Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#510089 - 04/22/21 11:16 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
SbrbnHstlr

All camps should start with 5 fighters.

It doesnt provide that big of an advantage. I dont think, at least.

I have been working on redoing/creating a proper tutorial for new coaches.
This would be a quick intro to the game, explaining how the style system works, how the WRV works, and how to use them both together, before they register and create a game account. Quick introduction to sparring, and contracts.

Most new players likely chose a random country of their liking, dont know the basis of styles or where to look for that help. They recruit a few fighters and every fight to them is a 50/50 toss up.

Could you fellow coaches list anything else that would help a new coach out? Outside of signing up for the forums for real time help. Yes i know the game tips section exists, but a lot of that info would be helpful before you make a camp.

Originally Posted By: "Chubby"

It has been confirmed to me the TNG does in fact perform seance style rituals

#510090 - 04/22/21 11:48 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: SbrbnHstlr]
GunnerJordan

Loc: USA
Equipment...I know its supposed to help with training but if i have 1 block of Karate.. I DONT NEED ANY KARATE HEAVY RECRUITS! Thats not how I am setting up my camp. Why would a Thai Boxer wanting to bang go to a Sambo heavy camp? Equipment should help influence the type of recruits you receive and you should allocate equipment points like stats on a "character" build or something.

#510092 - 04/22/21 11:54 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: SbrbnHstlr]
Jarnoh

Loc: Netherlands
Usually when playing a game you'll find out about all the features of the game gradually when playing it. I don't think all the information will stick with the coaches that haven't played the game yet at all.

Getting the info you mentioned throughout the first week of playing would be very benificial, I'd say. Maybe getting a tutorial week with some of the info popping up when the new coach logs in. After that week maybe give them a chance to move the camp to a different country or get game cash back to change equipment that has been bought already.

Edit: feedback on Hstlr's tutorial idea.

Edited by Jarnoh (04/22/21 11:55 AM)

#510093 - 04/22/21 12:25 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Jarnoh]
Olir

Equipment is too expensive for new coaches. It used to be ok but the population is too small to have these guys forced into having low stats.

#510118 - 04/25/21 06:40 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Jarnoh]
SbrbnHstlr

Originally Posted By: Jarnoh
Usually when playing a game you'll find out about all the features of the game gradually when playing it. I don't think all the information will stick with the coaches that haven't played the game yet at all.

Agreed, the idea would be a quick 30-60 second video quickly explaining the premise of "rock paper scissors" premise that the game operates under. Something they can constantly refer back to.

Getting the info you mentioned throughout the first week of playing would be very benificial, I'd say. Maybe getting a tutorial week with some of the info popping up when the new coach logs in. After that week maybe give them a chance to move the camp to a different country or get game cash back to change equipment that has been bought already.

The game is optimized for Pc/Web Browser functionality. Help bubbles are coded into the game, however they are triggered in some functions by hovering over a link with your mouse cursor. This is unfortunately mute on mobile.
Forcing the tutorial week would slow down new player engagement.

There should be a way to create a page by page tutorial.
Page 1: shows you how to recruit, and explains the options.
Page 2: explains your recruits stats and offers a style suggestion and walks you through selecting one.
Page 3: signing your fighters first contract.
Etc....

Video would be quicker and more succinct, and easier to produce. Maybe Trite can offer his buttery smooth voice for voice over. So long as he sticks to the script wink wink

Originally Posted By: Olir
Equipment is too expensive for new coaches. It used to be ok but the population is too small to have these guys forced into having low stats.

I agree, a discussion should be had about scaling equipment costs. This is no different than scaling fighter orgs to population.

Originally Posted By: "Chubby"

It has been confirmed to me the TNG does in fact perform seance style rituals

#510120 - 04/25/21 06:44 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: SbrbnHstlr]
Matty

Originally Posted By: SbrbnHstlr

Agreed, the idea would be a quick 30-60 second video quickly explaining the premise of "rock paper scissors" premise that the game operates under. Something they can constantly refer back to.

The game is optimized for Pc/Web Browser functionality. Help bubbles are coded into the game, however they are triggered in some functions by hovering over a link with your mouse cursor. This is unfortunately mute on mobile.
Forcing the tutorial week would slow down new player engagement.

Page 2: explains your recruits stats and offers a style suggestion and walks you through selecting one.
Etc....

Video would be quicker and more succinct, and easier to produce. Maybe Trite can offer his buttery smooth voice for voice over. So long as he sticks to the script wink wink

Originally Posted By: Olir

I agree, a discussion should be had about scaling equipment costs. This is no different than scaling fighter orgs to population.

haha this point is perfect, trites sweet sweet tones would fit perfectly, as long as he doesnt talk about anything non-mmarmy

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

#510123 - 04/25/21 07:26 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: SbrbnHstlr]
Picograms95

Loc: Germany
Originally Posted By: SbrbnHstlr

Etc....

MMATycoon did a decent job there, you had 3 modes to create your fighters, depending on how much you know about the game. Like a suggested version, a "do whatever you want" version and like some other. I know you cant create one from the ground up like u did there and people could find out styles by recruiting over and over and just checking what the computer sparred for with the style picked, but maybe something like that?

#510124 - 04/25/21 07:39 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Picograms95]
Matty

Maybe something to point newbies in the direction of the camp they want to run, which could help with the wrv thing and also what stats they need to use for that sort of build? Like a couple of pointers, for example, want a cro cop style kickboxing camp? Then it gives you a couple of stats you should focus on, like kickboxing and footwork then lets the player determine what they need to add to those, and maybe recommend countries that have max WRV in that stat? Could be a function you switch off with a simple button which asks have you played the game before, if you select no, then you dont see any of it

#510125 - 04/25/21 08:44 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
Picograms95

Loc: Germany
Originally Posted By: Matty
Could be a function you switch off with a simple button which asks have you played the game before, if you select no, then you dont see any of it

if you select yes wink but I like the idea. nothing to crazy with stats but for each style there is an obv LHS and RHS. could work. Doesnt need to refer to certain countries, just include a guide on how to use WRV and let them figure out which countries or smth

#510126 - 04/25/21 08:48 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Picograms95]
Matty

Fair point

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Who's Online
2 Registered (Gyptian, Simon), 62 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod