Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#494964 - 01/07/19 09:40 AM 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread
BlimBlapZing

Last thread went in as an announcement and locked for some reason. Trying again.

Has been some discussion in the SB about this possibility, wanted to post this thread to get people's input on this option, and I am sure Chief would review this as well. Chief would be able to make the game reset once per day instead of twice. All other items would remain the same. Fighters would live longer in real time, but would not be different from fighters from before the change in any other ways.

Not really a change that can be trialed, once it is in it is in. So this is something to consider carefully. Would it make you leave the game either way? I know people have left the game due to being busy with life things, this could help with those types of things.

Probably missing some in both categories, but here is a list from initial discussion -

Pros:
Time zones not as much of an issue
May be easier to defend belts
Might help with burnout only needing to fight and/or spar once per day.
Easier to get in fights and run a camp for people with strenuous work/school schedule.
Might fill up orgs more if some people open more camps for more fights.

Cons:
Less fights per day
(though option is there to open more camps for more fights in a day)

Fighters live longer in real time
(84 - 180 days real time instead of 42 - 90 days. 6 months real time for a max length career) Might get more sick of them.
Dominant fighters will live longer real time.

Live fighter events will run slower real time. Although most allow 1 day per bracket anyway due to scheduling. I believe in game tournaments would be unaffected as they reset PM reset now.

Returning Players - Would take twice as long real time for a returning camp to get up to speed only getting 1 fighter per day.
2014 most improved

Exploding heart technique -
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=101735

The Akuma
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=78847

Running with Scissors
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=103516

Bone Machine
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=103453

#494965 - 01/07/19 09:43 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: BlimBlapZing]
Matty

We may lose a fight per day for each fighter, but on the flip side of that, it could encourage coaches to bring back or open a new camp to keep themselves interested, and thus filling the gap left by only having one fight per day, in fact imo it would be just as easy to open a few camps if you only have to find fights one reset per day

#494966 - 01/07/19 09:45 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: BlimBlapZing]
Pepster

To me the game needs to be faster if anything. Slowing down a game that is already pretty slow and low on action isn't a good idea in my opinion. I knock out all my fights in like 20 minutes and look forward to the next reset. There are times when it's kinda hard to get your fight in if you're super busy, but the same can be true for any game, especially games you are expected to play on the daily.

#494967 - 01/07/19 09:47 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Pepster]
LCM

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Pepster
To me the game needs to be faster if anything. Slowing down a game that is already pretty slow and low on action isn't a good idea in my opinion. I knock out all my fights in like 20 minutes and look forward to the next reset. There are times when it's kinda hard to get your fight in if you're super busy, but the same can be true for any game, especially games you are expected to play on the daily.

This.

#494969 - 01/07/19 09:51 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Matty]
Matty

Totally agree with this but at the same time adding more camps could counter that boredom, Im still on the fence personally whether this 1 day reset is good or not but cool to see others ideas

#494970 - 01/07/19 09:53 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Pepster]
BiZ

Agreed

#494971 - 01/07/19 09:55 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Pepster]
ChiefBD Administrator

Loc: PA

What would stop you from having another camp to fill that void? You do have access to multiple camps.

#494972 - 01/07/19 09:59 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: ChiefBD]
Pepster

Originally Posted By: ChiefBD

What would stop you from having another camp to fill that void? You do have access to multiple camps.

You can do that but I feel the fun the part is watching a guy go up the rankings. It'll take like a month before you even know weather a guy is good or not with only 1 reset and the way people incubate now. To put it simpler more fights with a single fighter is more fun than more fights with more fighters. That's just my feeling though.

#494978 - 01/07/19 11:46 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Pepster]
Ahhhhhh

I don't like the idea at all tbh. There's plenty of time to get fights in between resets. What's the point in catering to inactive camps, they're going to miss resets no matter what. Less fights also slows down how fast a young camp can build up equipment/roster spots so they may get frustrated with slow progress and quit.

#494979 - 01/07/19 11:47 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Pepster]
Ahhhhhh

100%

#494980 - 01/07/19 11:49 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Ahhhhhh]
Simon

Loc: England
Some great points flying about and I was open minded...but the more I read the more I side with pep and ahhhhh.

#494986 - 01/07/19 01:38 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Simon]
OEJ

Agreeing with what others have said so far.

#494988 - 01/07/19 02:06 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Ahhhhhh]
Spidey

Loc: Ohio
I really dont have a side here,whatever is better for the game,I vote for that.

#495003 - 01/07/19 07:56 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Spidey]
OEJ

Pick a side spidey mad eek smile

#495004 - 01/07/19 08:30 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: OEJ]
DrinkDrankCrunk

its been 2 a day for 10+ years. why fix what isnt broken?

#495005 - 01/07/19 08:42 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
The Captain

Loc: California
I think I might have even suggested the whole one reset per day thing, but the more I see other peoples opinions the more I'm swayed towards the opposite.

Some might see it as appeasing inactives, and some might see it as "maybe those inactives would be more active if time was slowed down".. either way though I think the right answer is to keep things the way they are now.

**Most Improved Player of 2015**
**Coach of the Year of 2016**
**Most Entertaining Poster of 2016, and 2018**
**Best Event of 2016: Basebrawl**
**UFC Prediction King of 2016**

#495006 - 01/07/19 08:42 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
ChiefBD Administrator

Originally Posted By: Drinkdrankcrunk
its been 2 a day for 10+ years. why fix what isnt broken?

Because title shots are not being accepted, it would help all time zones get fights in, it would populate the game world more so there would be more orgs / tiers and climbing to the top would have a bit more meaning.

It would help people that are busy get their larger camps fights in as there is a max of 40 now compared to 20 from years past and there are 13 weight classes now instead of 5 from previous years which has caused thinner divisions in each org as everyone is spread out.

#495029 - 01/08/19 09:16 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: ChiefBD]
Drifter

Loc: MN, USA
What about the flip side... I feel like adding a mid-day reset could help multiple things. Younger camps would be able to populate their camps faster thus filling out their rosters and orgs, there would be more opportunity to earn, one more turn for training etc. The current reset times might need to be adjusted by an hour one way or the other maybe not idk... But personally I would rather see another reset added rather than taken away.

MMArvels

#495030 - 01/08/19 09:21 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Drifter]
ChiefBD Administrator

Originally Posted By: Drifter
What about the flip side... I feel like adding a mid-day reset could help multiple things. Younger camps would be able to populate their camps faster thus filling out their rosters and orgs, there would be more opportunity to earn, one more turn for training etc. The current reset times might need to be adjusted by an hour one way or the other maybe not idk... But personally I would rather see another reset added rather than taken away.

I see the advantages there but people would be BRUTAL about not fighting every reset. Just depends on what direction people want things to go, if they don't want to defend titles every reset or not.

#495031 - 01/08/19 09:25 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: ChiefBD]
Pepster

Cater to the people who actually play the game. What about auto title fights? It already identifies the number 1 contender. Could you code it so it fights the number 1 contender with 1 minute left in reset if a fight has not occurred or something similar?

#495032 - 01/08/19 09:30 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Pepster]
ChiefBD Administrator

Cater to the people who actually play the game. What about auto title fights? It already identifies the number 1 contender. Could you code it so it fights the number 1 contender with 1 minute left in reset if a fight has not occurred or something similar?

The plan is to put in an auto scheduling option for people that will have a check box for every fighter you want scheduled and the fights will run automatically. Could be done for title shots as well but there are two issues.

1. Running all of the fights have to be staggered because if they run at the same time at the end of the reset it will freeze the game or have a bad impact on speed in general.

2. The green name formula is really simplified. It's just showing who has the recent best in org streak and that's not an ideal formula for number 1 contender. I'm sure that is debatable but sometimes a 3 is better than a 4 if the 4 is crushing the bad popular fighters.

#495059 - 01/08/19 01:12 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: ChiefBD]
Lardking

I'm not a fan.

If the goal is to get inactive camps more involved, there are other ways to achieve that...rewards for activity, for example.

#495065 - 01/08/19 02:08 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Lardking]
Chitlnz

Loc: Orgun
down vote... don't like it

#495066 - 01/08/19 03:12 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Chitlnz]
Zakariya

Loc: Ontario
yea thats not a good idea. NPC CAMPS ARE THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING!!!@!!!!@!@!@!@!

#495067 - 01/08/19 03:53 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Zakariya]
ChiefBD Administrator

Originally Posted By: Chubby
yea thats not a good idea. NPC CAMPS ARE THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING!!!@!!!!@!@!@!@!

It actually IS a good idea but people just prefer how it is now and that's fine. There's pros and cons either way.

NPC camps would be great if it wasn't so difficult to implement. I'd definitely make that happen if possible.

#495553 - 01/18/19 02:10 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: ChiefBD]
UnknownCriminal

If the majority of players only have 1 camp then the game speed is fine, however, if the majority of players have 2-3 camps then the game should be 2-3 times faster.

Why do people have 2-3 camps? So that they can recruit, train and fight 2-3 more times during each reset, the downside to this is all their camp stats are split up between multiple accounts. The downside to multiple accounts is you start having a hard time finding actual rivals, camp wars become watered down.

The 2 resets a day is perfect, but if it was up to me I would also allow 2-3 recruits per camp per reset. Suddenly most players would have a full main camp and no time to toy with a second or third one, all their fighters will be in the same place now, not scattered between their lesser camps.

It would also get returning players back into the swing alot faster while giving newbies a reason to (spend real money quicker) on purchasing roster slots and equipment.

UC

#495554 - 01/18/19 02:13 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: UnknownCriminal]
ChiefBD Administrator

Originally Posted By: UnknownCriminal
If the majority of players only have 1 camp then the game speed is fine, however, if the majority of players have 2-3 camps then the game should be 2-3 times faster.

Why do people have 2-3 camps? So that they can recruit, train and fight 2-3 more times during each reset, the downside to this is all their camp stats are split up between multiple accounts. The downside to multiple accounts is you start having a hard time finding actual rivals, camp wars become watered down.

The 2 resets a day is perfect, but if it was up to me I would also allow 2-3 recruits per camp per reset. Suddenly most players would have a full main camp and no time to toy with a second or third one, all their fighters will be in the same place now, not scattered between their lesser camps.

It would also get returning players back into the swing alot faster while giving newbies a reason to (spend real money quicker) on purchasing roster slots and equipment.

UC

The recruiting from 0 has been worked on multiple times and it's a coding issue that hasn't found a work around yet but it's something that been wanted for a long time and has always been a WIP change.

Same issue exists for making multiple recruits show up in a camp in the same reset. If everyone actually fought all of their fighters i'd be more open to the idea but i would need to put something in that auto retires fighters that are just hanging out being inactive first.

#495556 - 01/18/19 02:29 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: UnknownCriminal]
LCM

I kind of like the 2-3 recruits per day idea.

But just as sort of a separate suggestion, I think I might have mentioned this before: allow returning players to recruit up to 5 fighters when they first return to the game, the same as how it is with brand new camps. The same reasoning behind having it in place for new camps applies. It might help with player retention. It gives returning players more to work with and keeps them interested rather than taking one fight and logging off without even being able to spar. You could set the threshold at 15 game years of inactivity to ensure there are no active fighters remaining in a camp.

Edit: Nvm, didn't see your post Chief. lol

Edited by LCM (01/18/19 02:31 PM)

#495646 - 01/21/19 05:37 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: ChiefBD]
UnknownCriminal

Quote:
The recruiting from 0 has been worked on multiple times and it's a coding issue that hasn't found a work around yet but it's something that been wanted for a long time and has always been a WIP change.

Same issue exists for making multiple recruits show up in a camp in the same reset. If everyone actually fought all of their fighters i'd be more open to the idea but i would need to put something in that auto retires fighters that are just hanging out being inactive first.

Without looking that sounds like the cronjob needs to be updated, or the database table/column also might only hold a "1 or 0 (ie TRUE or FALSE)" where it either loads a single recruit or it doesnt.

Feel free to PM me if you ever want a new set of eyes just to check something out, ive done alot of code writing for MUD's as well as webwork.

UC

Edited by UnknownCriminal (01/21/19 05:39 AM)

#495648 - 01/21/19 07:32 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: UnknownCriminal]
ChiefBD Administrator

It's more difficult than a simple 1 / 0 cronjob. I'll shoot you a PM after i get through the current stuff.

#495651 - 01/21/19 08:22 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: ChiefBD]
FistK

Loc: NY
It's all ball bearings these days...

#495652 - 01/21/19 08:31 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: FistK]
Pepster

Originally Posted By: FistK

I like Redz bearings the best.

#495653 - 01/21/19 08:32 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: FistK]
ChiefBD Administrator

No, it's just a coin flip.

#495654 - 01/21/19 08:33 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: ChiefBD]
FistK

Loc: NY

Haha! On loop!

#495655 - 01/21/19 08:48 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: FistK]
Pepster

Haha! On loop!

It's good enough to decide who goes to the Super Bowl!

#499137 - 04/22/19 08:53 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Pepster]
Goat Beard

Loc: Goat shelter
Older thread, I know. But I've been away from the game since 2011 due to "title fight" nonsense. I almost came back a few other times during this long hiatus, but I stopped short because I couldn't get recruits right away. This time I bit the bullet and started back slowly to get my recruits. So in other words, I vote for making it easier for an old camp to get back into the game with recruits ASAP.

Other vote.......two resets is fine.

Third vote.......matchmaking Title Fights. Even Dana White isn't stupid enough to let his Champions handpick their next opponents (most of the time lol). It would eliminate two issues:

1) Champion doesn't log in for a while and no title fights are fought. This sucks big time.

2) No more people whining about someone not giving out title fights the way they think it should be done. Or not giving title fights to certain camps just because they have a spat with them, etc. Number 1 contender gets the shot, period. Code it how you like, just make it transparent so everyone knows how to get the #1 contender spot.

That's it. Glad to be back though!

Edited by Goat Beard (04/22/19 09:02 AM)

#499149 - 04/22/19 01:30 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Goat Beard]
Matty

Good to see you back goat, and look forward to many goat related puns and comments smile

#501037 - 08/27/19 08:14 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Matty]
DrinkDrankCrunk

i was real against this previously but think it might be a good idea now. kinda checked out on things and would feel less so if it changed

#501070 - 09/01/19 11:30 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
BiZ

Originally Posted By: DrinkDrankCrunk
i was real against this previously but think it might be a good idea now. kinda checked out on things and would feel less so if it changed

Never want to admit defeat but now that Ive taken a break I cannot get back into it every reset. Love the game but just do not have the free time available to invest into it.

#501071 - 09/01/19 01:33 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: BiZ]
Matty

Yeh ive always loved the two reset and was never properly into one reset per day but in recent times, I think its needed

#501072 - 09/01/19 01:34 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Matty]
Foul Administrator

Loc: Rummaging for used socks,
Yes, This is needed for the game.

#501089 - 09/04/19 01:56 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Foul]
Spanishfighter

I read the Goat's post and my opinion, his/her post (I do not know if is it a man or a woman), but back Goat's comment. That commentary has truth, the contender number 1 should be the first on challenge the champion... And the next point is:

If the champion doesn't log, there will be not fight.

Well. This happened to me too, I don't know why this idea has come to my mind.

It is the most ridiculous idea you have ever seen or heard.

My idea is to notify the champion, by e-mail that he/she has registered, with this message:

"You have been challenged in a title match".

I obviously do not, if not the game itself, though do this, it will be a little bit hard. But sorry for my little confidence, but I hope that idea does not get in the game, because it is so ridiculous.

Edited by Spanishfighter (09/04/19 01:59 PM)

#501090 - 09/04/19 02:52 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Spanishfighter]
Migrantworkers

Loc: DBA compound
I just wish that champions were not stripped for sending out challenges to not only the number 1 contender as identified by the game but also 2 or 3 other fighters who are also too busy or too pussy to accept the challenge

Migrantworkers

#501127 - 09/08/19 01:27 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Migrantworkers]
SbrbnHstlr

I agree with Mig, and though he didnt make the point I feel like the auto-title fight is a good idea at the end of reset.

I feel the only way to possibly curb this is push notifications. While I have no idea how it would work coding wise, I know websites ask me all the time if I want push notifications. Just a thought.

As for the auto-Title fight. It is agreed that the green fighter is not ALWAYS the most deserving.

Could the coding not be reworked to include the rankings of a prospective contenders most recent opponents instead of simply going purely off of win streak? Have number one contender selected by top win streak/opponents average rank within the respective win streak.

Again, its been years since ive touched any coding so I'm unsure of how feasible my ideas are.

Originally Posted By: "Chubby"

It has been confirmed to me the TNG does in fact perform seance style rituals

#505772 - 10/09/20 11:22 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: SbrbnHstlr]
GunnerJordan

Loc: USA
As a returning the player......the 2 a day reset is better for sure. I've around this game since 2008 and nothing takes the joy out of this game faster than the slow recruitment process. I want to build a team again but recruiting and training are so slow that I almost want to forget my login information again lol. My 2 cents, I love the game, tweaking is great but limiting fights and recruitment is a huge turn off. How about tweak the mechanics of fighters aging instead....

#505785 - 10/11/20 05:09 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: GunnerJordan]
Neverland101

I'm a new player

The game takes a while to get going even with two resets a day

With one reset a day it would be very slow

#505795 - 10/12/20 07:23 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: GunnerJordan]
Mr. Judo

This sucks but unfortunately if you could recruit a full team people would just constantly discard their shitty recruits until they got good ones

#505800 - 10/12/20 03:41 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Mr. Judo]
DrinkDrankCrunk

open some extra camps if you want more fighters starting out. you can always scale back after you get them filled up.

#505807 - 10/13/20 12:24 AM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
Matty

yeh think that's the best way, start a second camp to keep interest during the slog of a rebuild

#506947 - 12/14/20 08:24 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Matty]
Turbo

Loc: UK Birmingham
Hey guys been back for a few weeks now, camps are filling up nicely.
1 reset a day vs 2 resets

So I have 3 camps atm with 42 actively fighting fighters, I never really struggle to get all my fights done both resets ( I will fight anyone smile

I guess the game would slow down too much if we went to one reset per day, yes you could open more camps but I worked hard to get my camps where they are, and 3 camps should be enough for most players.

Is this still being actively considered?

#506948 - 12/14/20 11:41 PM Re: 1 Reset Per Day - Feedback thread [Re: Turbo]
Matty

Dont think so tbh

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
3 Registered (Ahhhhhh, Andymac666, Simon), 951 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod