Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#334165 - 05/09/12 02:45 PM Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!!
Mr. Wunderful

Going For Glory 6!!
The Round Robin Alliance War!

This will be a Round Robin format Alliance war taking place in the Glory Org. Each Alliance will enter 1 fighter per weight class with no coach entering any more than 1 fighter. Round Robin for those that don't know means that each fighter will fight every other fighter in their division. At the end of the Round Robin the top 4 point getters in each division will have a single elimination playoff to determine the champion of each weight class. The Alliance with the most accumulated points will be crowned King of the Alliance Round Robin War.

Rules:

* 1 fighter per weight class (each alliance must enter 5 fighters, no partial rosters)
* 1 fighter per coach (not per team or camp)
* Tournament will be held in Glory
* Only fighters with No EFC Titles Allowed
* Regular scoring for the RR ie. 2 points for a win 3 points for a finish, -1 for a DQ.
* At the end of the RR, the top 4 from each weight class will enter the playoff round.
* If there are any tie's in points at the end of the RR between 2 fighters it will be settled first by looking back to the head to head match up and the winner of that will advance. If the is a tie between more than one fighter then it will be decided by the fighter with the most finishes, if this results in a tie between 2 fighters we will look back to their fight to determine the winner. If there is still a tie between more than 2 fighters it will go to most wins, if there is still a tie it will be given to the fighter with the highest P4P ranking (seeing as they will have fought the same last 5 or 6 opponents this seems fair)
* Playoff round will be 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3, determined by the amount of points they have and if there are ties in points it will be determined by P4P ranking.
* Second round points will be 5 points for advancing to the final (regardless of if you win by DQ, UD, SD, or finish) A DQ will still be -1 for the team that misses their fight.
* Final round will be 10 points for winning the division. DQ rule still in effect.
* 1 alternate is allowed per weight class and you can sub him in only due to retirements. Make sure you sign a max contract at the start of the tourney as alt's are not allowed due to pop issues. This is to try and keep the intention of using Glory level fighters. Your Alt's must be submitted with your original roster, no exceptions.
* No substitutions of Alt's allowed after the Round Robin (ie. the playoff rounds)
*If your alternates are not submitted WITH THE ORIGINAL LINEUP, the alliance will not be able to submit one.
* With this being such a large tournament with so many fighters and coaches involved they're will be NO leeway with any problems encountered.
* Winners will be determined by highest accumulated point totals for the entire tournament.

We will be having this tournament from Thur. May 24th to Sun. May 27th
Assuming that we will have 5 Alliances competing, this will mean that there will be 4 Round Robin fights, 1 bye, and 2 playoff rounds. We will have to start the first round on Thursday May 24th PM reset. Please make sure all rosters are in by Wednesday May 23rd PM reset please. Also please make sure all fighters are signed into the Glory Org Thur. AM reset, any fighters not signed into the Org when the tourney starts will be DQ'ed for that round. I will need all the time possible to arrange the brackets.

We ware planning on doing an analysis for this tournament at the end of every reset like sports reporters from newspapers. Any volunteers to do write ups would be greatly appreciated. Please PM me.

We're updating or clarifying one rule about the Alts since a couple people have asked about this. The starting 5 fighters must all be from different coaches. The 5 Alternates can be from any coaches in your Alliance including coaches that have a fighter in the starting 5. If you have a fighter in the starting 5 and also have an Alternate they do not have to be in the same weight class. I know this opens up the possibility of one coach having more than one fighter in the Tournament but the rule was put in to encourage participation and having at least 5 members of each Alliance accomplishes that. I know that some Alliances will struggle to field a full team of starters and alternates if they can only enter fighters in one weight class. With that being said, we will also limit the number of Alternates to one per coach.

Medals will be given only to the coaches that have fighters fight.

Lets have a fun war that's enjoyable for everyone. Good luck guys!

#334497 - 05/12/12 11:44 PM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Mr. Wunderful]
Mr. Wunderful

Anybody interested in helping with write ups? If so please PM me.

#334510 - 05/13/12 08:05 AM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Mr. Wunderful]
Jid

My fav torny, nooooooo, I have no stats though, damm
Postpone it lol !!!!

#334513 - 05/13/12 09:40 AM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Jid]
Darksied

Originally Posted By: Jid
My fav torny, nooooooo, I have no stats though, damm
Postpone it lol !!!!

It's not starting for another 10-11 days, don't get your panties in a twist.

migrantworkers: see abs...i am not as dumb as you think i am
abalest: lol, i never thought you were dumb, just old and senile

#334709 - 05/15/12 09:15 PM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Darksied]
B33RM0N5T3R

Loc: Wales - UK
Thanks for putting this on Wun, I will get a team ready for it.
I would offer to help with the write ups as I usually enjoy that type of thing but way to busy this month with work.

#335224 - 05/22/12 11:38 AM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: B33RM0N5T3R]
DYTI

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
rosters are due tomorrow pm reset right?

#335236 - 05/22/12 02:48 PM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: DYTI]
Mr. Wunderful

Yes, anytime tomorrow night will be fine, sometime before 10pm EST.

#335299 - 05/22/12 10:11 PM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Mr. Wunderful]
Soviet

Loc: Las Vegas
no offense to anyone meant and i know pain isnt going to like me saying this, but its pretty bullshit that some personal grudge can DQ grap from a major alliance tourney when he has the potential to fill a crucial gap in our roster. we wont even have an alt in one certain weight class (or a starter basically) without his guy.

anyway idk, i think alliance events should go above any personal issues

#335300 - 05/22/12 10:20 PM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Soviet]
B33RM0N5T3R

Loc: Wales - UK
WDoA roster will be submitted by close of play today UK time so in about the next 14hrs.

#335315 - 05/23/12 04:08 AM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: B33RM0N5T3R]
Mr. Wunderful

Get your rosters in today fellas, sometime before 10pm EST. thanks

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
5 Registered (BlimBlapZing, CatHerder, Gyptian, Matty, Simon), 275 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod