Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#455328 - 10/24/16 05:39 PM Answer The Question Of The Person Above You
The Captain

Loc: California
Here's a game I see on just about every other forum in the world but have never seen here. So lets give it a try. Basically, all you have to do is answer the question that the previous person asked, and then leave a question for the next person to ask.

QUICK RULES:

- No repeating the question you were asked
- You must wait for at least 5 people to go before you can go again. (This might be made more or less depending on how things go)
- Ask whatever, but maybe try not ask anything so rude or obnoxious that no one will answer and hold up the game.
- Feel free to go into as much or as little detail as you want with your answer.

For Example, to start things off nice and simple... The Hypothetical person above me might have asked the question: How old are you? To which I would respond: 28

Then I would ask: Where are you from? And the next persons answer would be.......

Edited by The Captain (10/26/16 01:23 PM)

**Most Improved Player of 2015**
**Coach of the Year of 2016**
**Most Entertaining Poster of 2016, and 2018**
**Best Event of 2016: Basebrawl**
**UFC Prediction King of 2016**

#455330 - 10/24/16 05:49 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: The Captain]
ATTBoxer

Loc: Florida
Born in Miami. Currently reside near Ft Lauderdale

What bones have you broken, if any?

#455333 - 10/24/16 06:04 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: ATTBoxer]
Hector

Zero broken bones, but recently one of my knees been hurting. Figure its cause i sleep on my side and also cause i havent worked out in like almost two months because of school.

So basically been inactive and with poor sleeping. My body is breaking down.

Anyway, where did you hear about MMArmy the game from? Forum, google, etc.?

TTT men are going to play for TTT.
SPEED KILLZ! FUCK GROUND! SOVIET!!!!!!!!
Best Selling MMArmy Author of "Speed Killz: The Philosophy behind Perfect 8pts"

#455337 - 10/24/16 06:30 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Hector]
Nephilim

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Google in April 2008.

What happened the last time you made a big miscalculation?

#455339 - 10/24/16 06:46 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Nephilim]
BiZ

I now own a Dance Studio that I dump money into and my wife spends what profit we make on shit from Amazon that just sits in the basement. And not the good type of dance studio with stripper poles or hot chicks in yoga pants, A kids dance studio. I now spend every waking hour either working or listening to my 3 little ones fight and yell with no end in sight. Pretty much a single dad without any hopes of a random hookup.

What's the worst random hookup you've ever had?

#455341 - 10/24/16 07:19 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: BiZ]
BlimBlapZing

I dated a chick who cheated on me with a coke dealer who wanted to cap my ass for the next 3 months. She told both of us there was noone else. Pretty sure I was there first, but from his perspective I"m just some white boy messing with his girl. Eventually got it resolved through an intermediary but was a dicey few months.

What is the worst job you have ever worked at?
2014 most improved

Exploding heart technique -
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=101735

The Akuma
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=78847

Running with Scissors
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=103516

Bone Machine
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=103453

#455372 - 10/25/16 09:57 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: BlimBlapZing]
UngratefulDead

I worked at Blockbuster for a couple years, which was alright, but eventually I couldn't skate by without any responsibility any longer and had to take an assistant manager job at a different store. They had me work for six months on the previous position's pay-rate "while they processed things", then layed me off the day my raise took effect.

What was the neighborhood you grew up in like?

Edited by UngratefulDead (10/25/16 10:03 AM)

International Top Teams

#455429 - 10/26/16 12:56 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: UngratefulDead]
The Captain

Gonna lower the limit for re-posting to 5 people for now instead of 10. Hopefully some more people will join in later.

The last question was: What was the neighborhood you grew up in like?

UD, and I grew up together so I'll let someone else answer this question.

#455862 - 11/02/16 02:01 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: The Captain]
ATTBoxer

Pretty normal and boring. Was around a bunch of spoiled asses until I was 10 then moved to where I'm at now and everyone seemed pretty cool. No violence or anything like that

Did you play any sports in high school?

#455871 - 11/02/16 06:16 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: ATTBoxer]
The Captain

Before some GLORY BOY tries to regale us with how many touchdowns they got in their senior year I will be boring and answer NO I played zero sports in high school.

The coach of the football team always wanted me to come play because I was a big guy, but I knew what was up... They wanted to stick me on the offensive line and get my shit caved in to protect their actual good players by sacrificing my body, and I wasn't about to do that. Really you could say I was ahead of my time (or a puss, whatever)

I did however smoke weed and play DnD every week like it was a sport. What was the question again?.. Sorry I forgot what I was saying. Anyway this is my favorite Rush track man, this bass solo is killer *turns up the volume.

QUESTION: Would you rather every person you ever interacted with smelled like B.O. or had a voice like Gilbert Gottfried?

#455877 - 11/02/16 07:06 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: The Captain]
Nephilim

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Gilbert Gottfried > B.O.

What is your go-to alcoholic beverage?

#456273 - 11/09/16 04:09 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: The Captain]
Mr. Judo

Originally Posted By: The Captain
Before some GLORY BOY tries to regale us with how many touchdowns they got in their senior year I will be boring and answer NO I played zero sports in high school.

The coach of the football team always wanted me to come play because I was a big guy, but I knew what was up... They wanted to stick me on the offensive line and get my shit caved in to protect their actual good players by sacrificing my body, and I wasn't about to do that. Really you could say I was ahead of my time (or a puss, whatever)

I did however smoke weed and play DnD every week like it was a sport. What was the question again?.. Sorry I forgot what I was saying. Anyway this is my favorite Rush track man, this bass solo is killer *turns up the volume.

QUESTION: Would you rather every person you ever interacted with smelled like B.O. or had a voice like Gilbert Gottfried?
l

Well as a guy who broke his nose 5 times and can no longer smell that's easy. Let the world reek lol.

What is the most embarrassing moment of your life?

#456870 - 11/15/16 10:05 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Mr. Judo]
ATTBoxer

Hmm....there was a pretty traumatizing moment during field day in middle school. I played basketball a lot and had a reputation as a stingy defender since I couldn't handle the ball worth shit. There was this one kid who was really good and had handles and skill that a middle school kid absolutely should not have had. So me being a cocky shit that felt like he could shut down the whole world challenged him to make a basket on me. He accepted, and a pretty sizeable crowd gathered around to watch. After about 7 seconds of sizing me up he made a crossover move that I fell for and got my ankles broken. Like literally fell to the floor after he made a move. Everyone is going nuts and I try to get up and block a shot he decided to take while I was on the ground. Of course it goes in and I get J'd and everyone loses their shit at this point. I feel like a dumb ass and one kid comes up to me and says "he wants your house and all of your possessions" or something along those lines. A middle school kid. I will NEVER forget that and I think that fucked me up going into high school lol.

Another funny story was trying to tackle a fast kid playing JV football in high school and he made a move and I, of course, got my ankles broken again. Traumatizing. Fast forward a few more years and I literally get my ankle broken in an MMA class after trying it for the second time. 7 years of boxing and not one injury. I think those basketball and football experiences taught me subconsciously that speed kills so I think it helped me become a speedster when I boxed so I guess some good came out of it lol

Everyone's had a first crush. What happened with yours? Did he/she become a friend or did they not even acknowledge your existence?

#457220 - 11/17/16 07:09 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: ATTBoxer]
The Captain

I'm gonna break all my own rules now and go out of turn and not even answer the above question... but only because I think my most embarrassing story is VERY similar to ATT's

For our elementary school graduation field trip the entire 6th grade class (so I was 11 maybe just 12) went to Cal Skate a local roller skating rink (or floor or arena? whatever it's called) with an adjoining arcade. I had never skated before in my whole life, but neither had most of the kids there so there was no reason to feel self conscious. There would be much falling and laughing..

So I rented a pair of fruit boots and proceeded to skate alongside my friends in a continuous circle for hours on end, stopping occasionally to play race car arcade games or use the bathroom. I sucked just like everyone else at first, but I steadily improved throughout the day from hugging the wall, to going around a bit occasionally falling over, to being able to maintain my balance fairly consistently and not look like a complete ass.

By the end of the day I thought I was really getting the hang of it and I thought I was going pretty fast. It was announced that there were going to be a few games to end the day. The first one was a giant game of "Red Light, Green Light" that the whole school participated in. All that was required of this was straight line speed and the ability to stop which were skills I had mastered. I remember doing very well in this game and feeling pretty confident. Lastly was a "race" and I thought to myself "I'm going fast, I can do a couple laps without falling down now. I'm gonna try" So I wade out to the starting area and slowly start to realize..... not many people are participating in this.... In fact 95% of the students had evacuated the floor and were now leaning over the wall watching those that remained. I then looked around and noticed a few more troubling things... The dozen or so kids that remained were all the cool popular kids. (They had brought their own roller blades from home for GOD SAKE!! BLADES!!! They all had super cool striped roller blades and I had brown rented fruit boots with a rubber stopper) What's more I noticed that the event staff were laying out cones that we were expected to be maneuvering around. This was an entirely new dynamic that I was not in the least prepared for. I had mastered the art of slowly constantly turning left, but sharp turns?? Fuck no.

At this point the race was about to begin, and I was suddenly feeling out of my depth. I sized up the situation and came to the only logical conclusion.. Bail.. and so looking downtrodden and sad, staring at my own feet I proceeded to skate back towards one of the openings just before we were about to start. I then did something I hadn't done for a couple hours. I fell down face first with the whole school watching me. I tried to regain my balance and my composure but all the times I had fallen before I had either been close to the wall or one of my friends to help me up. Now dead in the center of the floor I tried to get up and scrambled forward about 10 feet before falling down again. I don't know how far away from the opening I was at this point (In my adult mind it's roughly a mile) but as a kid I decided that I was not going to be able to get up and I decided that the best course of action was to crawl on my hands and rented knee-pads the remaining distance. All this again, with the entire school watching and laughing at me.

Anyway... the question was:
Originally Posted By: ATTBoxer
Everyone's had a first crush. What happened with yours? Did he/she become a friend or did they not even acknowledge your existence?

Edited by The Captain (11/17/16 07:10 PM)

#458647 - 12/02/16 11:56 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: The Captain]
ATTBoxer

My goodness you guys are shy

#458693 - 12/02/16 05:56 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: ATTBoxer]
ChiefBD Administrator

Loc: PA
My goodness you guys are shy

My first crush was this rich bitch in pre kintergarten. We played GI Joes and Barbies and she played with some other boy's GI Joe the next day so i learned women were whores early. We don't talk anymore and i hope she's dead.

What is your favorite memory of childhood? (Too lazy to see if that is a repeat question)

#461284 - 01/15/17 06:05 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: ChiefBD]
ATTBoxer

Favorite memory...that's tough. Childhood was pretty damn good. I guess one that stands out is finally beating the champ on Pokemon gold for the first time while my brother was watching and we both went nuts cuz Lance was a tough mother fucker lol. Little did we know we still had work to do...

If you were to teach your kid ONE martial art, excluding MMA, for means of self defense, which art would you choose for him or her?

Edited by ATTBoxer (01/15/17 06:06 PM)

#461288 - 01/15/17 06:32 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: ATTBoxer]
The Captain

Oooh... I would chose Jiu Jitsu. I don't know if that's even the best answer as far as most effective MA, but I had a lot of fun doing it, and if nothing else I would want my theoretical son to do it so I had something to bond with him over.

What was your favorite Christmas present this year?

#461299 - 01/15/17 09:43 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: The Captain]
Ro

Loc: FreeLancer
My favorite Xmas present was from myself I converted all my standard lights on my truck to led new housings and what not..

If you could be a animal for a day what would it be?

Edited by Ro (01/15/17 09:43 PM)

Team Ro

#461304 - 01/16/17 12:01 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Ro]
Matty

An English pigeon, not only do you get to eat all day and get fat, but also throw in the awesome fact you can fly plus shit all over people, literally!

Who's your in game fighter that you had so much hope for and failed you, and you could bring them back for another stint to make amends

#461592 - 01/22/17 12:12 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Matty]
DrinkDrankCrunk

This game is cool by the way.

My first SR was a real let down. He was allright, but his chin held him back majorly so no second chance for him. I had a guy or two way back in the day that were big HWs, who back then didn't always make 265. One of those guys would be the one I think deserved another chance. It really fucked up his momentum and cost him title shots. Also, RIP to all the fighters that never lived up to their potential because I was neglecting my camps. Sorry!

Twofold Question - Favorite live sports moment? Favorite live MMA moment?

#461596 - 01/22/17 08:15 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
ATTBoxer

Favorite live sports moment was going to a Miami Heat Playoff game last year and seeing them win the series against the Hornets in a game 7 elimination game. The crowd was nuts the whole time and the environment was great. The Heat won comfortably too so it was fun pretty Munich the entire game

Favorite live MMA moment is easily seeing Robbie Lawler KO Melvin Manhoef live in Strikeforce after getting his legs chopped away for the majority of the first round. Everyone was on their feet. Wish more major MMA promotions would come to South Florida. There's a good market

I'd like to know a horror story you have of the first time meeting someone. Whether it was a first date or seeing a friend for the first time. What happened that made it horrific/awkward?

#463427 - 02/28/17 11:19 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: ATTBoxer]
ATTBoxer

Any of the newer guys not shy?

#465436 - 03/23/17 06:06 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: ATTBoxer]
The Captain

I'd like to know a horror story you have of the first time meeting someone. Whether it was a first date or seeing a friend for the first time. What happened that made it horrific/awkward?

I think it's pretty well established that UD and I are friends IRL yeah? We've known each other for almost 15 years since JR. High. We had a mutual friend but were in different circles. First time we interacted I heard he said some shit about me and I confronted him and pushed him backward into a wall on the outside of school. His head bounced off a window and cracked it. It was not something major that was said. I was kind of a dick.

What's the last book you read? Do any of you fucks even read?

#465437 - 03/23/17 06:42 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: The Captain]
Varis

It's been a while since I read a book but the last book I actually remember reading was a while ago I read the hunger games series so it was Mockingjay good series.

What is your favorite movie?

#465449 - 03/23/17 08:45 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Varis]
ChiefBD Administrator

My favorite movie is Point Break and if i ever meet anyone associated with the re-make i will throw acid in their faces.

So in that vein what is the most heroic act you've committed in your life?

#465555 - 03/26/17 01:34 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: ChiefBD]
ATTBoxer

Most heroic...I mean I revived a dude as a student Respiratory Therapist when I was in school during a code. He probably died later on though lol. I donate blood a lot too and I have O negative which anyone can use so hopefully that helped people out that needed it. Besides that no action movie scenes that I can think of for me personally smile

If you had the opportunity to meet anyone that's ever been on this Earth, past or present, who would it be and why? Could be a celebrity, relative, whatever

#466218 - 04/06/17 08:00 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: ATTBoxer]
ATTBoxer

C'mon shy guys. This is one of my favorite threads and I'll be damned if I let it die. I can't be the only one who is an open book.

#466337 - 04/10/17 08:56 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: ATTBoxer]
Randall

Galileo, the true OG of physics. Dude is the reason why Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein are even famous, I personally consider him the godfather of science.

Why? Smart as hell, would shoot the shit over some beers and talk physics and astronomy all day. Plus I want to see the telescope he built.. kinda weird but building stuff fascinates me lol.

Have you had surgery? What kind of surgery was it?

#466338 - 04/10/17 09:03 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Randall]
Judas

Aesop Rock
I would like to sit in a room and talk everything from cartoons
To music or the cosmos and the ocean with him.
He has one of the most unique minds of our time and has a seemingly
Wide array of topics that he is knowledgeable about.
I am only getting this impression from his music but I'm sure it would be true.

#466340 - 04/10/17 09:16 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Randall]
The Captain

Oh yeah... I have this small problem and my insides are all fucked up.

One day when I was 18 I suddenly stopped being able to like.... eat. It was a bit of a problem. I couldn't keep anything down at all (NOT EVEN WATER!!) and I had to be admitted to the hospital for dehydration.

Cut to one month and 100 tests later they couldn't find out what the hell was wrong with me and they ended up going with full-on open exploratory surgery where they eventually discovered that my organs were all out of whack. Turns out growing up that way caused scar tissue bands or something to form and obstruct my digestive system until one day shit just couldn't get through anymore. (Previous to that I had always been kinda puky so it's not like it just went *shazaam* and happened all at once) They fixed it (and also took out my apendix because they were like, "yeah it's in the wrong spot and if you ever had to have emergency appendicitis and came in with pain where your actual appendix was they wouldn't know what to do with you")

So yeah, I was in the hospital for a month and did not eat or drink. Lived for 30 days off of intravaneous fluids and lipids and shit. lost like 40 lbs!

TLDR; Yes, I have a massive scar down my center from between my nips to my belly button.

Question: What's the most ridiculous thing you've ever done while drunk or tripping?

#466344 - 04/11/17 12:23 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: The Captain]
Varis

Well to explain the end result i have to give back story.

My uncle asked me to go drinking at a local bar thats about 8-10 blocks away from my house. I hadn't eaten much that day. I walked over there so i wouldn't have to drive. We sit down and and in about an hour or two drink 4 pitchers of stella between the two of us. Im pretty fucked up i manage to stumble back to my house. When i reach my door i black out and at 2 am im woken up and shoved in the shower. Apperently i was sitting buck ass naked on my love seat which is positioned right in front of the door which is open holding my junk passed out.

What is your favorite moment you had from this game?

#466357 - 04/11/17 11:13 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Varis]
Outlaw2187

Watching Zenex getting repeatedly banned for being a cocksmith.

whats the worst thing you've done in a relationship?

#466460 - 04/14/17 01:23 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Outlaw2187]
ATTBoxer

Never really did anything bad in a relationship. I ghsss being too rigid in my last one? My girlfriend was rigid too so it's a wonder how two headstrong people stayed together for so long lol. Guess I had to compromise more. But no cheating or Jerry springer drama from me

What is the most unusual thing you've ever eaten?

#466472 - 04/14/17 11:54 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: ATTBoxer]
DrinkDrankCrunk

Ate a centipede on a dare when I was a kid

Whats your biggest regret in life?

Edited by DrinkDrankCrunk (04/14/17 11:55 PM)
Edit Reason: Haha. Typo. It said on a date, not dare. Thatd have been smooth

#466786 - 04/26/17 09:40 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
Ironhead

Loc: Colorado
Wasting so many opportunities that were presented to me that if I had taken would change my life for the better.

What is the biggest accomplishment you've had in your adult life?

#468265 - 06/09/17 05:46 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Ironhead]
The Captain

Originally Posted By: Ironhead
What is the biggest accomplishment you've had in your adult life?

That this thread went months without being answered after this question shows what sad sacks we all are. lol.

For me it was going back to school after quitting a job I hate and getting an occupational skills certificate. (which is a bunch of bullshit really, but what it does is for jobs I apply for, it stands in place for "experience" so I just wave this certificate in their face and say "Here's my exp!!"

What is your one signature meal you can cook if put on the spot? Like it's date night, or you're inviting over your boss and want to ask for a raise.. what's your go-to dish?

Edited by The Captain (06/11/17 09:32 AM)

#485114 - 04/27/18 08:12 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: The Captain]
Drifter

Loc: MN, USA
Shredded chicken tacos with salsa fresca and baked yellow corn chips.

If every time you turned on the TV you could only watch one show, what would it be?

MMArvels

#490230 - 09/10/18 03:37 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Drifter]
ATTBoxer

If I had to choose probably Simpsons. Ive only seen one episode that I remember so it wouldnt get boring (fittingly enough its the one Homer becomes a Boxer since he has a crazy good chin)

How have you changed in the past 10 years for better or worse?

#490240 - 09/10/18 04:41 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: ATTBoxer]
BlimBlapZing

Thread bumped and is dope, let's see...

How have I changed in the last 10 years for better or worse? That's a big question. Right about 10 years ago I was living in a city filled with industrial waste in the worst ghetto in town with a wife and a 3 year old, poor as shit.
Working a tech job from home for peanuts cause that was the great recession, nobody was making money.

The city was an industrial wasteland, as it remains to this day. National Geographic did a show about how terrible the water is from all the chemical dumping. I knew more people with cancer than without and still do. I have seen more babies with birth defects than I can count on two hands. I knew I would get cancer if I lived past 45 and I still know this. I knew wife would get cancer one day. One day my son would get cancer. It was stupid to have a child anyway, we were lucky he looked normal. My grandfather was a lion of a man who lied about his age so he could kick nazi ass in WW2 at 16, a boxing and wrestling champion who would back down from nothing, who walked around with a broken hand for a month because he did not want to go to the doctor and the poison water cancer broke him into a sobbing child at the end. So it goes.

The only escape came at $5 a hit. Everyone I knew were junkies, people with great needs, small dreams, and no hope to achieve them. This was my home. I was one of them. Prepared to haze away in my little pattern until I died, a shitty father and a shitty person leaving no mark on the world and just trying to dull the ache of living long enough to die without making too much of a fuss. One night about that time we woke up in the wee hours of the morning to a loud bump downstairs.

I went down to check it out and found the front door hanging open. A dude lumbered down the dark hallway toward me. A big dude who I did not know. I talked with him a bit, he acted confused, said he thought it was his uncles house. I realized he had broken in, saw he had been rooting through the living room for valuables. Based on my experience around junkies I concluded this guy is most likely on a big dose of xanex, approximately 15 bars. But he was standing and not nodding off, he could still fight if he wanted to and this dude outweighed me by 100 lbs easy. There was a wooden railing on the staircase that I could pop out about that was about the size and weight of a baseball bat. I inched my way toward it, hoping my 3 year old would not wake up and blunder into this interaction. I would probably still lose a fight but it would buy time. I was keeping out of arms reach, if he got ahold of me it was all over. Had my hand on the railings but could not seem to find the loose one as I talked. Kept him focused on me, kept eye contact so he wouldn't notice the other people in the house, so they wouldn't notice him. Eventually my wife appeared at the top of the stairs and asked if we could call anyone for him, and I think he decided he could not get through me in time to stop her call, and big dude asked for a blanket so he could go sleep it off. We gave him a blanket, sighed with relief as the front door close but we found the lock broken.

Big dude went next door and kicked in the door of the gas station there. We called the police. Big dude left about 60 seconds before they got there with the blanket tied around his neck like a superman cape. The police arrived, we told them which way he went and that he had a damn green blanket tied around him like a superman cape. They caught him. We went to court, he took a plea deal for drug treatment, and I got 10 bucks for appearing as a witness.

But that seemed to change me a bit. We got lucky. It is not a good feeling, the feeling you couldn't protect your family in a situation if things turned violent. You watch your door locks more closely from then on, you investigate sounds more. I had watched a lot of boxing and wrestling before that, but that is what got me to look into MMA. What works in unarmed combat? What works in armed? What hope does a skinny guy like me have? We got a gun, I studied and prepared to not be in that situation again. I watched UFC 1 and fell in love with the sport.

From then on things turned around a bit. In a way it was a wakeup call. Noone is going to do shit for you. Noone is going to protect you. Through most of your life you can rely on noone but yourself, so you had better be sure of who you are.
Of who you are going to be. You don't have to give up. If you are determined enough you can do god damn anything. Studied, got a better job. Now I have moved out of the poison city and am making more money. Now I am always looking for what I can improve about myself, about the world around me. I have a long way to go, but now I am motivated to try and get there, to no longer be a victim of my surroundings and myself.

So....on a lighter note, who is your favorite mmarmy fighter, your own or someone elses and why?
2014 most improved

The Akuma

Running with Scissors

Bone Machine

#490250 - 09/10/18 08:43 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: BlimBlapZing]
The Captain

Originally Posted By: BlimBlapZing

Blim's whole story...

Think I remember you telling that story a few years back debating with Jbear about Gun Ownership. Think you would have been totally justified to have used one in that instance, but instead you diffused the situation (and were VERY LUCKY) and nobody had to die.

Also looking back on this thread....

Originally Posted By: Captain
For me it was going back to school after quitting a job I hate and getting an occupational skills certificate. (which is a bunch of bullshit really, but what it does is for jobs I apply for, it stands in place for "experience" so I just wave this certificate in their face and say "Here's my exp!!"

It WAS a bunch of bullshit. I bailed on that shit with 6 credits to go because I hated it, and now I cook delicious food for ungrateful old people.

BLIM's QUESTION: So....on a lighter note, who is your favorite mmarmy fighter, your own or someone elses and why?

Edited by The Captain (09/10/18 08:59 PM)

#490255 - 09/10/18 10:06 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: The Captain]
DrinkDrankCrunk

Not trying to be narcissistic, but got to go with my guy Fransico "All Violence Team" Barbosa. Not my best guy ever, but every fight was a fucking explosion waiting to happen. So many crazy finishes (including him suffering some). The variety of submissions and KOs was amazing. I was really amped every reset to get his fights in. Rocked out at first in legends circuit, and won an incredibly epic KOK 3 Tourney besting the all time legend Skip Lange in the Finals. Sadly got nerfed by build changes, but still my all time favorite.

What is your favorite/most memorable sports moment of your life?

#490257 - 09/10/18 10:46 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
Wankrupt

There's been a few moments with basketball since it's what I watch the most but sticking with the mma theme it would have to be when Silva sub'd Sonnen. The build up to that fight got me hyped (especially since I was very young) and I watched it with some close friends on a vacation at a resort. The people I was with were just casual fans so I was hyping up Silva as a god to them and was utterly disappointed as he continually got his ass whooped the whole fight. Still clinging onto hope, when I saw the triangle attempt and then Sonnen tapping, I just died laughing at wtf just happened and proclaiming to my friends as to why Silva is the goat. Truly was an unbelievable moment, I talked about that shit for like a year lol

Have you ever been KTFO? What happened? How did it feel before, during and after?

#490394 - 09/14/18 03:31 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Wankrupt]
ATTBoxer

Knocked down but never out

Hindsight is always 20/20 (looking back its still a bit fuzzy). Whats a bad decision you made that you would go back on if you had the chance?

#495764 - 01/24/19 09:02 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: ATTBoxer]
The Captain

Whats a bad decision you made that you would go back on if you had the chance?

I quit a job I hated went to another job I had lined up. I don't regret quitting my shitty job, but the new position I had lined up was not official, and they were going to pay me under the table. I was ASSURED that I was in like Flynn for a 40-hour a week job. My best friend (UngratefulDead for those that know) worked there at the time, so I was feeling good about it.

Yeah... Turns out the lady that ran the place was a nasty old bitch that lied to us both and told me not to come back after working there for 4 days after my last day at the old job. I became Jobless, depressed, and poor and had to move back in with my folks and completely start my life over. Although... I did win MMARMY COACH OF THE YEAR that year I was pathetic and unempolyed so there's that. Every time I feel like I'm doing poorly at this game, I just relax and think about how I was once very good at it, but my life overall was not as good and suddenly I'm content with sucking a bit at MMArmy.

Things are good now. I got gas in the tank, money in the bank, and I work doing something that I enjoy. I learned though... Don't ever accept a salaried position or an under the table position. You will either be a slave, or have no assurance that you'll be able to pay your next set of bills. So I don't actually know if I would undo any of it because I'm happy with where I'm at now, and that's all part of my journey, but I certainly learned my lesson.

Addendum:
Click to reveal..
Oh yeah.. I was gonna get back at that whore that let me go unemployed but then a couple months later she went out of business, and I later found out she died of some crazy old-timey disease that people don't get anymore. I don't recall exactly but it was like Polio or Typhoid Fever or some shit you can get in Oregon Trail. Old Bitch Died of Dysentary.

What's in your fridge right now?

Edited by The Captain (01/24/19 09:27 PM)

#495778 - 01/25/19 11:35 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: The Captain]
Pepster

What's in your fridge right now?

Right now I've got a 12 pack of Mountain Dew and 12 pack of Cherry Pepsi. Yeah Soda is terrible for you and I don't give a dam!

I've got this Chipotle Mayo that's actually really good. After working at Subway for 7 years during High School and College I developed a love of Chipotle Southwest Sauce. Only problem is there is no store equivalent to the stuff that I can find. The current one Mr. Kensington's Chipotle Mayo is the closest I have found to the sweet sweet nectar of Chipotle Southwest at Subway.

There's a lot of lunch meat right now because my wife has developed some weird stomach bug in the last month. She's been to the doctors constantly and has no health insurance so I'm getting more sick thinking about it lol. But anyway she can apparently eat lunch meat without any pain, so we have a lot of it.

Oranges were on sale this week so I got a big ass bag of those. They are really freaking sour and struggle to eat one each morning. But I paid for them so I'm gonna eat them dammit.

We've got some grapes and apples too. More "stomach friendly food"

Oh and some greek yogurt. Again stomach thing.

Whole Milk because I learned a few years back all the positives of milk comes from the fat so go big or go home. Also have REAL butter. Unsalted. Same reasoning.

There's some unidentified leftovers that I will no doubt throw away eventually.

What's your favorite way to smoke marijuana? Glass? Blunt?
Bong? Vape? Other?

Edited by Pepster (01/25/19 11:35 AM)

#497124 - 02/24/19 01:10 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Pepster]
ATTBoxer

Gonna keep this moving. Something interesting about me is that I have never smoked weed even once. No desire for it.

Are you happy with yourself? Why or why not?

#497227 - 02/26/19 06:14 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: ATTBoxer]
Spidey

Loc: Ohio
Gonna keep this moving. Something interesting about me is that I have never smoked weed even once. No desire for it.

Are you happy with yourself? Why or why not?

I'm pretty happy with myself.I have a beautiful family,a job,a roof over our head with the ability to pay all my bills.

What movie have you watched before,and still kinda tear up every time you see it?

#497278 - 02/27/19 07:21 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Spidey]
The Captain

Hotaru No Haka (Grave of the Fireflies) - Holy shit. So sad. Although I can't say for sure if I'd cry watching it again because that shit is so sad, I would never watch it again.
Click to reveal..
The MC's entire village get's bombed to shit. His mother dies of burn trauma so terrible that her entire body is bandaged up like a mummy. The two surviving kids live in a cave until the youngest daughter dies of malnutrition. Older brother cremates her body and carries around the ashes in a fruit jar with a picture of their dead father who died in the war until HE dies of malnutrition. End movie

Any Disney Pixar movie which are DESIGNED to take you as an emotional hostage, and force you to watch cute little characters reconcile with things like: Cancer, Infertility, Death of loved ones, Thoughts of suicide, Global Destruction.

The Green Mile - Don't make me watch Michael Clark Duncan cry... What? He won't wear the hood because he's scared of the dark!!?? Jesus!!

What's something random and completely superfluous that you just impulse purchased for yourself? Whether you just decided to walk into a store while window shopping and bought it, or were cruising around Amazon and decided "I must have this!"

Edited by The Captain (02/27/19 07:22 AM)

#497280 - 02/27/19 07:44 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: The Captain]
BlimBlapZing

What's something random and completely superfluous that you just impulse purchased for yourself? Whether you just decided to walk into a store while window shopping and bought it, or were cruising around Amazon and decided "I must have this!"

One of these -
Sonoran Spice Company superhot pepper flakes - Hot af and I put these on everything now - https://www.amazon.com/Sonoran-Spice-Carolina-Trinidad-Scorpion/dp/B018BBVT40/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?crid=2J1AZ0R5IBYFG&keywords=sonoran+spice+company&qid=1551281928&s=gateway&sprefix=sonoran+spice%2Caps%2C399&sr=8-4-spons&psc=1

Or
a muthafuckin rubber band gun -
https://www.amazon.com/Rubber-Band-Gun-iSottcom-Shooting/dp/B07D2G4BVL/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=rubber+band+gun&qid=1551281987&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

Or Axis and Allies Anniversery edition. Mega game but probably never get anyone to play through it with me - https://www.amazon.com/Avalon-Hill-Allies-Anniversary-Strategy/dp/B0734BWNV9/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=axis+and+allies&qid=1551282120&s=gateway&sr=8-1

What toppings do you like on pizza?
2014 most improved

The Akuma

Running with Scissors

Bone Machine

#497282 - 02/27/19 08:27 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: BlimBlapZing]
Spidey

Loc: Ohio
Meat meat and more meat!

What is the biggest prank you have ever pulled on a family member?

#497286 - 02/27/19 11:50 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Spidey]
Pepster

I'm the youngest of 3 brothers so I got the pranks. One that I can still vividly remember, they convinced me I broke the refrigerator. As soon as I opened it my brother held his toe against the mechanism that turns the light on. So I held it open starring into the darkness with my brother yelling ALEX YOU BROKE THE FRIDGE!! I was convinced my parents were gonna kill me for about 10 minutes until I figure it out. I then used this trick on some of my friends for some laughs of my own.

How did you become a fan of your favorite sports team?

#497311 - 02/28/19 10:09 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Pepster]
Tone

My Grandfaher used to live in the Bay Area and was a big fan of John Madden and the Raiders around that time. I grew up watching spending a lot of time with him and watching sports and began to love The Raiders. Been rooting for them saw them lose a super bowl and went through high school with them being terrible while being in a rival town. Always be a fan.

For Hockey it goes back to Wayne Gretzky 3D hockey. Always picked LA Kings. Watched them for years went to a my first game at staple center in 08 and the love has continued.

What is your favorite concert/event/festival that youve been to and which is on your bucket list to go to?

#497313 - 02/28/19 10:20 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Tone]
The Captain

Rock the Bells 2007. Wherein a 19 year old Captain went to go see one of his favorite bands, Rage Against The Machine, but came away with a newfound love for hiphop after digging the sound of Pharoe Monch, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Cypress Hil, the Roots, Common and many more. We were actually so tired that by the end of it we kind of left in the middle of RATM's set.

I've gone to about 50-60 comedy shows. Would be hard to choose a favorite from them all.

I would like to see Queens of the Stone Age again, saw them once at Red Rocks and it was a hoot.

Where is the farthest away from home you've ever been?

#497314 - 02/28/19 11:42 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: The Captain]
DrinkDrankCrunk

Nice show Captain. I saw Rage and a ton of other bands at Tibetan Freedom Concert and Woodstock 99.

Farthest I've been from home is Germany. Visited my dad as a kid when he was studying there. About 4500 miles from home.

Favorite book of all time?

Edited by Drinkdrankcrunk (02/28/19 11:42 AM)

#504614 - 08/15/20 06:59 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
ATTBoxer

Reviving this since the whole thread was a great read

I like Stephen King a lot. Misery is one of the best books I have ever read. That slow build up of how unhinged Anne is was a great read and seeing how stressed Paul is. The short stories 1408 and The Jaunt are really good too. 1408 short story was wayyyy more creepy than the movie. Recommend reading both of those short stories if you can find them online.

Who was your favorite pro wrestler growing up?

#504631 - 08/15/20 11:27 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: ATTBoxer]
DrinkDrankCrunk

Jake the Snake Roberts for sure. Loved the giant snakes he would bring to the ring! I wasnt a giant wrestling fan, had some toys and video games and watched every now and again. I remember very vividly watching Jake get his ass kicked by Earthquake i think it was. Earthquake twisted him up in the ropes and was hitting the ropes and just devastated the snake man. damn. intense shit.

who was/is your worst enemy?

#504973 - 08/27/20 12:39 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
Picograms95

Loc: Germany
That one dude from my A-Levels who kept bullying me for being friends with russians and being a skinny ass dude. He was the reason I got into Judo and took a couple of boxing lessons. Never got physical between us and I hold no ill will against him, I know how I was a kiddo. We all looked for a vent, and quite frankly I am happy I got into MMA partly due to him being a jerk. "half a shirt" is a common saying in germany and I am tall and have a fast metabolism. 1.95m and something above 65 kg, or 6'4 and 145-150lbs

If you were able to go to any fight (even back in time) and sit ring side, which fight would it be?

#505045 - 08/28/20 11:20 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Picograms95]
Ironhead

Loc: Colorado
Pride Final Conflict 2005. Fedor vs Cro Cop

Do you feel the Great Filter is ahead of us or behind us?

#505049 - 08/28/20 01:11 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Ironhead]
BlimBlapZing

Got to be ahead, we still could go far, become like that star trek society but lot of things could take humanity out first. Biggest challenges to the whole human race and space travel seem to be still ahead.

Easy one - who is your favorite fighter and why?
2014 most improved

The Akuma

Running with Scissors

Bone Machine

#509160 - 03/04/21 08:00 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: BlimBlapZing]
The Captain

Originally Posted By: BlimBlapZing
Easy one - who is your favorite fighter and why?

Right this very second: Rafael Fiziev (He'll matrix dodge you and murder you)

Historic: Uriah Faber

Fabers probably my fave because I've seen him fight live (confirmed super-midget). I'll never not mark for "California Love".

The real reason though is because probably one of the best laughs of my life came watching Episode 8 of TUF LIVE where this happened..

Quote:
Cut to a Faber training session, and the original Alpha Male decides to make Cruzs dressing room his workout area. He and the coaches clear out the furniture and turn it into the worlds smallest 24Hour Fitness, pumping away in a frenzy of circuit training and ball work and pushups. Oh yeah, and in their underwear. Faber hopes a little piece (or smell) of him will be forever stuck on Cruz, who just shakes his head in disgust when he discovers the mildly homoerotic scene.

Thankfully for you all, couldn't find a .gif of it. This HAD to be the most damaging prank on the history of the show. That would stick with you so much longer than having some water dumped on you or whatever.

What's a show that you would like to see brought back? or restored or rebooted? Extra points if it's something that seemingly only you would want.

#509174 - 03/04/21 02:48 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: The Captain]
Migrantworkers

Loc: DBA compound

Migrantworkers

#509175 - 03/04/21 02:48 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Migrantworkers]
Migrantworkers

God dammit

I fucking hate this forum

Migrantworkers

#509183 - 03/04/21 11:58 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Migrantworkers]
Matty

Originally Posted By: Migrantworkers
I would love to see a few

24 with Jack Bauer designated survivor was good but not 24

Justified

The Punisher needs to return

Same with Daredevil

Would like to see a version of MASH made obviously we dont have a current war so they would have to use the Middle East loved that show

If you have had COVID I currently do what kind of thoughts went through your mind as you waited to see what symptoms you got or how your symptoms progressed

#509184 - 03/05/21 03:43 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Matty]
BiZ

Originally Posted By: Matty
Originally Posted By: Migrantworkers
I would love to see a few

24 with Jack Bauer designated survivor was good but not 24

Justified

The Punisher needs to return

Same with Daredevil

Would like to see a version of MASH made obviously we dont have a current war so they would have to use the Middle East loved that show

If you have had COVID I currently do what kind of thoughts went through your mind as you waited to see what symptoms you got or how your symptoms progressed

I had it in early December. I thought I was just getting a head cold as my head felt funny and I lost my sense of smell. After a few days I could tell it was more as I didnt have any drainage or the typical head cold symptoms. My wife called me at work(I work in an office by myself) and said she was taking my 7yo son to get rapid tested as he had a fever, body aches, and was lethargic. With COVID, theres no one medicine you take to help everything so we gave him Childrens Tylenol after testing positive. Thankfully after that first day all of his symptoms went away. I wasnt really worried about my own symptoms as I dont smoke, in decent shape, and Im 34 so shouldnt have anything to worry about. I was dumb and figured Id stop caffeine intake while I was off work so I ended up lethargic, headaches, and a sore back for a week but that could have been caused by either or both. Good luck to you Mig!

Needing something new to listen to so...Whats your past and current favorite music artist?

#509192 - 03/05/21 08:21 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: BiZ]
The Captain

Someone else should answer BiZ's question since I'm just a troglodyte that listens to podcasts and FM radio.

Just wanted to chime in now that I see Mig's answer... I loved Justified and forgot that it even existed. I'm delighted to see Timothy Olyphant in anything now.

CURRENT QUESTION: Needing something new to listen to so...Whats your past and current favorite music artist?

#510091 - 04/22/21 11:52 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: The Captain]
GunnerJordan

Loc: USA
Appalachian country music like Tyler Childers and Colter Wall. Question answered.

#510097 - 04/22/21 05:29 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: GunnerJordan]
Migrantworkers

Originally Posted By: GunnerJordan
Appalachian country music like Tyler Childers and Colter Wall. Question answered.

Leave a question for the next person

Migrantworkers

#510099 - 04/23/21 08:37 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Migrantworkers]
GunnerJordan

Loc: USA
Is Elon Musk a forward thinker in his pursuit for understanding the eternal human question of "why", or will this open a pandoras box of interstellar species that would use us like cattle for food?

#510103 - 04/23/21 04:45 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: GunnerJordan]
Migrantworkers

Originally Posted By: GunnerJordan
Is Elon Musk a forward thinker in his pursuit for understanding the eternal human question of "why", or will this open a pandoras box of interstellar species that would use us like cattle for food?

If there are species of higher intelligence out there then they can certainly reach Mars and Earth

I think he is just testing the limits of why not

What is your number one pet peeve while out in public and why should you just get over it?

Migrantworkers

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
1 Registered (Turbo), 132 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod