Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#466340 - 04/10/17 09:16 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Randall]
The Captain

Loc: California
Oh yeah... I have this small problem and my insides are all fucked up.

One day when I was 18 I suddenly stopped being able to like.... eat. It was a bit of a problem. I couldn't keep anything down at all (NOT EVEN WATER!!) and I had to be admitted to the hospital for dehydration.

Cut to one month and 100 tests later they couldn't find out what the hell was wrong with me and they ended up going with full-on open exploratory surgery where they eventually discovered that my organs were all out of whack. Turns out growing up that way caused scar tissue bands or something to form and obstruct my digestive system until one day shit just couldn't get through anymore. (Previous to that I had always been kinda puky so it's not like it just went *shazaam* and happened all at once) They fixed it (and also took out my apendix because they were like, "yeah it's in the wrong spot and if you ever had to have emergency appendicitis and came in with pain where your actual appendix was they wouldn't know what to do with you")

So yeah, I was in the hospital for a month and did not eat or drink. Lived for 30 days off of intravaneous fluids and lipids and shit. lost like 40 lbs!

TLDR; Yes, I have a massive scar down my center from between my nips to my belly button.

Question: What's the most ridiculous thing you've ever done while drunk or tripping?

**Most Improved Player of 2015**
**Coach of the Year of 2016**
**Most Entertaining Poster of 2016, and 2018**
**Best Event of 2016: Basebrawl**
**UFC Prediction King of 2016**

#466344 - 04/11/17 12:23 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: The Captain]
Varis

Well to explain the end result i have to give back story.

My uncle asked me to go drinking at a local bar thats about 8-10 blocks away from my house. I hadn't eaten much that day. I walked over there so i wouldn't have to drive. We sit down and and in about an hour or two drink 4 pitchers of stella between the two of us. Im pretty fucked up i manage to stumble back to my house. When i reach my door i black out and at 2 am im woken up and shoved in the shower. Apperently i was sitting buck ass naked on my love seat which is positioned right in front of the door which is open holding my junk passed out.

What is your favorite moment you had from this game?

#466357 - 04/11/17 11:13 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Varis]
Outlaw2187

Watching Zenex getting repeatedly banned for being a cocksmith.

whats the worst thing you've done in a relationship?

#466460 - 04/14/17 01:23 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Outlaw2187]
ATTBoxer

Loc: Florida
Never really did anything bad in a relationship. I ghsss being too rigid in my last one? My girlfriend was rigid too so it's a wonder how two headstrong people stayed together for so long lol. Guess I had to compromise more. But no cheating or Jerry springer drama from me

What is the most unusual thing you've ever eaten?

#466472 - 04/14/17 11:54 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: ATTBoxer]
DrinkDrankCrunk

Ate a centipede on a dare when I was a kid

Whats your biggest regret in life?

Edited by DrinkDrankCrunk (04/14/17 11:55 PM)
Edit Reason: Haha. Typo. It said on a date, not dare. Thatd have been smooth

#466786 - 04/26/17 09:40 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
Ironhead

Loc: Colorado
Wasting so many opportunities that were presented to me that if I had taken would change my life for the better.

What is the biggest accomplishment you've had in your adult life?

#468265 - 06/09/17 05:46 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Ironhead]
The Captain

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: Ironhead
What is the biggest accomplishment you've had in your adult life?

That this thread went months without being answered after this question shows what sad sacks we all are. lol.

For me it was going back to school after quitting a job I hate and getting an occupational skills certificate. (which is a bunch of bullshit really, but what it does is for jobs I apply for, it stands in place for "experience" so I just wave this certificate in their face and say "Here's my exp!!"

What is your one signature meal you can cook if put on the spot? Like it's date night, or you're inviting over your boss and want to ask for a raise.. what's your go-to dish?

Edited by The Captain (06/11/17 09:32 AM)

**Most Improved Player of 2015**
**Coach of the Year of 2016**
**Most Entertaining Poster of 2016, and 2018**
**Best Event of 2016: Basebrawl**
**UFC Prediction King of 2016**

#485114 - 04/27/18 08:12 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: The Captain]
Drifter

Loc: MN, USA
Shredded chicken tacos with salsa fresca and baked yellow corn chips.

If every time you turned on the TV you could only watch one show, what would it be?

MMArvels

#490230 - 09/10/18 03:37 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Drifter]
ATTBoxer

Loc: Florida
If I had to choose probably Simpsons. Ive only seen one episode that I remember so it wouldnt get boring (fittingly enough its the one Homer becomes a Boxer since he has a crazy good chin)

How have you changed in the past 10 years for better or worse?

#490240 - 09/10/18 04:41 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: ATTBoxer]
BlimBlapZing

Thread bumped and is dope, let's see...

How have I changed in the last 10 years for better or worse? That's a big question. Right about 10 years ago I was living in a city filled with industrial waste in the worst ghetto in town with a wife and a 3 year old, poor as shit.
Working a tech job from home for peanuts cause that was the great recession, nobody was making money.

The city was an industrial wasteland, as it remains to this day. National Geographic did a show about how terrible the water is from all the chemical dumping. I knew more people with cancer than without and still do. I have seen more babies with birth defects than I can count on two hands. I knew I would get cancer if I lived past 45 and I still know this. I knew wife would get cancer one day. One day my son would get cancer. It was stupid to have a child anyway, we were lucky he looked normal. My grandfather was a lion of a man who lied about his age so he could kick nazi ass in WW2 at 16, a boxing and wrestling champion who would back down from nothing, who walked around with a broken hand for a month because he did not want to go to the doctor and the poison water cancer broke him into a sobbing child at the end. So it goes.

The only escape came at $5 a hit. Everyone I knew were junkies, people with great needs, small dreams, and no hope to achieve them. This was my home. I was one of them. Prepared to haze away in my little pattern until I died, a shitty father and a shitty person leaving no mark on the world and just trying to dull the ache of living long enough to die without making too much of a fuss. One night about that time we woke up in the wee hours of the morning to a loud bump downstairs.

I went down to check it out and found the front door hanging open. A dude lumbered down the dark hallway toward me. A big dude who I did not know. I talked with him a bit, he acted confused, said he thought it was his uncles house. I realized he had broken in, saw he had been rooting through the living room for valuables. Based on my experience around junkies I concluded this guy is most likely on a big dose of xanex, approximately 15 bars. But he was standing and not nodding off, he could still fight if he wanted to and this dude outweighed me by 100 lbs easy. There was a wooden railing on the staircase that I could pop out about that was about the size and weight of a baseball bat. I inched my way toward it, hoping my 3 year old would not wake up and blunder into this interaction. I would probably still lose a fight but it would buy time. I was keeping out of arms reach, if he got ahold of me it was all over. Had my hand on the railings but could not seem to find the loose one as I talked. Kept him focused on me, kept eye contact so he wouldn't notice the other people in the house, so they wouldn't notice him. Eventually my wife appeared at the top of the stairs and asked if we could call anyone for him, and I think he decided he could not get through me in time to stop her call, and big dude asked for a blanket so he could go sleep it off. We gave him a blanket, sighed with relief as the front door close but we found the lock broken.

Big dude went next door and kicked in the door of the gas station there. We called the police. Big dude left about 60 seconds before they got there with the blanket tied around his neck like a superman cape. The police arrived, we told them which way he went and that he had a damn green blanket tied around him like a superman cape. They caught him. We went to court, he took a plea deal for drug treatment, and I got 10 bucks for appearing as a witness.

But that seemed to change me a bit. We got lucky. It is not a good feeling, the feeling you couldn't protect your family in a situation if things turned violent. You watch your door locks more closely from then on, you investigate sounds more. I had watched a lot of boxing and wrestling before that, but that is what got me to look into MMA. What works in unarmed combat? What works in armed? What hope does a skinny guy like me have? We got a gun, I studied and prepared to not be in that situation again. I watched UFC 1 and fell in love with the sport.

From then on things turned around a bit. In a way it was a wakeup call. Noone is going to do shit for you. Noone is going to protect you. Through most of your life you can rely on noone but yourself, so you had better be sure of who you are.
Of who you are going to be. You don't have to give up. If you are determined enough you can do god damn anything. Studied, got a better job. Now I have moved out of the poison city and am making more money. Now I am always looking for what I can improve about myself, about the world around me. I have a long way to go, but now I am motivated to try and get there, to no longer be a victim of my surroundings and myself.

So....on a lighter note, who is your favorite mmarmy fighter, your own or someone elses and why?
2014 most improved

Exploding heart technique -
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=101735

The Akuma
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=78847

Running with Scissors
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=103516

Bone Machine
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=103453

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
4 Registered (CatHerder, Mr. Judo, P4P #2 Cap N Crush, Simon), 88 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod