Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#513086 - 08/15/22 11:26 PM Would you ever give this camp EFC title shot?
Trite

Hello.

There used to be a time, when coaches would come to terms and title shots, were handed out, with some form of honor, and, new coaches would not get a shot, unless they knew how to defend, and, if a coach found a DUCKER, they posted in their subforums and the Shout Box and coaches, from EVERY ALLIANCE, would recognize and avoid that coach, as, to not screw other rightful deserving coaches. Now, some of us are in the belief that if we tell new or returning coaches, they gave a shit shot, we may scare them away, when, days past, new and returning coaches would own up, apologize and defend appropriately, or GET SKIPPED UNTIL THEY LEARNED... with coaches returning, this notion that coaches should defend properly, which, has been the cause of many arguments, due, to deep passion and love for this game and EFC BELTS FUCKING MEANING SOMETHING, should make a return. Coaches, should be given an opportunity to be explained how t defend and if they willfully ignore, how to choose rightful contenders, they should be skipped.

Now, some of you are under the impression that title shots should be AC generated as to avoid missed resets from the rightful challenger not showing or the game taking it out of the coaches hand, I 100% disagree, as, I feel if there is a way to exploit, like, how some coaches sit on streaks and magically log in for AC's they are invited to (Wow, how did they do that? Ya thunk?) and magically can find the "Accept Button" then an AUTO belt challenge WOULD AND WILL BE EXPLOITED, UNTIL EOPLE COMPLAIN FOR IT TO GO AWAY.

I ask my fellow coaches, will we honor EFC BELTS OR NOT? Are we so desperate, that we are willing to let coaches give shit defenses intentionally? And just say, fuck the rightful challenger?

Thread inspired by this

http://mmarmy.com/camp_display.php?id=96509
http://mmarmy.com/fighter_display.php?id=1735447

Now, these are Preliator defenses, and there's cherry picking, now, I can't in good conscious possibly put a belt in this coaches hands, knowing they knowingly ignored my kind and polite message, to simply give shots to a coach who knowing has a pattern of missing resets (life happens, but, you can log in if you have one champ and check and defend in a twelve hour span, I never bought into you can't, unless in 2022, you have no internet access on your phone or game down when you are available, sometimes I log in, to defend for OTHER COACHES to GET THIER OPPORTUNITY)

And willfully ignores the message without inquiring, what happened. I get it, there's camp with four thousand something fights along with ZERO EFC BELTS. I don't expect everyone to just defend with honor or have the knowledge, but, to ignore it completely...hey.

That Xtreme Grappling guy skipped me a while back, I left a polite message, they deleted it (Fine, long as they read and defend properly, you do not have to like the other coaches) when I sent a PM to ask their thoughts, they removed themselves, without responding, see, that's a dick move, but, I would not skip that guy, because, he's unsavory, because, it's not about my feelings, it's about, what's best for the overall game. Game needs some form of integrity at some levels and, if the coaching base has gone fucking soft and we can't educate those who are new and returning, peacefully, before taking actions, how can we truly say, we deserve the growth we want, the updates we want, or the community we want?

Game was at the height and we were straight forward, abrasive, and not afraid to confront shit shots, that was just another day. We do not have to do the arguing anymore, but, we should be mindful and intentional with moving forward as a unity and community, by recognizing and enforcing consequences for shit shots, with the ability to forgive and accept coaches who come around

#513087 - 08/15/22 11:30 PM Re: Would you ever give this camp EFC title shot? [Re: Trite]
Trite

And waiting for you coaches who will tell me checking 2-4 fighters win streaks is too much hard work, when, coaches literally asked Chief for the ability to see what the ranks of the fighters were, during the fight, so, coaches could give more accurate title shots for best streak during the active reset...

#513088 - 08/17/22 04:18 AM Re: Would you ever give this camp EFC title shot? [Re: Trite]
Picograms95

Loc: Germany
I've gotten some very strange title challenges aswell. Sometimes idk if the champ sent it out to the deserving challengers but no one responded so he sent it to mine, or they straight up dgaf and send it to the "easiest" in the top 10.. Stuff like fighters sitting on a 4, 5 fight win streak but he sends it to my guy who lost last reset and stuff like that.

Sadly idk the name anymore but will keep an eye out in the future.

I am not immune to sending out questionable title shots, but thats only in T1 or T2, PREL and EFC I always watch the winning streaks and the stats on the opposition they faced. Sometimes it's also due to my time zone, most top 10 already fought by the time I wake up and I have to send it to less deserving challengers, just so that I don't get stripped.

If you are in that position, where I am the title holder and you know you are the #1 contender, send me a request and don't fight your dude. I will always give the shot to the most deserving contender!

I agree with you Trite, we should hold everyone more accountable when it comes to title etiquette. But you need to understand, going for fewest missed resets nowadays can be pretty hard since less people play and also check less each reset. fighting each reset is the goal but barely doable, sadly.

TLDR; got some weird title shots too, dont remember name but will keep eye out. Explaining why I have sent bad shots (only T1 and T2) in the past. I agree with Trite.

#513159 - 08/29/22 11:23 AM Re: Would you ever give this camp EFC title shot? [Re: Picograms95]
MMA Phreak

where is the general title etiquette thread? apparently some long time players still don't know it.

Who's Online
1 Registered (Simon), 113 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod