Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#508916 - 02/25/21 12:22 PM 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!)
Snake

Loc: Venezuela
Given recent SB ramblings I thought it prudent to make a thread where we could jot down those few ideas that do some to have some promise. Nothing is too insane, come 'ere and share what's in your mind. Every few months or so we'll bring some of those ideas to Chief to see which changes are viable and/or reasonable.

Shit went down, sig updated accordingly.

Camps:
Deathlocks

No, I do not have any other camps in my possession, to suggest otherwise would be libel.

Sometimes I forget what my AV is, then a big smile adorns my beautiful latino face upon recognition. smile

#508917 - 02/25/21 12:26 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Snake]
Matty

returning camps allowed 5 fighters straight away

#508920 - 02/25/21 12:31 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
Matty

Ads back on the main page to bring in revenue, massive gap on the right where they used to be, consensus from what ive seen is people dont mind that returning if it helps the game out

#508979 - 02/26/21 07:05 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
Zakariya

Loc: Ontario
5 Rounders that are not for the title? Maybe when two guys are highly ranked the game could default to 5 rounds. Thank you for your consideration.

#508985 - 02/27/21 10:08 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Zakariya]
Snake

Loc: Venezuela
Originally Posted By: Chubby
5 Rounders that are not for the title? Maybe when two guys are highly ranked the game could default to 5 rounds. Thank you for your consideration.

That one could be added if Fight cards get coded in.

Shit went down, sig updated accordingly.

Camps:
Deathlocks

No, I do not have any other camps in my possession, to suggest otherwise would be libel.

Sometimes I forget what my AV is, then a big smile adorns my beautiful latino face upon recognition. smile

#509073 - 03/02/21 01:32 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Snake]
Zakariya

Loc: Ontario
Originally Posted By: Snake
Originally Posted By: Chubby

That one could be added if Fight cards get coded in.

YOU DON'T GET TO DECIDE!!!

What about Legend Fights that have no round limit. The fight keeps going until a fighter gets the finish.

#509074 - 03/02/21 01:56 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Zakariya]
Matty

KUMITE!!!

More rules for legends fights could be cool tbf

#509355 - 03/10/21 03:50 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
Matty

been suggested before, but the ability to group your fighters on the left hand side of the screen, like default is by age but some may wanna group by weight, sex, orgs theyre signed to or into synergy groups

#509439 - 03/17/21 12:59 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
DrinkDrankCrunk

login as a coach and have quick access to multiple camps

#509440 - 03/17/21 01:23 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
Matty

Yeh would love to see all your camps linked

#509441 - 03/17/21 02:29 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
ulithebison

Loc: Germany
I would say that QOL improvement would be a huge upgrade overall.
All fighters on one page in list format with stats and styles.
With such a list format you could also build up the training.
All fighters on one page, set training and coach and a button with "train all".

#509442 - 03/17/21 02:56 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: ulithebison]
Matty

streamlining sparring would be amazing, would be able to run alot more camps

#509474 - 03/21/21 10:44 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
Drake262

Train all or some sort of auto training would def bring me back. I really hate training 1 fighter at a time

#509607 - 03/30/21 09:49 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Drake262]
DrinkDrankCrunk

fix challenge all so it isnt "challenge every other fighter" half the time

#509634 - 03/31/21 01:13 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
Migrantworkers

Loc: DBA compound
Originally Posted By: DrinkDrankCrunk
fix challenge all so it isnt "challenge every other fighter" half the time

Fix challenge all so that it skips the champ and anyone who has fought

Migrantworkers

#509643 - 03/31/21 07:51 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Migrantworkers]
DrinkDrankCrunk

why skip the champ? with the amount of times rightful contender does a no show nowadays, you want that potential chance at the belt.

#509677 - 04/04/21 02:44 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
Captain BMA

Fight stats!!
Punch Stats, Kick Stats, takedowns

nothing too crazy like time on top and stuff like that..
The description stuff is koo but sometimes i read the fight and think my fighter has won the fight.. idk just a crazy idea

#509681 - 04/04/21 05:52 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Captain BMA]
Matty

Drop a tier 2 org for now, not enough fighters to warrant 4 orgs at that level

#509783 - 04/07/21 06:00 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
Mr. Judo

Keep it the same but make everyone start tier 1 imo. Hold coaches responsible for crushing (large age or stats in low orgs). This way the new players have somebody to play with but since stats are equal it'll be as close to fair as it can be (still at a disadvantage due to knowledge and equipment). In a game about fighting few people are doing it. If everyone stopped incubating then everyone wouldnt have to do it to succeed.

As it stands now new coaches struggle to find fights, when they do pop up to tier 2 theyre annihilated by 5-7 year old vets with triple their stats and with the knowledge of how styles work. If they cant find fights they fight themselves and we ban them for it. Titles are also meaningless. I try to fight my guys every reset and the champs are often the hardest to fight. Back in the day all titles were valued and it was exciting for newer coaches to win them. It would be nice to see mmarmy return to at least a fraction of its old self.

I called drink out recently and whether I was right or wrong I just wanna say I highly respect his game changes. He's fighting younger fighters, fighting more often, and his fighters are always appropriate ages and stats for their tier. I hope the rest of this community can grow together as well so we can repair this game some ourselves via the community. Chief Is awol but he made some amazing changes to the game. Lets enjoy it and actually fight our fighters in a game about fighting.

#509787 - 04/07/21 07:11 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Mr. Judo]
Matty

100% have to agree that people are playing but barely actually fighting, theres like 4K+ fighters yet only 1k+ are actually fighting, need fighters fighting to keep the game going

#509788 - 04/07/21 07:52 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
Olir

Yeah I'd agree that, playing as a new player sucks and anything to help that.

I think equipment is a real barrier. I am trying a new camp right now and can't train anyone up beyond 3.25 stars is damn annoying.

Getting money is slow because fights are slow. New slots are hard to get.

#509790 - 04/07/21 08:06 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
DrinkDrankCrunk

Keep my name out your mouth please. I didnt change shit, been playing the same as always and sure as fuck would not alter my game plan due to your complaining.

Sure we all want more coaches to fight and a fair playing field, but you intentionally dropping to lfc and having winning 40 fight guys held down in tier 2 is part of the problem.

If the all trainer, few fighters thing is an issue that can be addressed for sure.

#509792 - 04/07/21 08:38 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
Turbo

Loc: UK Birmingham
These are my views no call-outs, no shit talking just the way I see it.

This game was not made to be played this long as the balance totally shifts towards Veteran camps.

So any camp on the journey for more fighters slots and equipment, will try and fight more often as this brings in monies for upgrades. (long old road) Guessing they would even fight more average fighters as they learn styles and the game.

So when a camp completes 30 fighters and full equipment, what are their motivations.
They can handpick every fighter have loads of trainers and have a must-win/competitive nature to their MMArmy journey. Having say 10 fighters active in a camp of 30.. They don't need the monies anymore so it all about records now, this can have a negative effect against all other camps still trying to walk the road to MAX MAX sum would say this was ultra try hard.

The question is... Is there a responsibility to support the game more when you get to the top Max Max.. I would say yes. Have sum weaker fighter in your camps have some fun with newer camps its a community game and we all love it.

#509794 - 04/07/21 08:54 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
Mr. Judo

Keep my name out your mouth please. I didnt change shit, been playing the same as always and sure as fuck would not alter my game plan due to your complaining.

Sure we all want more coaches to fight and a fair playing field, but you intentionally dropping to lfc and having winning 40 fight guys held down in tier 2 is part of the problem.

If the all trainer, few fighters thing is an issue that can be addressed for sure.

I'm down in LFC when my rookie 0-2 year old fighters had to fight coaches who are 6+ years old and have much greater stats. As a result they lose more than they win and i dropped them if their age was suitable. Exaggerating my records doesnt add beef to discrediting me. I encouraged you too point out any fighters of mine thats stats or age is too great for the tier. While doing that you obviously noticed your own fighters didnt fit the mould and made adjustments. I thank you for that. Your name was only ever specified when you tried to shame me for finding a way to play the game.

My 2 yearold fighters shouldnt be in the efc just because they have the same amount of fights as EFC fighters. Everyone elses fighters could and should have the same amount of fights as mine. Im not cheating by fighting similar statted and aged fighters lol.

4398 fighters 1275 are signed. Of those 1200 signed how many are fighting ever reset or even day? Everyones way to busy to fight that often though apparently but every time they get a SR those fighters are fought twice a day? Why is that? Because they have an advantage! So lets all fight early! You can all have more fights an wins then me if you actually try to do so. And as a result of that new players would have much more equal ground, We'd all have more fight opportunities, More favourite fighters etc. What about that is less appealing? Or is it just wrong because i'm an asshole and you have beef with me?

#509795 - 04/07/21 09:10 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Mr. Judo]
Matty

LOL im not, and I imagine most are not interested in the personal drama, but we do all want the best for the game, and we need activity for it to be better and actual FIGHTS, I know uli was tracking fights per reset at one stage and that mustve dropped off a cliff recently, I know I was tracking fight results and gave up when the number of fights dropped low so wasnt worth the time tracking styles

#509798 - 04/07/21 12:25 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
DrinkDrankCrunk

The thing is i have not changed a fucking thing. And if its not a call out, why mention me in your post? Makes me not want to listen to even your more valid points.

I just think your playstyle is bullshit and cowardly. If you feel proud of it, good for you. I'd support locking vets out of tier 1 to give new guys a chance to get the hang of the game before 10 year players lacking scruples swarm on them. Then maybe some of them would stick around which often is not the case.

Maybe have some sort of trainer limit? I didnt start using trainers until a couple years ago and usually have about 5ish per camp. I dont always have time to fight every one of my 57 fighters, and i think im not alone in that. Sure ppl should try to be as active as possible, but thatll always be dependent on ppl's lives and interest levels. Having some other camp cash options would be helpful, maybe some custom equipment or page flare that wouldnt effect the fights.

#509800 - 04/07/21 12:51 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
Matty

maybe the SR shop would actually be a decent idea, aslong as theyre expensive, maybe one mil per tier
http://www.mmarmy.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=460317#Post460317
so theyre expensive but actually something for people to invest in and fight to earn money for

#509823 - 04/07/21 06:35 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
Turbo

Loc: UK Birmingham
Defo a Camp activity percentage No of fighters/fights in camp. Activity league not a win/lose top 50 activity is far more important in this game.

#509826 - 04/07/21 10:27 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Turbo]
DrinkDrankCrunk

lol whats more disturbing than 90% of the camp as 0-0 trainers is that all the actual fighters are the same creepy old bearded dude.

#509833 - 04/08/21 06:07 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
Migrantworkers

lol whats more disturbing than 90% of the camp as 0-0 trainers is that all the actual fighters are the same creepy old bearded dude.

Suck the creepy old bearded dudes dick dipshit

Migrantworkers

#509834 - 04/08/21 06:49 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Migrantworkers]
Matty

lol look back at my post, i didnt even mean to tag migs camp, i copy and pasted the wrong tab, i did wonder why the comments after made no sense until i re-read my post, so ive changed it now to include the link i was meant to include XD

#509835 - 04/08/21 07:01 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
Migrantworkers

Originally Posted By: Matty
lol look back at my post, i didnt even mean to tag migs camp, i copy and pasted the wrong tab, i did wonder why the comments after made no sense until i re-read my post, so ive changed it now to include the link i was meant to include XD

I didn't quite you

I am way trainer heavy and have been for 2 years...was before I left

And while you didnt say it Matty

If the games survival is based on me playing the game differently then it deserves to die

Migrantworkers

#509858 - 04/09/21 03:17 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Migrantworkers]
Mr. Judo

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk everyone! this is why the game is dying. The few who still play are a bunch of volatile pricks who refuse to change even when the solution is obvious and simple. Easier to point fingers elsewhere though and name call I suppose. Lets all just keep doing what were doing until theres 0 new people and everyone just has trainers lol

#509859 - 04/09/21 03:58 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Mr. Judo]
Migrantworkers

Originally Posted By: Mister Judo
Thanks for coming to my Ted talk everyone! this is why the game is dying. The few who still play are a bunch of volatile pricks who refuse to change even when the solution is obvious and simple. Easier to point fingers elsewhere though and name call I suppose. Lets all just keep doing what were doing until theres 0 new people and everyone just has trainers lol

Hahahaha

Blame people who have been playing for over a decade

Brilliant

Migrantworkers

#509860 - 04/09/21 04:34 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Migrantworkers]
Mr. Judo

Originally Posted By: Migrantworkers
Originally Posted By: Mister Judo

Hahahaha

Blame people who have been playing for over a decade

Brilliant

im one of them and was equal blame. Whos fault is it? Chiefs? Chief bought this game with no idea how to do any physical changes. Because of that he spent a fortune of his own money cleaning up Mkicks old messes and creating awesome new things for us to enjoy. This was mkicks baby but Chief did more for this game than he ever did.

The game engine is near perfect imo. Chief should be hosting tournaments and adding a few custom features here and there but the hard work is done. However I dont blame him at all for ghosting. Every time he does pop in he's greeted with whines and the same old annoying questions and requests. And if not that then trolling (Im guiltier than anyone for this) Maybe if we all stop bitching, complaining and being toxic to fellow coaches we can breath enough life into this game for Chief to invest himself in again? if not that maybe it would pump enough blood for him to sell it for a reasonable amount? Worse case scenario we all have a better time playing and more new coaches stick around.

#509861 - 04/09/21 05:00 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Mr. Judo]
Migrantworkers

Why did you even bring chief into the conversation?

Could he do more is an easy yes

Has he done enough is also an easy yes

Finding an easier way to spend actual money on the game would be nice

Making the game easier for new players would be a good start but holding on to the ancient myth of mystery is something too many cling to

Rescind all forum bans would be a good start

Taking away the right to post in the public forums for public forum abuses would be smart

Same for the speak box

But active players who have not been caught cheating should never lose their ability to use their alliance forum

Edited by Migrantworkers (04/09/21 08:01 AM)

Migrantworkers

#509863 - 04/09/21 06:27 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
Matty

Bumping this as think its a must, the amount of guys that start then have one fighter per reset and quit must be fairly high, should have 5 minimum if youre camp is empty

#509879 - 04/10/21 06:47 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
Marcelo Luiz Riz

Loc: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Time to cut some orgs

Tier 1 = LFC
Tier 2 = PFO, CG and UNO
Tier 3 = Preliator and Inchickta
Tier 4 = EFC

#509881 - 04/10/21 06:58 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Marcelo Luiz Riz]
Matty

100%

#509950 - 04/15/21 05:18 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Marcelo Luiz Riz]
Matty

Bumping this as think its a must, the amount of guys that start then have one fighter per reset and quit must be fairly high, should have 5 minimum if youre camp is empty

Edited by Matty (04/17/21 12:06 AM)

#510089 - 04/22/21 11:16 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
SbrbnHstlr

All camps should start with 5 fighters.

It doesnt provide that big of an advantage. I dont think, at least.

I have been working on redoing/creating a proper tutorial for new coaches.
This would be a quick intro to the game, explaining how the style system works, how the WRV works, and how to use them both together, before they register and create a game account. Quick introduction to sparring, and contracts.

Most new players likely chose a random country of their liking, dont know the basis of styles or where to look for that help. They recruit a few fighters and every fight to them is a 50/50 toss up.

Could you fellow coaches list anything else that would help a new coach out? Outside of signing up for the forums for real time help. Yes i know the game tips section exists, but a lot of that info would be helpful before you make a camp.

Originally Posted By: "Chubby"

It has been confirmed to me the TNG does in fact perform seance style rituals

#510090 - 04/22/21 11:48 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: SbrbnHstlr]
GunnerJordan

Loc: USA
Equipment...I know its supposed to help with training but if i have 1 block of Karate.. I DONT NEED ANY KARATE HEAVY RECRUITS! Thats not how I am setting up my camp. Why would a Thai Boxer wanting to bang go to a Sambo heavy camp? Equipment should help influence the type of recruits you receive and you should allocate equipment points like stats on a "character" build or something.

#510092 - 04/22/21 11:54 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: SbrbnHstlr]
Jarnoh

Loc: Netherlands
Usually when playing a game you'll find out about all the features of the game gradually when playing it. I don't think all the information will stick with the coaches that haven't played the game yet at all.

Getting the info you mentioned throughout the first week of playing would be very benificial, I'd say. Maybe getting a tutorial week with some of the info popping up when the new coach logs in. After that week maybe give them a chance to move the camp to a different country or get game cash back to change equipment that has been bought already.

Edit: feedback on Hstlr's tutorial idea.

Edited by Jarnoh (04/22/21 11:55 AM)

#510093 - 04/22/21 12:25 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Jarnoh]
Olir

Equipment is too expensive for new coaches. It used to be ok but the population is too small to have these guys forced into having low stats.

#510118 - 04/25/21 06:40 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Jarnoh]
SbrbnHstlr

Originally Posted By: Jarnoh
Usually when playing a game you'll find out about all the features of the game gradually when playing it. I don't think all the information will stick with the coaches that haven't played the game yet at all.

Agreed, the idea would be a quick 30-60 second video quickly explaining the premise of "rock paper scissors" premise that the game operates under. Something they can constantly refer back to.

Getting the info you mentioned throughout the first week of playing would be very benificial, I'd say. Maybe getting a tutorial week with some of the info popping up when the new coach logs in. After that week maybe give them a chance to move the camp to a different country or get game cash back to change equipment that has been bought already.

The game is optimized for Pc/Web Browser functionality. Help bubbles are coded into the game, however they are triggered in some functions by hovering over a link with your mouse cursor. This is unfortunately mute on mobile.
Forcing the tutorial week would slow down new player engagement.

There should be a way to create a page by page tutorial.
Page 1: shows you how to recruit, and explains the options.
Page 2: explains your recruits stats and offers a style suggestion and walks you through selecting one.
Page 3: signing your fighters first contract.
Etc....

Video would be quicker and more succinct, and easier to produce. Maybe Trite can offer his buttery smooth voice for voice over. So long as he sticks to the script wink wink

Originally Posted By: Olir
Equipment is too expensive for new coaches. It used to be ok but the population is too small to have these guys forced into having low stats.

I agree, a discussion should be had about scaling equipment costs. This is no different than scaling fighter orgs to population.

#510120 - 04/25/21 06:44 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: SbrbnHstlr]
Matty

Originally Posted By: SbrbnHstlr

Agreed, the idea would be a quick 30-60 second video quickly explaining the premise of "rock paper scissors" premise that the game operates under. Something they can constantly refer back to.

The game is optimized for Pc/Web Browser functionality. Help bubbles are coded into the game, however they are triggered in some functions by hovering over a link with your mouse cursor. This is unfortunately mute on mobile.
Forcing the tutorial week would slow down new player engagement.

Page 2: explains your recruits stats and offers a style suggestion and walks you through selecting one.
Etc....

Video would be quicker and more succinct, and easier to produce. Maybe Trite can offer his buttery smooth voice for voice over. So long as he sticks to the script wink wink

Originally Posted By: Olir

I agree, a discussion should be had about scaling equipment costs. This is no different than scaling fighter orgs to population.

haha this point is perfect, trites sweet sweet tones would fit perfectly, as long as he doesnt talk about anything non-mmarmy

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

#510123 - 04/25/21 07:26 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: SbrbnHstlr]
Picograms95

Originally Posted By: SbrbnHstlr

Etc....

MMATycoon did a decent job there, you had 3 modes to create your fighters, depending on how much you know about the game. Like a suggested version, a "do whatever you want" version and like some other. I know you cant create one from the ground up like u did there and people could find out styles by recruiting over and over and just checking what the computer sparred for with the style picked, but maybe something like that?

#510124 - 04/25/21 07:39 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Picograms95]
Matty

Maybe something to point newbies in the direction of the camp they want to run, which could help with the wrv thing and also what stats they need to use for that sort of build? Like a couple of pointers, for example, want a cro cop style kickboxing camp? Then it gives you a couple of stats you should focus on, like kickboxing and footwork then lets the player determine what they need to add to those, and maybe recommend countries that have max WRV in that stat? Could be a function you switch off with a simple button which asks have you played the game before, if you select no, then you dont see any of it

#510125 - 04/25/21 08:44 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
Picograms95

Could be a function you switch off with a simple button which asks have you played the game before, if you select no, then you dont see any of it

if you select yes wink but I like the idea. nothing to crazy with stats but for each style there is an obv LHS and RHS. could work. Doesnt need to refer to certain countries, just include a guide on how to use WRV and let them figure out which countries or smth

#510126 - 04/25/21 08:48 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Picograms95]
Matty

Fair point

#510266 - 05/03/21 07:05 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
Migrantworkers

I hate the WRV

Hate it

But if we have to have it perhaps those countries that just come with shitty stats because of the stupid WRV could have fighters that come with good learning or teaching skills

Fucking WRV anyhow

Migrantworkers

#510267 - 05/03/21 07:10 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Migrantworkers]
Matty

whats the issue with it?

#510272 - 05/03/21 01:55 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
Migrantworkers

whats the issue with it?

It does not change very much

It has been well over a year since America has been top 50

Now this is not a pro America rant at all as I am sure that many other countries are just randomly assigned to be shitty as well

Migrantworkers

#510342 - 05/05/21 10:17 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Migrantworkers]
Picograms95

my top 3 quality of life improvements for this game are as follows:

1. change fighter's appearence with credits after they already fought (customization)
2. Write not yet read fights in bold letters in the "news" section
3. gold over red challenges

those should be relatively easy to change IMO

regarding WRV: those w shitty LHS should have a higher chance of getting good RHS

#510343 - 05/06/21 05:55 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Picograms95]
BlimBlapZing

Spidey commented we have a lot of unsigned fighters right now. Personally I'm pretty active in game and have found my fighters are sitting unsigned a lot longer since contracts were shortened. I re-sign them when I spar typically, which is twice a week.

I get why the short contracts are there, you want to keep the fighters moving, that is a good thing. But making it hard to keep them signed is a bad thing, you don't want to make it harder to stay active, you want to make it easier.

My suggestion is every time a fighter leaves a contract you immediately route to a page saying "fighter x contract has expired" and list basically the contract page for them so you can automatically resign. Maybe list the contracts and a 3rd option, remain unsigned. Ideally this could happen before the pop out of the org impacts happen, eliminating the need to do auto-renew in the EFC too. Make it easier to be active, not harder.

Hell, if you wanted to you could make it impossible for fighters to be unsigned after that first contract, but this would probably result in more incubation before signing, but is another option to consider. That could look like a page after contract exp that lists new contracts or "retire fighter". Those are your only options and that page will keep coming up until you make a choice.
2014 most improved

Exploding heart technique -
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=101735

The Akuma
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=78847

Running with Scissors
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=103516

Bone Machine
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=103453

#510382 - 05/06/21 04:47 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: BlimBlapZing]
Migrantworkers

How about an option that would likely apply to only Ippo and myself

The ability to buy more than one item at a time

Like 7 or some shit

Migrantworkers

#510383 - 05/06/21 04:51 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Migrantworkers]
Ippo4ever

Originally Posted By: Migrantworkers
How about an option that would likely apply to only Ippo and myself

The ability to buy more than one item at a time

Like 7 or some shit

Haha gotta get those uniforms

#510390 - 05/06/21 11:23 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Ippo4ever]
Matty

If this was an option, my second camp would be clones like your camps but its a grind buying individually isnt it

#510393 - 05/07/21 05:02 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
Migrantworkers

If this was an option, my second camp would be clones like your camps but its a grind buying individually isnt it

I do a bunch at one time

But it does suck

Migrantworkers

#510429 - 05/08/21 02:18 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Migrantworkers]
Matty

initial grind and cost as a newbie should be lower, or non-existent, because you start with no equip, no ability to get custom items etc.

start of game, maybe more starting cash when u start a camp, like 10mil? that way you can get a 5mil and many 500ks, or 2x 5mils then the grind can start, i doubt chief makes any money off newbies and most, if not all, off the guys who have played for a long time (correct me if im wrong)

may help with keeping new camps and coaches active rather than dying off quick....that and they should be pushed onto the forums or at least towards the game guide

Also:

[x] Olir: kinda hard to program a new set of recruits for returning camps. coz if you allowed an empty camp 5 fighters that could be abused. you'd have to make sure they had to wait x amount of resets before they could do it again
[x] Matty: yeh i think thats how it should work
[x] Matty: recruit an empty camp once a month or something fairly extreme

think this needs to be integrated too, returning camps soon give up when they have to recruit once a reset, should be able to recruit 5 straight away, but limit this to once a month or something to prevent abuse of this. Spoke to russianthai recently and he gave up very quickly due to this

#510430 - 05/08/21 03:27 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
Olir

initial grind and cost as a newbie should be lower, or non-existent, because you start with no equip, no ability to get custom items etc.

start of game, maybe more starting cash when u start a camp, like 10mil? that way you can get a 5mil and many 500ks, or 2x 5mils then the grind can start, i doubt chief makes any money off newbies and most, if not all, off the guys who have played for a long time (correct me if im wrong)

may help with keeping new camps and coaches active rather than dying off quick....that and they should be pushed onto the forums or at least towards the game guide

Also:

[x] Olir: kinda hard to program a new set of recruits for returning camps. coz if you allowed an empty camp 5 fighters that could be abused. you'd have to make sure they had to wait x amount of resets before they could do it again
[x] Matty: yeh i think thats how it should work
[x] Matty: recruit an empty camp once a month or something fairly extreme

think this needs to be integrated too, returning camps soon give up when they have to recruit once a reset, should be able to recruit 5 straight away, but limit this to once a month or something to prevent abuse of this. Spoke to russianthai recently and he gave up very quickly due to this

IMO these suggestions tick two major boxes that this game has to tick if it wants to survive:

1) Sorting out the starting equipment so new players can compete (it isn't 2008 any more)

2) Sorting out returning camps so they don't have to wait days before they can start to actually play. Right now they can't even spar in the first reset!

#510451 - 05/09/21 07:41 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Olir]
SbrbnHstlr

I think its widely agreed upon that the equipment/camp economics need to be scaled down for new players.

Also agree that every newly registered and old camp should be able to recruit 5 fighters right off the hop.
Simple rule in place that the camp must have had 0 active roster for 6 real time months to use the 5 recruits feature.

Edit: WRV

It's hard to call it P2W without knowing exactly how it effects the probabilities of recruitment. It's arguable.

Does it need rebalancing? Likely. Maybe refinements so that certain nations dont have pumped skills that are illogical. Maybe allow every camp to change nations every real time year for free?

Is it the games money maker at the moment? Likely. Its the only thing players can continually spend real money on. If we dont like it as a pay feature, let's come up with other features that dont impact the game negatively, that will generate money.

Edited by SbrbnHstlr (05/09/21 07:48 AM)

#510498 - 05/12/21 08:12 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: SbrbnHstlr]
Matty

so in football manager, each player has a potential ability, ranging from 0-200, how about this with each fighter and when they are recruited, and this could be effected by each new fighter coming with a 'peak age' hidden, and they have until then to reach that hidden potential, which after the peak will decrease. Each fighter could also have a hidden which is 'decay speed' or something like that, and thats how quickly their potential ability falls, whether they hit it before their peak or not. Maybe even have 'peak time' as a hidden and this can have a range for when theyre at their absolute best.

just throwing it out there for critique

#510643 - 05/18/21 05:16 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
ulithebison

I think this request has been made many times before, at least in a similar form:
If you come back as a manager, that you can recruit several fighters in one day/reset. Similar to new accounts.
Maybe also in connection with the purchase of credits. So still some revenue could be generated. Furthermore, this could prevent the "exploitation" in the form of "mass retirement".

#510654 - 05/18/21 12:42 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: ulithebison]
DrinkDrankCrunk

How about make accept/decline buttons bigger for sausage fingers on mobile

#510688 - 05/20/21 05:43 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
Ippo4ever

How about make accept/decline buttons bigger for sausage fingers on mobile

I know this is wishful thinking but a mobile mode would be amazing

#510698 - 05/21/21 02:02 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Ippo4ever]
Matty

i really like the tier situation atm, but have found it prevents a lot of fighters in efc, there were 7 at MW, 5 at FW earlier and those are just the weightclasses i looked at

#510880 - 06/05/21 03:19 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
Matty

still want to see hair and facial hair colors seperate

#510881 - 06/05/21 03:58 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
Robo

Loc: Canada
Show me my record this reset. That way I can look at my homepage and laugh at being 0-20.

#511053 - 06/10/21 04:57 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Robo]
Robo

Whats the point of popularity when youre Regional from tier 2 all the way to EFC? Either scrap it, or create tiers with different titles for tiers.

#511114 - 06/13/21 05:12 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Robo]
Scraps

So about the equipment issue for new players that people have already mentioned, perhaps a donation option where veterans who have all their equipment maxed and fighter slots maxed and having nothing to spend on can donate to new players in their alliance. I for one would be willing to donate to an alliance member to help them accelerate their growth. I understand the game needs to make money. So maybe a cap on how much each camp can donate or something like that.

#511123 - 06/13/21 12:47 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
Neverland101

Game needs a bit of a recruitment drive on Reddit and Discord.

I would have a second ribbon under the current one headed "Game Tips" with:

You-tube guide(s)
Overview (current game tips)
Registering Your Camp
Hiddens & Attributes
Styles Guide
Style vs Style Matchups
Message Board Sign-up
Discord Sign-Up

Should make it easier for new players to get started with minimal changes to the landing page.

#511279 - 06/21/21 05:41 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Neverland101]
Matty

not sure if its been suggested before, but how about a coach created 'legends league' along the same lines as tournaments but they have different criteria and you can choose points for wins, stoppages etc. Almost like a coach created organisation almost, unless thats taking the idea too far?
this could be fleshed out a lot but just a random idea ive thought of.

and another idea, which may split people, but how about achievements like x amount of stoppages or x amount of wins would give little rewards as rewards, like maybe an extra spar or two or something like that? again another thing off the top of my head and open to criticism/brainstorming

also tycoon has alot of great ideas that could work here

Edited by Matty (06/21/21 06:03 AM)

#511324 - 06/24/21 03:03 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Matty]
Neverland101

Default country option for new players signing up is whichever country is top of the WRV when they sign up, not America

Gives new players a better start

#511334 - 06/24/21 11:47 AM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Neverland101]
Robo

I believe you can select a nationality when registering a new camp.

#511335 - 06/24/21 12:04 PM Re: 2021 Suggestion Thread (Batshit insane ideas welcomed!!!) [Re: Robo]
BlimBlapZing

Yeah but new players likely won't know about wrv, likely will take the nation they live in.

WRV is a decent sized advantage, but if you force a new camp into a nation you could lose something in the connection to new recruits. I'll probably always run a US camp since I live there, to the detriment of my record.

The suggestion is not a bad idea to give a boost to new camps, just wish there was a way to implement something like wrv without losing that.
2014 most improved

Exploding heart technique -
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=101735

The Akuma
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=78847

Running with Scissors
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=103516

Bone Machine
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=103453

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Who's Online
5 Registered (BlimBlapZing, CatHerder, Gyptian, Matty, Simon), 275 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod