Page 11 of 32 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 31 32 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#504288 - 07/30/20 07:33 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Migrantworkers]
Wally Wilde

To avoid people hand picking matches that only suit their fighter style/ducking fights, what about an auto challenge type function that matches you up with another fighter for that reset? I feel like with the current layout you can have people who only accept fights that work for their styles and it doesn't really reflect how in MMA it's the promoter choosing the match ups for the most part. If you don't accept for a few resets your fighter can be cut from the organization so we don't have too many people stalling the fights. Just an idea I had, love the game.

#504292 - 07/30/20 08:01 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Wally Wilde]
SbrbnHstlr

Originally Posted By: Wally Wilde
To avoid people hand picking matches that only suit their fighter style/ducking fights, what about an auto challenge type function that matches you up with another fighter for that reset? I feel like with the current layout you can have people who only accept fights that work for their styles and it doesn't really reflect how in MMA it's the promoter choosing the match ups for the most part. If you don't accept for a few resets your fighter can be cut from the organization so we don't have too many people stalling the fights. Just an idea I had, love the game.

I enjoy this idea to an extent. I feel this feature would punish more than it would help. I would love to hear from other coaches as well. I'm just a dude with an opinion.

Originally Posted By: "Chubby"

It has been confirmed to me the TNG does in fact perform seance style rituals

#504293 - 07/30/20 08:13 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: SbrbnHstlr]
Wally Wilde

Originally Posted By: SbrbnHstlr

I enjoy this idea to an extent. I feel this feature would punish more than it would help. I would love to hear from other coaches as well. I'm just a dude with an opinion.

While I agree it'd punish to an extent, I think It'd force people to train their fighters with more emphasis on style switches than really anything else. Ngl I find it can be frustrating when matching my fighter up with someone who's style he beats and not having them accept the challenge, especially when they're the only other person online lol. Definitely would need to be fleshed out, my only real concern would be people with multiple camps having their fighters matched up.

#504299 - 07/30/20 11:21 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Wally Wilde]
Trite

Don't like it. Choosing fights is part of strategy.

#504301 - 07/30/20 11:30 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Wally Wilde]
ulithebison

Loc: Germany

I understand your point.
However, it could be that with your solution, an 0YP has to fight against a 7YP or older all the time. That would just be unfair.
I agree with Trite: Choosing fights is part of strategy.

It would be better to think again about an automatic AC for title fights.
But this discussion has been going on for years.

#504304 - 07/31/20 01:04 AM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: ulithebison]
Wally Wilde

Originally Posted By: ulithebison

I understand your point.
However, it could be that with your solution, an 0YP has to fight against a 7YP or older all the time. That would just be unfair.
I agree with Trite: Choosing fights is part of strategy.

It would be better to think again about an automatic AC for title fights.
But this discussion has been going on for years.

Not to beat my point like a dead horse, but I think it'd be very easy to have the auto challenges set up via rank, similar to an MMR system in a game like starcraft. You'd have autochallenges climb your way up the ladder by rank instead of it being at random, thus giving you fair fights as you climb in the ladder. I understand currently picking fights can be seen as strategy, but that's merely because of how the game is currently laid out. If it were an MMR system and I argued the opposite, people would say "building appropriate switches is strategy." I think this would help newer users stick around as they wouldn't have their fighters essentially bullied/ducked by longtime players, and they'd be able to fight every reset without issue. Last time i'll chime in on this, I understand if you feel differently I just like expressing my points as clear as I can.

#504316 - 07/31/20 06:09 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Wally Wilde]
Migrantworkers

Loc: DBA compound
Suggested matches has been widely discussed and hopefully happens

That is the game suggesting certain opponents based on stat levels and proximity in rankings

Migrantworkers

#504401 - 08/05/20 10:00 AM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Migrantworkers]
Picograms95

Loc: Germany
one suggestion from me: fights u havent read yet should be written in thicker letters.

#504404 - 08/05/20 12:49 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Picograms95]
Denku

Originally Posted By: Picograms95
one suggestion from me: fights u havent read yet should be written in thicker letters.

I like this idea.

#504406 - 08/05/20 04:07 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Denku]
SbrbnHstlr

Originally Posted By: Denku
Originally Posted By: Picograms95

I like this idea.

I agree as well. Some indication would be nice for sure.

Originally Posted By: "Chubby"

It has been confirmed to me the TNG does in fact perform seance style rituals

Page 11 of 32 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 31 32 >

Who's Online
1 Registered (Gyptian), 127 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod