Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46769 - 06/28/08 10:14 AM Training a guy further? [Re: JaeVoorhees]
JaeVoorhees

Loc: The Ark, CA
So, I'm starting to get a feel for setting up my camp, and I'm sparring my guys with each other based on who has a higher stat, but there's a pinnacle when you're trying to train a stat beyond 1 star. I've bought equipment for the camp, but am curious as to if there are any other ways to train further?

#46770 - 06/28/08 10:22 AM Re: Training a guy further? [Re: JaeVoorhees]
Decommissioner

Loc: Canada
The idea is to make money with your starting guys to buy fighter slots. With these slots will hopefully come recruits with nice starting stats 2 - 2.5 stars which can train your guys early on. Basically you should not train anything unless the person he is sparring with is greater than or equal to your stat level.

Otherwise you face many sparring sessions that give you no gains.

http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display.php?id=15181

#46771 - 06/29/08 02:04 AM Re: Training a guy further? [Re: JaeVoorhees]
usnightmare76

Actually, I've noted some success with fighters training with partners who had a -.25 star rating in a stat, which helped a rise. It'll get a 'did nothing" message mostly if the fighter is a poor learner, and even then it's only a few times.

But training up beyond 2.75 stars is impossible with 50K equip. I think that requires 500K, as every fighter I've trained to get over 2.75 gets a "didn't gain much" message every time, regardless of how good a learner they are. It happens at such a frequency, as well, that it's almost a moot point to train beyond 2.75.

#46772 - 06/29/08 05:41 AM Re: Training a guy further? [Re: JaeVoorhees]
Decommissioner

Quote:
Actually, I've noted some success with fighters training with partners who had a -.25 star rating in a stat, which helped a rise. It'll get a 'did nothing" message mostly if the fighter is a poor learner, and even then it's only a few times.

But training up beyond 2.75 stars is impossible with 50K equip. I think that requires 500K, as every fighter I've trained to get over 2.75 gets a "didn't gain much" message every time, regardless of how good a learner they are. It happens at such a frequency, as well, that it's almost a moot point to train beyond 2.75.

It just takes a long time. Probably 8 sessions per quarter star. I'm sure with a good combo of partners you can get it down to 6 or so, 500k cuts it down another couple sparring sessions.

#46773 - 06/29/08 08:07 AM Re: Training a guy further? [Re: JaeVoorhees]
usnightmare76

Quote:
It just takes a long time. Probably 8 sessions per quarter star. I'm sure with a good combo of partners you can get it down to 6 or so, 500k cuts it down another couple sparring sessions.

I've tried, seriously. My other camp, which is now dying but still able to make money when I do log on, tries to train up over 2.75 and can't. It won't even give 1 good message, they're all bad. So it leads me to believe it's impossible, if not just down right unable.

I think about 4 sessions, once, all horrible training sessions to try and get over the hurdle with a really good trainer and a good learner. It was just weird seeing that. I wouldn't risk that on my main camp unless the fighter was rounded enough that I could trust a couple of missed sessions, or unless I figured it was their only option to survive.

#46774 - 06/29/08 09:22 AM Re: Training a guy further? [Re: JaeVoorhees]
Decommissioner

Quote:
Quote:

I've tried, seriously. My other camp, which is now dying but still able to make money when I do log on, tries to train up over 2.75 and can't. It won't even give 1 good message, they're all bad. So it leads me to believe it's impossible, if not just down right unable.

I think about 4 sessions, once, all horrible training sessions to try and get over the hurdle with a really good trainer and a good learner. It was just weird seeing that. I wouldn't risk that on my main camp unless the fighter was rounded enough that I could trust a couple of missed sessions, or unless I figured it was their only option to survive.

Might I recommend my approach to training?

Start keeping track in a log of who your guys train with, you will eventually see a pattern of who makes for good sparring partners for that individual and who doesn't. I like to have multiple guys as stat leaders so there are options for my fighters to spar with.

Anyways, here's one of my guys. Notice the trend of him training well with Denny Reinhold (granted he is a quick learner). It only took 4 sessions to get to 2.75 Flexibility with 50k equipment. I'll let you know how long it takes for 3.0 Flexibility;

Ben Wiltsie:

Reflexes: 2 x complete - Denny Reinhold (1.5)
Reflexes: 2 x complete - Denny Reinhold (1.75)
Reflexes: 2 x complete - Denny Reinhold (2.0)
Flexibility: 1 x complete - Denny Reinhold (2.25)
Flexibility: 3 x complete - Denny Reinhold (2.5)
Martial Arts: 3 x complete - Maurice Sherk (2.25)
Martial Arts: 5 x complete - Maurice Sherk (2.5)
Balance: 2 x complete - James Howard (2.25)
Balance: 3 x complete - Phil Bryant (2.5)
Speed: 2 x complete - Buddy Brooks (2.25)
Speed: 3 x complete - Buddy Brooks (2.5)
Footwork: 4 x complete - Sammy Ward (2.25)
Footwork: 3 x complete - Maurice Sherk (2.5)
Flexibility: 4 x complete - Denny Reinhold (2.75)

Who's Online
3 Registered (CatHerder, Gyptian, Mr. Judo), 940 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod