No one has the right to tell that person what he can and cannot do with his "property". Wun did not exclude an alliance, he excluded an individual and his alliance sat out in protest. Can't blame them but it's their choice. If he excluded an entire alliance then I might see your point here.

When Chachi "sanctions" an event, as you call it, he is simply making sure it is a legitimate tourney, and that it has enough participation to warrant medals. He isn't gonna tell someone how it should be ran and what rules they're allowed to use.

If I felt like I can put together an event only for Chachi to not sanction it 'cause he doesn't approve of my rules then I won't even bother putting it together. Who would make these rules and enforce them? Do you honestly think that the members of this forum could even agree on set rules? Obviously you've never ran an event.

Sorry, but I have doubts that DBA could have fielded a team for this. G4G has always been well organized and very successful. You guys have missed several tourneys that were run by different people, not just this one. There has NEVER been an event that didn't have some type of issue. To think that you can take 100 competitive guys that watch combat sports for fun and get them to agree and get along 100% of the time is unreasonable and just plain crazy. There will always be a disagreement, so I guess that means DBA will never compete in an alliance event again, and honestly I don't care. You may have some activity but DBA died long ago when you lost your leadership.

Oh, and grown up? So, calling Wun Mr. Oxymoron is grown up? It seems to me that you're guilty of contributing to the problem that your claiming is keeping you from participating... hypocritical IMO.

Anyone who has been in an alliance will me will tell you I've never been a fan of blacklisting. It creates more problems then it solves. This as an example. But the bottom line is it's Wun's tourney and he can do what he wants....like it or not. And because of this fallout we all lose out on future G4Gs. No WAC, now no G4G. Pretty soon they'll be no tourneys left.

Team Smacku

Fight School

#335793 - 05/25/12 11:11 AM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Smacku]
ChiefBD Administrator

Loc: PA
For the record i've been working on an alliance event for awhile and won't be blacklisting anyone (Olympics theme). Phreak can even compete and most know how i feel about him. lol. I won't throw it out there til i know for sure everyone will be into it.

Not really the point cuz Ace just made a great one and Spidey has one that i think will get better and better. I just want people to know there will be more events. One of the best parts of my experience playing this game and if i have to run a bunch of things then i will. Some people are a little more organized and have better relationships with the veterans though so i'd prefer all these cool ones like G4G, WAC etc. to still be put on by whoever.

#335799 - 05/25/12 11:42 AM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: ChiefBD]
Smacku

Sweet.

Team Smacku

Fight School

#335806 - 05/25/12 12:15 PM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Smacku]
Pepster

Because giving medals for biased events makes perfect sense... Ridiculous.

Originally Posted By: Smacku
I know that the tourney started but I don't want to end with any misunderstandings...

@ Harrier: I DO NOT think you sat out to keep the tourney from getting medals. I just didn't like the possibility that because THC voluntarily sat out that it would prevent the participating alliances from getting them. Your decisions should only affect you and Wun, not the rest of us. Also, I thought it was weak to use the threat of no medals to attempt to get Wun to change his mind, knowing he won't. That's just me though... However, seeing that there will be 1st, and 2nd place medals awarded it doesn't matter anymore. I am disappointed that THC isn't in this but at least the only alliance it will prevent from getting a medal is THC. Too bad...

So using the logic from Thunderstruck if THC was simply unorganized and didn't put together a team at all there would have been no medals. But since we took a stand for one of our teammates their will be medals given. I mean I'd just like some consistency in these decisions.

Edited by Pepster (05/25/12 12:24 PM)

#335810 - 05/25/12 12:36 PM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Pepster]
Smacku

I don't make the decisions on who gets medals, and I have no idea why medals weren't awarded for Thunderstruck. IMO 1st, and 2nd place medals should have been rewarded.

THC the largest active alliance. They have a ton of good vets. I have a hard time believing banning one player has created a bias against THC. I bet THC could have fielded a 1st or 2nd place team w/o Grap. I would hardly call being short 1 player a bias. Wun wasn't trying to stick it to THC, just Grapple.

Team Smacku

Fight School

#335824 - 05/25/12 02:01 PM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Smacku]
Warren

Loc: South Carolina

@ Warren:

Replying to you is always so easy because you number them. lol

IMO tourneys are the "intellectual property" of it's creator. The person came up with the concept, organizes it, and runs it. It takes time and patience, and a good imagination. No one has the right to tell that person what he can and cannot do with his "property". Wun did not exclude an alliance, he excluded an individual and his alliance sat out in protest. Can't blame them but it's their choice. If he excluded an entire alliance then I might see your point here.

When Chachi "sanctions" an event, as you call it, he is simply making sure it is a legitimate tourney, and that it has enough participation to warrant medals. He isn't gonna tell someone how it should be ran and what rules they're allowed to use.

If I felt like I can put together an event only for Chachi to not sanction it 'cause he doesn't approve of my rules then I won't even bother putting it together. Who would make these rules and enforce them? Do you honestly think that the members of this forum could even agree on set rules? Obviously you've never ran an event.

Sorry, but I have doubts that DBA could have fielded a team for this. G4G has always been well organized and very successful. You guys have missed several tourneys that were run by different people, not just this one. There has NEVER been an event that didn't have some type of issue. To think that you can take 100 competitive guys that watch combat sports for fun and get them to agree and get along 100% of the time is unreasonable and just plain crazy. There will always be a disagreement, so I guess that means DBA will never compete in an alliance event again, and honestly I don't care. You may have some activity but DBA died long ago when you lost your leadership.

Oh, and grown up? So, calling Wun Mr. Oxymoron is grown up? It seems to me that you're guilty of contributing to the problem that your claiming is keeping you from participating... hypocritical IMO.

Anyone who has been in an alliance will me will tell you I've never been a fan of blacklisting. It creates more problems then it solves. This as an example. But the bottom line is it's Wun's tourney and he can do what he wants....like it or not. And because of this fallout we all lose out on future G4Gs. No WAC, now no G4G. Pretty soon they'll be no tourneys left.

Well, I guess in this particular case we will agree to disagree. On several points.

But this is what I know for sure...it will continue to be a royal fucking mess from event to event. Picture a monkey trying to fuck a football. That is what these events constantly turn out to be like.

The one major point that you mentioned that rankles me a bit is the one about the loss of leadership. I believe you are speaking of Fistk. If you were to ask Fistk who has been running the alliance for the last couple of years he would say that it has been, yup, you guessed it, me. When I stopped performing the daily alliance issues everyone started to disappear or slowly faded away. The problem has been simple...DBA doesn't what to enter this or any other slip shod event that constantly ends up in a gang bang of he said, she said.

So believe what ever you or anybody else wants to, the fact is and has always been that most know not what they speak of when it comes to DBA. It is just mere negitive, erroneous, slander.

Then again, I did state, we can agree to disagee.

W.

#335825 - 05/25/12 02:06 PM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Smacku]
Soviet

Loc: Las Vegas
I don't make the decisions on who gets medals, and I have no idea why medals weren't awarded for Thunderstruck. IMO 1st, and 2nd place medals should have been rewarded.

THC the largest active alliance. They have a ton of good vets. I have a hard time believing banning one player has created a bias against THC. I bet THC could have fielded a 1st or 2nd place team w/o Grap. I would hardly call being short 1 player a bias. Wun wasn't trying to stick it to THC, just Grapple.

well if this tourney gets medals, then chachi can expect some heat until we get the TS medals given out too. like i said in the beginning, the medals was nothing against wun or the his tourney, it was more for the fact we feel like we got cheated out of our TS medals, and that same circumstance should have carried over to this tourney since it was the same situation. some of you took it as "threats" but i think it was called realistic logic, i was simply pointing it out and letting him make his moves (although yes smack i did know that wouldnt change anything, i was just hoping people would say wtf wun just let grap compete so we can all get medals, but whatever)

anyway no offense smack, i respect you alot and all, but you dont even realize how terribly terribly wrong your entire last statement is... thc is no where near the largest active alliance unless you somehow count dicking around on the forums. i have TWO FIGHTERS in my whole camp, caleb is mostly inactive, so is pain, harrier, sly, literally most of our entire roster is playing at a 25% level or less. we had a TOTAL of 15 possibles, including grapples guys and the guys who popped to efc. (keep in mind 10 required for a roster)

most of our roster was lw's moving up to ww to fill gaps, no lhw's basically at all (which was graps spot) and we also had a last minute loss of two starters at lw (trite popped out of glory to efc) and our guy at mw refused to partake in the tourney after he heard about graps ban, was his own personal decision. so we were literally down to 3 starters and 2 empty slots the day the rosters were due, one could obviously easily be filled by grapple and in turn the other also (who told us he 100% refused to use his fighter) if grapple was unbanned.

so yeah, bottom line, we were not going to field a team for g4g with 3 starters and two scrubs with like 20 fights and no hiddens just because we were informed the day of the rosters being due we couldnt use graps guy. so sorry, you can all have your opinions but it was an easy thing to fix and we shouldnt be bent over a barrel and forced to use a sub-par roster cuz of 2 guys having a personal issue. if he was gonna be stubborn, so were we. absolutely nothing wrong with eye-for-an-eye in this situation, especially when that was what his ban on grap was.

so to anyone who feels like we just "sat out" to punish wun, you dont know the whole story, so give us a break and stop with all your assumptions. like we said, without grap, we didnt HAVE a roster, if you choose not to believe us, whatever, but dont sit here and act like WE are the ones trying to pull the high school drama shit because i will never sit here and listen to that shit, sorry.

#335869 - 05/25/12 04:54 PM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Mr. Wunderful]
Caleb

to everything in this thread

#335889 - 05/25/12 05:30 PM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Caleb]
OhioStateBuckeye

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Originally Posted By: Wadsworth Longmember
to everything in this thread

Your post is by far the most well thoughtout and positive thing I have seen so far, lol

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
4 Registered (Ahhhhhh, Gyptian, Simon, Turbo), 1014 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod