Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#494964 - 01/07/19 09:40 AM 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread
BlimBlapZing

Last thread went in as an announcement and locked for some reason. Trying again.

Has been some discussion in the SB about this possibility, wanted to post this thread to get people's input on this option, and I am sure Chief would review this as well. Chief would be able to make the game reset once per day instead of twice. All other items would remain the same. Fighters would live longer in real time, but would not be different from fighters from before the change in any other ways.

Not really a change that can be trialed, once it is in it is in. So this is something to consider carefully. Would it make you leave the game either way? I know people have left the game due to being busy with life things, this could help with those types of things.

Probably missing some in both categories, but here is a list from initial discussion -

Pros:
Time zones not as much of an issue
May be easier to defend belts
Might help with burnout only needing to fight and/or spar once per day.
Easier to get in fights and run a camp for people with strenuous work/school schedule.
Might fill up orgs more if some people open more camps for more fights.

Cons:
Less fights per day
(though option is there to open more camps for more fights in a day)

Fighters live longer in real time
(84 - 180 days real time instead of 42 - 90 days. 6 months real time for a max length career) Might get more sick of them.
Dominant fighters will live longer real time.

Live fighter events will run slower real time. Although most allow 1 day per bracket anyway due to scheduling. I believe in game tournaments would be unaffected as they reset PM reset now.

Returning Players - Would take twice as long real time for a returning camp to get up to speed only getting 1 fighter per day.
2014 most improved

Exploding heart technique -
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=101735

The Akuma
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=78847

Running with Scissors
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=103516

Bone Machine
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=103453

#494965 - 01/07/19 09:43 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: BlimBlapZing]
Matty

We may lose a fight per day for each fighter, but on the flip side of that, it could encourage coaches to bring back or open a new camp to keep themselves interested, and thus filling the gap left by only having one fight per day, in fact imo it would be just as easy to open a few camps if you only have to find fights one reset per day

#494966 - 01/07/19 09:45 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: BlimBlapZing]
Pepster

To me the game needs to be faster if anything. Slowing down a game that is already pretty slow and low on action isn't a good idea in my opinion. I knock out all my fights in like 20 minutes and look forward to the next reset. There are times when it's kinda hard to get your fight in if you're super busy, but the same can be true for any game, especially games you are expected to play on the daily.

#494967 - 01/07/19 09:47 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Pepster]
LCM

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Pepster
To me the game needs to be faster if anything. Slowing down a game that is already pretty slow and low on action isn't a good idea in my opinion. I knock out all my fights in like 20 minutes and look forward to the next reset. There are times when it's kinda hard to get your fight in if you're super busy, but the same can be true for any game, especially games you are expected to play on the daily.

This.

#494969 - 01/07/19 09:51 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Matty]
Matty

Totally agree with this but at the same time adding more camps could counter that boredom, Im still on the fence personally whether this 1 day reset is good or not but cool to see others ideas

#494970 - 01/07/19 09:53 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Pepster]
BiZ

Agreed

#494971 - 01/07/19 09:55 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Pepster]
ChiefBD Administrator

Loc: PA

What would stop you from having another camp to fill that void? You do have access to multiple camps.

#494972 - 01/07/19 09:59 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: ChiefBD]
Pepster

Originally Posted By: ChiefBD

What would stop you from having another camp to fill that void? You do have access to multiple camps.

You can do that but I feel the fun the part is watching a guy go up the rankings. It'll take like a month before you even know weather a guy is good or not with only 1 reset and the way people incubate now. To put it simpler more fights with a single fighter is more fun than more fights with more fighters. That's just my feeling though.

#494978 - 01/07/19 11:46 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Pepster]
Ahhhhhh

I don't like the idea at all tbh. There's plenty of time to get fights in between resets. What's the point in catering to inactive camps, they're going to miss resets no matter what. Less fights also slows down how fast a young camp can build up equipment/roster spots so they may get frustrated with slow progress and quit.

#494979 - 01/07/19 11:47 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Pepster]
Ahhhhhh

100%

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
1 Registered (Simon), 113 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod