Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#388887 - 12/03/14 11:52 AM The Future of MMArmy *****
ChiefBD Administrator

Loc: PA
Figured i'd make a post the best i can to get people prepared for what is on the horizon.

As of today i have confirmed with a programmer on a potential 5 month time table on addressing some key things for this game.

1. We will be identifying some of the errors that are happening due to the updates i'm making and the increased space being used on the server. (I will be purchasing a new larger disk to move the data to if need be). The retirements and rankings need to fire off correctly and that is priority number 1.

2. Complete Game Re-write

The code used to make this game is very old and near obsolete so the programmer is going to re-write the entire game into a more updated code (Which will have hiccups and errors at first i'm sure) But it's necessary and really has to happen.

3. Phone Application / Site Re-design

A phone application version of the game that will still be connected to the main game will be worked on as well and on top of that a new crisp look to the game and forums will come with it. May not be drastically different but different nonetheless.

The steps taken for these to be completed have already begun and the time table is 5 months. I'm quite certain that it will be longer than that as there are many unforeseen issues that will come up.

On my end i will continue to update the game images w/ new items for the shop. Adding new nations, updating the namelist, Adding more PBP and finishes and every other thing that has to be done around here. Luckily i'm free all December so i'll be around to hopefully accomplish quite a bit.

2 Things i want added are small but important to me and that is the "Special Recruit" and "Camp Rankings". I made these 2 items an early priority to get completed as i've been working on the recruit file for awhile. Camp Rankings was started by the programmer but issues arose with the size of the query. I may have found a way around that.

Special Recruit - COMPLETED

is just another rare type of recruit the game will spit out with slightly higher potential in stats and a smaller potential lifespan. This fighter will have a background in a particular discipline but by no means can he not learn a new one and become more efficient at whatever else. This feature will be free and is just a neat little extention to the normal recruiting process. A special type of fighter that comes out like a willy wonka golden ticket. ha

Camp Rankings - COMPLETED

will be another tab next to fighter rankings and just a reference point in the current success of camps that will attribute some TBD factors into a formula that provides a P4P list similar to fighters. I'm hoping to also have an option for ALL TIME camp rankings with it.

I'll continue this thread with more things in the works in the future. Going to keep this thread locked to avoid any arguments.

#408614 - 05/10/15 05:43 PM Re: The Future of MMArmy [Re: ChiefBD]
ChiefBD Administrator

Time to get people caught up on the next group of features that are headed into our game.

1. Legend Organization

This will be an Org for all of the Retired Fighers in the game to compete in. With it's own Title belts and a TBD ranking system. This org will be accessed by legend tokens and each token will represent a set number of legend fights you can fight for like a contract. I will attempt to supply everyone with a good number of Legend Tokens when this Org is established so people can get a taste of it. Legend Org will have all 5 weight classes to start.

2. Female Fighters - COMPLETED

The character design has been laid down but the work the coders are doing now is to establish a separation for the female from the men so we won't have any Ray Rice situations. I do not have a time frame on it due the shear amount of unique play by play i need to add and the gross amount of clothes and potential hair and face features that need to be created. But the coding for this is being done soon.

3. Separated Orgs

The Legend Org having it's own system will lead into the creation of the amateur orgs and the specialty orgs. Amateur orgs will be a tier beneath tier 1 that will consist of it's own type of game where you can fight very young fighters and establish your own starting stats once you go pro. You will still start fairly low in stats come time to go pro but this amateur org will give you a chance to atleast direct a young fighter into a direction you prefer.

The Specialty Orgs will consist of "Style Specific" orgs that will focus on a singular style like Kickboxing or Boxing or Wrestling. The idea behind these specialty orgs will be another type of fight to compete in for the 12 hour reset and give the user a little more to do with a single fighter if they so choose. Details behind these are very thin and a lot could change once finalized. The motivation behind these will be BJJ Leagues or KB leagues etc and possibly move into the tournaments and style specific rankings in the future.

4. MMArmy Magazine

This will be a virtual representation of interesting happenings that occur in the game world we play in. From current P4P fighter to the hottest streaks and Hot prospects. I have 20 different types of news stories that will end up generating currently and likely have many more for some new flavor. I will attempt to have this made so the link you click expands towards the screen in a cool slideshow or page flipping visual.

I do not have a time table set for any of these features but they are all currently being started.

I'll continue this thread with more things in the works in the future. Going to keep this thread locked to avoid any arguments.

#425312 - 10/05/15 03:49 AM Re: The Future of MMArmy [Re: ChiefBD]
ChiefBD Administrator

1. New Hidden: IT Factor - COMPLETED

Another new hidden added to go along with "Killer Instinct" and "Sub Efficiency". The description of this hidden is to mirror the star fighters and add some more value to the unique fighter DNA. This hidden will give a small boost in a fight to help achieve victory. The weight in this hidden and how it's applied isn't over powered but soon enough coaches will be able to identify what fighters have a high value and help make a difference.

This hidden does not affect popularity even though it would make sense to. Existing formula to increase popularity still dictates.

#461543 - 01/20/17 05:31 PM Re: The Future of MMArmy [Re: ChiefBD]
ChiefBD Administrator

Ok, so a bit of a hold up on the previous additions posted above due to some difficult coding hurdles but i want to add another post now of some of the next additions that are planned.

1. Camp Fees

As most of the long time players know the cost of items in the shop was decreased dramatically due to high cost of simple premium items this has led to a much quicker and easier process of banking camp cash into your camps. What was always planned and now a bit more fleshed out are Camp Fees and this will be a monthly (Game Month) taxing of cash from your camp to give a bit of a penalty to the inactive camps and to make up for the shop prices. This will be dependent on the amount of ACTIVE fighters you currently have in your camp and your equipment levels. This may change in the future but at the moment those are the current factors.

2. Fighter Personalities

The evolution of how unique your fighters are will continue but more on a superficial basis. A personality system is going to be put in that give your fighter his/her own personality that can effect feuds, possibly training, and available sponsors (Talk about that more next). Personality set up at this moment is..

Charismatic ---------- Boring
Intimidating ---------- Professional
Brave ---------- Weak
Confident ---------- Rattled

Charisma = Pop Bonus, possible Intimidation Bonus

3. Sponsors

Sponsors are going to be a set of clothes with the brand logo of a fictional company. Being able to wear these clothes your fighter will have to qualify for certain thins like Win % or a certain rankscore or general Ranking. Personality Traits will help define what is available to you and these sponsors will be fighter specific so not just for the camp but for the individual fighter. Wearing the clothes will gain you more money

4. World Recruit Value - COMPLETED

Some of you may have seen this feature temporarily added to the game and got the explanation but what WVR consists of is a clickable map of the entire world letting you click on each country that pulls up a key to the right listing all the of left hand stats. Each left hand stat has a unique number assigned from 1-10 and this number effects the potential starting stat of a fighter recruited from that country.

All this is meant to do is have countries produce some unique strong or weak fighters in a particular discipline.

EDIT: This feature is complete but has been re-done a bit for easier implementation.

All of the previous entries in this thread are still going to be completed as well but just need to bring on the proper programmer to help us get it going.

#464465 - 03/12/17 08:41 PM Re: The Future of MMArmy [Re: ChiefBD]
ChiefBD Administrator

1. Flyweight Division - COMPLETED

Sometime over the next few months the last male division will be added and when this is added there will be a difference for how each weight class operates. KO's will be more rare the lower you go division wise on average to mirror reality.

You'll still potentially be able to have a knockout artist at 125lbs but it will be a little more rare than it would be at 265lbs.

#476908 - 11/09/17 10:35 AM Re: The Future of MMArmy [Re: ChiefBD]
ChiefBD Administrator

Here's a list of the things i have gone over with the coder in recent weeks.

1. Technique / Move list

Work has already begun on creating every technique / move that has ever happened in a fight to be put in the game and given values and associations to disciplines. I hope to create triggers for every sentence in the game that carries a technique from the list and give results that affect a fighter's overall damage as well as how effective the move is for the fighter and using that to be included in the fight function that helps decide winners and losers of a fight.

You will be able to train up each fighter individually with individual move ratings as well as camp wide training of individual moves and also just have a dummy template for the game to auto level up. This might change as we create it but as of now this is the plan.

2. Fighter Career Damage

Part of the effect from the techniques and fighter's attributes will result in (with a lil randomness) the damage taken from the fight and this damage will add up throughout the fighter's career. Too much damage will result in an early retirement or some time needed to be taken off. Each fighter will have a damage rating for each of their body parts and the move list / technique will have a unique relationship with each body part with some random elements involved.

3. Injuries

These were inevitable.

I'll have a disgusting amount of potential injuries put in and will be decided based on the injury hidden combined with the current damage of a fighter as well as the effectiveness and power of opponent along with a sprinkle of random. There will be career ending injuries.

Fighters will potentially have shorter and longer careers after these are put in.

4. Performance Enhancing Drugs

You will find these in a new section of the shop and will be used to help fighters increase their stats in certain ways. Still up in the air in how testing will go but likely will have different rules for each org while users can also pay to test their own fighter for show and pop boost as well as testing their opponents.

Getting busted will put an asterisk on a fighter's previous record and it will have that fighter take a pop hit. More on this will be added later.

5. Auction House - COMPLETED

This has already begun construction and it will be a page that you can scroll from side to side and view unattached fighters that you can purchase and bring into your camp. There will be a finite amount of information available for each fighter as well as the rare Special Recruits that cost more. If fighters are not purchased within a time period they will delete forever and a new batch will appear.

5. Randomly Generating Tournaments

For starters this will be just for tournaments. The game will produce unique tournaments each day for users to fill up and compete in. If they are not full by a certain time then they will delete. This will evolve to some other things eventually.

All of the previous entries in this thread are still going to be completed,

- Magazine will happen after re-code which will be completed mid-next year.

- Legend Org is finished but needs to be cleaned up and operate with a more professional user friendly process.

- Female Fighters are done but just need images added to shop then it will go live.

- Separated Orgs need pbp made and code made.

- Camp Fees / Fighter Personalities and Sponsorships are coming before the re-code.

Who's Online
3 Registered (BlimBlapZing, DrinkDrankCrunk, Grapple420), 85 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod