Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#57364 - 08/06/08 08:33 PM ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
Chachi

Okay, people seem to be coming back from their breaks. So here's a sticky for all the players coming back.

Welcome Back!

And for Sadbutrue

Quote:
so when is your IRC strike ending?

Quote:
when i can chat with people that play the game in there.

Since people are coming back Sad, we made you this get well soon card to overcome your IRC-itis:

Edited by (08/07/08 11:44 AM)

#57365 - 08/06/08 08:38 PM Re: ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
Sadbutrue

Loc: Brampton
hahaha wow that was quick... you guys cant handle a real strike.

#57366 - 08/06/08 08:42 PM Re: ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
MMA

Loc: Hell...San Diego
Quote:

we are worried about you...

depression kills

#57367 - 08/06/08 08:44 PM Re: ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
Sadbutrue

if a game would make me depressed i would have killed myself a long time ago

#57368 - 08/06/08 08:45 PM Re: ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
Chachi

Quote:
Quote:

we are worried about you...

depression kills

We suspected Sad was near the bottom of the depression dip. He's probably at acceptance now. WTG Sad!

Edited by (08/06/08 08:45 PM)

#57369 - 08/06/08 08:45 PM Re: ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
MMA

Quote:
if a game would make me depressed i would have killed myself a long time ago

you are welcome for us saving you

#57370 - 08/06/08 08:49 PM Re: ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
BlindPhaedo

Quote:

Well, we noticed some people weren't handling it very well. I don't think this board can handle a strike, and we definitely did not want to cause any damage the game. It was obvious that staying out any longer would cause a lot of harm, so we came back. Hopefully people will look back on this and laugh. :lol:

Sting Like a Butterfly
Float Like a Brick

#57371 - 08/06/08 08:50 PM Re: ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
theganjaman

You guys need to get a life.

#57372 - 08/06/08 08:51 PM Re: ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
MMA

Quote:

i think you need to get a life...amybe you need to take a break

#57373 - 08/06/08 08:52 PM Re: ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
theganjaman

Quote:
Quote:

i think you need to get a life...amybe you need to take a break

quit making me lol fucker

#57374 - 08/06/08 08:52 PM Re: ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
Remedylane

T T T
Quote:

aww you really did miss us smile

#57375 - 08/06/08 09:11 PM Re: ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
Sadbutrue

Quote:

that was the problem.

#57376 - 08/07/08 02:59 AM Re: ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
Absolut Zero

You've gotta be kidding me...you didn't actually expect people to buy that bullshit about 2/3 of the forum's active community leaving at the same time? At first it was just MMA doing another MMA thread, then it went on to another guy and I was like, "Oh no..." Then everyone jumped on the bandwagon. You guys came close to pulling off the joke...but it was just a little too grandiose.

#57377 - 08/07/08 04:57 AM Re: ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
Fletcher

Loc: From New Zealand But currently...
i knew this was guna happen

#57378 - 08/07/08 10:37 AM Re: ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
BlindPhaedo

Quote:
You've gotta be kidding me...you didn't actually expect people to buy that bullshit about 2/3 of the forum's active community leaving at the same time? At first it was just MMA doing another MMA thread, then it went on to another guy and I was like, "Oh no..." Then everyone jumped on the bandwagon. You guys came close to pulling off the joke...but it was just a little too grandiose.

I have to clear some things up...the breaks were not some well-organized attempt to fool people into thinking 2/3 of the forum people were quitting. It started first as a few people taking breaks coincidentally (Hector, Wocker, MMA) coming on the heels of lots of complaints over the forum being hostile to noobs (decom and lavos quitting, etc.). I decided to make a joke thread parodying the break threads, especially the people who complain about the community being hostile to them. I didn't expect people to believe I was actually quitting (I mean, c'mon...I'm quitting because Chachi won't make pictures of Jascha and giving my camp to Decom? lol). I was actually very surprised that so many people, even people who should have known better, believed my thread was genuine and responded with either shock, genuine sympathy, or anger.

Chachi saw my post and decided to continue the joke (like I say, it was not planned ahead of time, I originally thought my thread would be the only one of its kind...oh how wrong I was) by confessing to everything I accused him of and more as well, then going on break himself. Soon everyone on irc was joining in, then even random people who had no communication with us. We didn't plan it that way and absolutely didn't expect people would take it seriously (in fact none of us even stopped playing). Also, no one expected to create so much hostility over a joke.

In any case, with so many people joining in, the joke got way out of control. The board was filled with break threads and even more so with anti-breaker
threads from people assigning all kinds of crazy motives to us (I think the most outrageous was that the break threads were a calculated attempt to destroy the game). Admins were taking action, threatening bannings to future breakers etc. We realized we needed to defuse the situation so we organized a series of back from break threads and Chachi came up with the idea of a card for Sad. Hopefully, people can now see that the break threads were just a joke that snowballed out of control and had no malice behind it.

For all those who enjoyed the joke, I'm glad you were entertained. laugh For everyone else, I'm sorry. :oops: Personally, these past few days will always be a very funny memory for me. Thankfully, no one got hurt or banned. 8)

Sting Like a Butterfly
Float Like a Brick

#57379 - 08/07/08 10:42 AM Re: ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
Sadbutrue

i am still trying to think who i should ban to make a point

#57380 - 08/07/08 11:25 AM Re: ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
edthepimp

Loc: Backseat Of Your Car
ban me sad... im too sexy for this forum

#57381 - 08/07/08 12:03 PM Re: ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
Absolut Zero

Quote:
Quote:

I have to clear some things up...the breaks were not some well-organized attempt to fool people into thinking 2/3 of the forum people were quitting. It started first as a few people taking breaks coincidentally (Hector, Wocker, MMA) coming on the heels of lots of complaints over the forum being hostile to noobs (decom and lavos quitting, etc.). I decided to make a joke thread parodying the break threads, especially the people who complain about the community being hostile to them. I didn't expect people to believe I was actually quitting (I mean, c'mon...I'm quitting because Chachi won't make pictures of Jascha and giving my camp to Decom? lol). I was actually very surprised that so many people, even people who should have known better, believed my thread was genuine and responded with either shock, genuine sympathy, or anger.

Chachi saw my post and decided to continue the joke (like I say, it was not planned ahead of time, I originally thought my thread would be the only one of its kind...oh how wrong I was) by confessing to everything I accused him of and more as well, then going on break himself. Soon everyone on irc was joining in, then even random people who had no communication with us. We didn't plan it that way and absolutely didn't expect people would take it seriously (in fact none of us even stopped playing). Also, no one expected to create so much hostility over a joke.

In any case, with so many people joining in, the joke got way out of control. The board was filled with break threads and even more so with anti-breaker
threads from people assigning all kinds of crazy motives to us (I think the most outrageous was that the break threads were a calculated attempt to destroy the game). Admins were taking action, threatening bannings to future breakers etc. We realized we needed to defuse the situation so we organized a series of back from break threads and Chachi came up with the idea of a card for Sad. Hopefully, people can now see that the break threads were just a joke that snowballed out of control and had no malice behind it.

For all those who enjoyed the joke, I'm glad you were entertained. laugh For everyone else, I'm sorry. :oops: Personally, these past few days will always be a very funny memory for me. Thankfully, no one got hurt or banned. 8)

Hehehe, good post.

Although I gotta make a statement saying Decom wasn't a noob. Lavos I heard was an ass and everybody was happy to see him quit.

#57382 - 08/07/08 01:22 PM Re: ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
Sadbutrue

Decom was not a newb apparently he started a long time before his last camp. He just like to use it as an excuse to crush cans and duck fights.

Its like me starting a new camp and saying i am a newb.

#57383 - 08/07/08 03:41 PM Re: ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
MuadDib

NEMESIS
Quote:
Decom was not a newb apparently he started a long time before his last camp. He just like to use it as an excuse to crush cans and duck fights.

Its like me starting a new camp and saying i am a newb.

Did not know that. If you have the knowledge from accumulated experience, you can get a camp up and running pretty quickly. It is when you move up to the top echelons that the difficulty level increases exponentially.

#57384 - 08/07/08 06:54 PM Re: ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
ocmmafan

Loc: The OC
Quote:

You can ban people? I didnt know that.

#57385 - 08/07/08 06:57 PM Re: ~*~>OFFICIAL BACK FROM BREAK THREAD<~*~ [Re: ]
Sadbutrue

Quote:
Quote:

You can ban people? I didnt know that.

I am an admin <_<

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
4 Registered (BlimBlapZing, CatHerder, GoodkidCC, Gyptian), 188 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod