Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#490250 - 09/10/18 08:43 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: BlimBlapZing]
The Captain

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: BlimBlapZing

Blim's whole story...

Think I remember you telling that story a few years back debating with Jbear about Gun Ownership. Think you would have been totally justified to have used one in that instance, but instead you diffused the situation (and were VERY LUCKY) and nobody had to die.

Also looking back on this thread....

Originally Posted By: Captain
For me it was going back to school after quitting a job I hate and getting an occupational skills certificate. (which is a bunch of bullshit really, but what it does is for jobs I apply for, it stands in place for "experience" so I just wave this certificate in their face and say "Here's my exp!!"

It WAS a bunch of bullshit. I bailed on that shit with 6 credits to go because I hated it, and now I cook delicious food for ungrateful old people.

BLIM's QUESTION: So....on a lighter note, who is your favorite mmarmy fighter, your own or someone elses and why?

Edited by The Captain (09/10/18 08:59 PM)

**Most Improved Player of 2015**
**Coach of the Year of 2016**
**Most Entertaining Poster of 2016, and 2018**
**Best Event of 2016: Basebrawl**
**UFC Prediction King of 2016**

#490255 - 09/10/18 10:06 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: The Captain]
DrinkDrankCrunk

Not trying to be narcissistic, but got to go with my guy Fransico "All Violence Team" Barbosa. Not my best guy ever, but every fight was a fucking explosion waiting to happen. So many crazy finishes (including him suffering some). The variety of submissions and KOs was amazing. I was really amped every reset to get his fights in. Rocked out at first in legends circuit, and won an incredibly epic KOK 3 Tourney besting the all time legend Skip Lange in the Finals. Sadly got nerfed by build changes, but still my all time favorite.

What is your favorite/most memorable sports moment of your life?

#490257 - 09/10/18 10:46 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
Wankrupt

There's been a few moments with basketball since it's what I watch the most but sticking with the mma theme it would have to be when Silva sub'd Sonnen. The build up to that fight got me hyped (especially since I was very young) and I watched it with some close friends on a vacation at a resort. The people I was with were just casual fans so I was hyping up Silva as a god to them and was utterly disappointed as he continually got his ass whooped the whole fight. Still clinging onto hope, when I saw the triangle attempt and then Sonnen tapping, I just died laughing at wtf just happened and proclaiming to my friends as to why Silva is the goat. Truly was an unbelievable moment, I talked about that shit for like a year lol

Have you ever been KTFO? What happened? How did it feel before, during and after?

#490394 - 09/14/18 03:31 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Wankrupt]
ATTBoxer

Loc: Florida
Knocked down but never out

Hindsight is always 20/20 (looking back its still a bit fuzzy). Whats a bad decision you made that you would go back on if you had the chance?

#495764 - 01/24/19 09:02 PM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: ATTBoxer]
The Captain

Whats a bad decision you made that you would go back on if you had the chance?

I quit a job I hated went to another job I had lined up. I don't regret quitting my shitty job, but the new position I had lined up was not official, and they were going to pay me under the table. I was ASSURED that I was in like Flynn for a 40-hour a week job. My best friend (UngratefulDead for those that know) worked there at the time, so I was feeling good about it.

Yeah... Turns out the lady that ran the place was a nasty old bitch that lied to us both and told me not to come back after working there for 4 days after my last day at the old job. I became Jobless, depressed, and poor and had to move back in with my folks and completely start my life over. Although... I did win MMARMY COACH OF THE YEAR that year I was pathetic and unempolyed so there's that. Every time I feel like I'm doing poorly at this game, I just relax and think about how I was once very good at it, but my life overall was not as good and suddenly I'm content with sucking a bit at MMArmy.

Things are good now. I got gas in the tank, money in the bank, and I work doing something that I enjoy. I learned though... Don't ever accept a salaried position or an under the table position. You will either be a slave, or have no assurance that you'll be able to pay your next set of bills. So I don't actually know if I would undo any of it because I'm happy with where I'm at now, and that's all part of my journey, but I certainly learned my lesson.

Addendum:
Click to reveal..
Oh yeah.. I was gonna get back at that whore that let me go unemployed but then a couple months later she went out of business, and I later found out she died of some crazy old-timey disease that people don't get anymore. I don't recall exactly but it was like Polio or Typhoid Fever or some shit you can get in Oregon Trail. Old Bitch Died of Dysentary.

What's in your fridge right now?

Edited by The Captain (01/24/19 09:27 PM)

#495778 - 01/25/19 11:35 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: The Captain]
Pepster

What's in your fridge right now?

Right now I've got a 12 pack of Mountain Dew and 12 pack of Cherry Pepsi. Yeah Soda is terrible for you and I don't give a dam!

I've got this Chipotle Mayo that's actually really good. After working at Subway for 7 years during High School and College I developed a love of Chipotle Southwest Sauce. Only problem is there is no store equivalent to the stuff that I can find. The current one Mr. Kensington's Chipotle Mayo is the closest I have found to the sweet sweet nectar of Chipotle Southwest at Subway.

There's a lot of lunch meat right now because my wife has developed some weird stomach bug in the last month. She's been to the doctors constantly and has no health insurance so I'm getting more sick thinking about it lol. But anyway she can apparently eat lunch meat without any pain, so we have a lot of it.

Oranges were on sale this week so I got a big ass bag of those. They are really freaking sour and struggle to eat one each morning. But I paid for them so I'm gonna eat them dammit.

We've got some grapes and apples too. More "stomach friendly food"

Oh and some greek yogurt. Again stomach thing.

Whole Milk because I learned a few years back all the positives of milk comes from the fat so go big or go home. Also have REAL butter. Unsalted. Same reasoning.

There's some unidentified leftovers that I will no doubt throw away eventually.

What's your favorite way to smoke marijuana? Glass? Blunt?
Bong? Vape? Other?

Edited by Pepster (01/25/19 11:35 AM)

#497124 - 02/24/19 01:10 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Pepster]
ATTBoxer

Loc: Florida
Gonna keep this moving. Something interesting about me is that I have never smoked weed even once. No desire for it.

Are you happy with yourself? Why or why not?

#497227 - 02/26/19 06:14 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: ATTBoxer]
Spidey

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: ATTBoxer
Gonna keep this moving. Something interesting about me is that I have never smoked weed even once. No desire for it.

Are you happy with yourself? Why or why not?

I'm pretty happy with myself.I have a beautiful family,a job,a roof over our head with the ability to pay all my bills.

What movie have you watched before,and still kinda tear up every time you see it?

#497278 - 02/27/19 07:21 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: Spidey]
The Captain

Hotaru No Haka (Grave of the Fireflies) - Holy shit. So sad. Although I can't say for sure if I'd cry watching it again because that shit is so sad, I would never watch it again.
Click to reveal..
The MC's entire village get's bombed to shit. His mother dies of burn trauma so terrible that her entire body is bandaged up like a mummy. The two surviving kids live in a cave until the youngest daughter dies of malnutrition. Older brother cremates her body and carries around the ashes in a fruit jar with a picture of their dead father who died in the war until HE dies of malnutrition. End movie

Any Disney Pixar movie which are DESIGNED to take you as an emotional hostage, and force you to watch cute little characters reconcile with things like: Cancer, Infertility, Death of loved ones, Thoughts of suicide, Global Destruction.

The Green Mile - Don't make me watch Michael Clark Duncan cry... What? He won't wear the hood because he's scared of the dark!!?? Jesus!!

What's something random and completely superfluous that you just impulse purchased for yourself? Whether you just decided to walk into a store while window shopping and bought it, or were cruising around Amazon and decided "I must have this!"

Edited by The Captain (02/27/19 07:22 AM)

#497280 - 02/27/19 07:44 AM Re: Answer The Question Of The Person Above You [Re: The Captain]
BlimBlapZing

What's something random and completely superfluous that you just impulse purchased for yourself? Whether you just decided to walk into a store while window shopping and bought it, or were cruising around Amazon and decided "I must have this!"

One of these -
Sonoran Spice Company superhot pepper flakes - Hot af and I put these on everything now - https://www.amazon.com/Sonoran-Spice-Carolina-Trinidad-Scorpion/dp/B018BBVT40/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?crid=2J1AZ0R5IBYFG&keywords=sonoran+spice+company&qid=1551281928&s=gateway&sprefix=sonoran+spice%2Caps%2C399&sr=8-4-spons&psc=1

Or
a muthafuckin rubber band gun -
https://www.amazon.com/Rubber-Band-Gun-iSottcom-Shooting/dp/B07D2G4BVL/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=rubber+band+gun&qid=1551281987&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

Or Axis and Allies Anniversery edition. Mega game but probably never get anyone to play through it with me - https://www.amazon.com/Avalon-Hill-Allies-Anniversary-Strategy/dp/B0734BWNV9/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=axis+and+allies&qid=1551282120&s=gateway&sr=8-1

What toppings do you like on pizza?
2014 most improved

Exploding heart technique -
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=101735

The Akuma
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=78847

Running with Scissors
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=103516

Bone Machine
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=103453

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
1 Registered (Simon), 113 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod