Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#495032 - 01/08/19 09:30 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Pepster]
ChiefBD Administrator

Loc: PA
Originally Posted By: Pepster
Cater to the people who actually play the game. What about auto title fights? It already identifies the number 1 contender. Could you code it so it fights the number 1 contender with 1 minute left in reset if a fight has not occurred or something similar?

The plan is to put in an auto scheduling option for people that will have a check box for every fighter you want scheduled and the fights will run automatically. Could be done for title shots as well but there are two issues.

1. Running all of the fights have to be staggered because if they run at the same time at the end of the reset it will freeze the game or have a bad impact on speed in general.

2. The green name formula is really simplified. It's just showing who has the recent best in org streak and that's not an ideal formula for number 1 contender. I'm sure that is debatable but sometimes a 3 is better than a 4 if the 4 is crushing the bad popular fighters.

#495059 - 01/08/19 01:12 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: ChiefBD]
Lardking

I'm not a fan.

If the goal is to get inactive camps more involved, there are other ways to achieve that...rewards for activity, for example.

#495065 - 01/08/19 02:08 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Lardking]
Chitlnz

Loc: Orgun
down vote... don't like it

#495066 - 01/08/19 03:12 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Chitlnz]
Zakariya

Loc: Ontario
yea thats not a good idea. NPC CAMPS ARE THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING!!!@!!!!@!@!@!@!

#495067 - 01/08/19 03:53 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Zakariya]
ChiefBD Administrator

Originally Posted By: Chubby
yea thats not a good idea. NPC CAMPS ARE THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING!!!@!!!!@!@!@!@!

It actually IS a good idea but people just prefer how it is now and that's fine. There's pros and cons either way.

NPC camps would be great if it wasn't so difficult to implement. I'd definitely make that happen if possible.

#495553 - 01/18/19 02:10 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: ChiefBD]
UnknownCriminal

If the majority of players only have 1 camp then the game speed is fine, however, if the majority of players have 2-3 camps then the game should be 2-3 times faster.

Why do people have 2-3 camps? So that they can recruit, train and fight 2-3 more times during each reset, the downside to this is all their camp stats are split up between multiple accounts. The downside to multiple accounts is you start having a hard time finding actual rivals, camp wars become watered down.

The 2 resets a day is perfect, but if it was up to me I would also allow 2-3 recruits per camp per reset. Suddenly most players would have a full main camp and no time to toy with a second or third one, all their fighters will be in the same place now, not scattered between their lesser camps.

It would also get returning players back into the swing alot faster while giving newbies a reason to (spend real money quicker) on purchasing roster slots and equipment.

UC

#495554 - 01/18/19 02:13 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: UnknownCriminal]
ChiefBD Administrator

Originally Posted By: UnknownCriminal
If the majority of players only have 1 camp then the game speed is fine, however, if the majority of players have 2-3 camps then the game should be 2-3 times faster.

Why do people have 2-3 camps? So that they can recruit, train and fight 2-3 more times during each reset, the downside to this is all their camp stats are split up between multiple accounts. The downside to multiple accounts is you start having a hard time finding actual rivals, camp wars become watered down.

The 2 resets a day is perfect, but if it was up to me I would also allow 2-3 recruits per camp per reset. Suddenly most players would have a full main camp and no time to toy with a second or third one, all their fighters will be in the same place now, not scattered between their lesser camps.

It would also get returning players back into the swing alot faster while giving newbies a reason to (spend real money quicker) on purchasing roster slots and equipment.

UC

The recruiting from 0 has been worked on multiple times and it's a coding issue that hasn't found a work around yet but it's something that been wanted for a long time and has always been a WIP change.

Same issue exists for making multiple recruits show up in a camp in the same reset. If everyone actually fought all of their fighters i'd be more open to the idea but i would need to put something in that auto retires fighters that are just hanging out being inactive first.

#495556 - 01/18/19 02:29 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: UnknownCriminal]
LCM

Loc: Canada
I kind of like the 2-3 recruits per day idea.

But just as sort of a separate suggestion, I think I might have mentioned this before: allow returning players to recruit up to 5 fighters when they first return to the game, the same as how it is with brand new camps. The same reasoning behind having it in place for new camps applies. It might help with player retention. It gives returning players more to work with and keeps them interested rather than taking one fight and logging off without even being able to spar. You could set the threshold at 15 game years of inactivity to ensure there are no active fighters remaining in a camp.

Edit: Nvm, didn't see your post Chief. lol

Edited by LCM (01/18/19 02:31 PM)

#495646 - 01/21/19 05:37 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: ChiefBD]
UnknownCriminal

Quote:
The recruiting from 0 has been worked on multiple times and it's a coding issue that hasn't found a work around yet but it's something that been wanted for a long time and has always been a WIP change.

Same issue exists for making multiple recruits show up in a camp in the same reset. If everyone actually fought all of their fighters i'd be more open to the idea but i would need to put something in that auto retires fighters that are just hanging out being inactive first.

Without looking that sounds like the cronjob needs to be updated, or the database table/column also might only hold a "1 or 0 (ie TRUE or FALSE)" where it either loads a single recruit or it doesnt.

Feel free to PM me if you ever want a new set of eyes just to check something out, ive done alot of code writing for MUD's as well as webwork.

UC

Edited by UnknownCriminal (01/21/19 05:39 AM)

#495648 - 01/21/19 07:32 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: UnknownCriminal]
ChiefBD Administrator

It's more difficult than a simple 1 / 0 cronjob. I'll shoot you a PM after i get through the current stuff.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
1 Registered (Fedor McGeeno), 918 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod