BOUNTY HUNTERS (Running)

Posted by: Beast Mode

BOUNTY HUNTERS (Running) - 05/20/10 08:24 AM

Bounty Hunters,

I have a proposition for you:

It's an eight-week competition, a trial of durability and resolve that will ask you to seek out and execute as many bounties as you're capable of. I'll be assigning you requisite tasks beginning June 1st, assigments I expect for you to carry out to your utmost. Each week, a new bounty will be instituted, replacing the old one. For each bounty you make good on, you'll earn one bounty point.

Sounds simple, doesn't it?

Bounties

Bounties will be placed on certain tasks and accomplishments that I'll ask you to seek out, beginning from the Monday am reset all the way until the Sunday am reset. The only reset not in play will be the Sunday pm reset, which will be used to premiere the following week's bounty. You'll be asked to complete a series of odd tasks: you might be asked to, for instance, defeat as many fighters named Jim as possible within a one-week span. On Sunday, you'll send me a private message with all the links detailing your collected bounties, and for each successful occurence, you'll receive one bounty point. So, kick the asses of as many Jims as possible, and perhaps you'll find yourself atop the leaderboard. Remember though: you only get credit for bounties if they're documented, so keep those links through the week and send them to me at the end.

Special Bounties

Beyond regular one-point bounties, there will be special, particularly difficult bounties offering ten points apiece. Some weeks, these special bounties will be available to be claimed by only one person, meaning the person who does the best will collect all ten points. Other weeks, it'll be open to all players. Be advised: you'll need to be cunning, astute, and just plain lucky to collect these.

Player Bounties

On week five, it will be time to even the score. For those of you being outpaced by the leaders, you'll have your opportunity to assassinate your fellow bounty hunters by taking points from others' totals and adding them to your own. That's all I can say on this for now. More will come immediately before week four begins.

Leaderboard

The Bounty Hunter leaderboard will be updated on Monday of each new week. Players who do not submit a bounty report via midnight on Sunday will not be eligible to receive points. Be advised that there will be no exceptions whatsoever on this; in order to be fair, the cut-off will be 12 pm sharp. Not 12:02 or even 12:01.

Sign-Ups

Players are now eligible to sign up. Limit one camp per player. Post your name and camp below, and updates will come regularly. Deadline for sign-ups is May 31st at 11:59 pm, or right before the first bounty.

Rules

The only rules are that all MMArmy rules must be followed for the full duration of the competition. That means no feeding, folks. The bounties will be designed as best as possible not to favor camps of a particular experience level or style base, so don't worry much about that.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/20/10 08:25 AM

Leaderboard (Through Week Three):

Leaderboard:

The Leader
Decommissioner, GSP Nuthuggery, 133

The Remaining Seven
Jbear, The Bus Riders, 125
Robj23, Team Smash, 118
Wankrupt, Brawl N Ground N Pound, 112
Black-Santa, Team Ochocinco, 99
Spidey, Spidey MMA, 66
Pain, Pain House, 60
CCF, Full Contact Canucks, 25

The (ELIMINATED) Bounty Hunters
Crippler, iCe MMA Academy, 10
ShogunHua, ZooTork, 10
Train2K, Headhunters Inc., 8
DrinkDrankCrunk, Yeltsin, 3
Godfather, Goodfellas, 3
Warren, Southern Yankees, 2
Fouligor, Who Dat Ninja Turtle, 1
urnerds101, beastmode101, 1

Week Six Summary: It's official: jbear and Decom are tied for first place with 124 points apiece. Weeks seven and eight will decide our first Bounty Hunters champion! Rob and Black-Santa are still in it, however, and can make a comeback with a huge showing. For the rest, spots in the top five are still up for grabs.

Sign-Ups:

1. Pain: Pain House
2. Warren: The Southern Yankees
3. Teshore: Hells Lair
4. Crip: iCe MMA Academy
5. Chachi: TheChachiTeam
6. Black-Santa: Team Ochocinco
7. DrinkDrankCrunk: Yeltsin
8. Acer: Groundhogs
9. Ehrod: The Brooklyn Brawlers
10. DYTI: In the butt
11. Ho brah!: ffnd
12. RugerJitsu: Team Reality
13. jbear: The Bus Riders
14. Wankrupt: Brawl N Ground N Pound
15. robj23: Team Smash
16. Toi Tanks: toi tanks
17. Decommissioner: GSP Nuthuggery
18. Toj: Flojian Academy
19. spidey: Spidey MMA
20. cool person: beastmode101
21. fouligor: Who Dat Ninja Turtle
22. Openeye: Tuga Fighting Systems
23. tc1312: Camp Rear Naked Choke
24. geezhound: Hard Knocks
25. PhilCam: Athlon MMA
26. Caleb Archer: Team Shakes
27. migrantworkers: migrantworkers
28. Godfather: The Goodfellas
29. CCF: Full Contact Canucks
30. Mark: MJA Fight Squad
31. Train2K: Headhunters Inc.

Bounty hunters, I have a proposition for you:

As we begin our competition, you’ll be offered two bounties, one regular, the other special. Regular bounties are easier to come by and are worth one point. Special bounties are exponentially more difficult and therefore worth ten. But of course, you already know that, seeing as you’re all well-versed in the rules of this little competition…
Here is my proposition for week one:

I’m putting a bounty out on camps young and old this week. It’s time someone puts those age-old, AARP-eligible geezer veterans in their place, so one point will be issued out for every fighter you defeat from a camp with a January 2008 join date. Sorry, January only. And while I’m at it, some of these young whippersnappers need to be taught a lesson as well! Put a hurting on a fighter from a camp with a May 2010 join date—by a “hurting,” I mean a victory—and you’ll get a point as well. Good luck against all those other camps in between, but don’t expect anything more than zilch (if I’m generous, nada) for victories against all of those guys.

As you all know, I need links to fights to verify your tally, so store links throughout the week and email them to me via PM on Sunday. Please, don’t send me a hundred PMs as the week goes along! Microsoft Word is your friend, and (s)he’d be willing to do you a solid by saving all your links in one location until the proper time. You only get credit for the fights you send me via PM, so be sure to get those in.

And now, for the week’s special bounty: I know you’re all able-bodied bounty hunters, but I need you to moonlight as excorcists for the week. That’s right – I’m putting a bounty out on all fighters ranked #666. El diablo has no business in MMArmy, and neither do these satanic cultists. Find fighter #666 and defeat him and you’ll earn a whopping 10 points. Naturally, only one camp will have the opportunity to get this special bounty per reset, to break out the holy water and Bible-thumping before your competitors can say, “the power of Christ compels you!”

Since this special bounty’s, well, special, I need for you to PM me any special bounty accomplishments the reset in which it occurs. Why? Well, because fighter ratings change every reset, silly! This is contrary to the procedure I will normally call for, PMs on Sunday only, but it’s the only way I can verify the validity of your claims.

To reiterate, week one’s bounties:

Young (May 2010) and Old (January 2008): One Point.
The Exorcists (Fighter #666): Ten Points.

Best of luck.

We’ve reached the second week in our two-month journey, and some of you have made quite the killing. Yet the raison d’etre for the bounty hunter is not the quick score, but the reputation earned after many successful hauls. You have quite a ways to go, all of you!

This week, your mettle will be tested in two basketball-themed bounties. My Celtics are squaring off against the Lakers in the NBA Finals, and with the passing of the late John Wooden, it seems an opportune time for these two bounties to be offered to you all.

Here is my proposition for week two:

To truly know your enemy, you must study him; bounty hunters, you have not yet been required to pay closer attentions to the fighters you pummel, and this will soon change. Taking their grooming cues from the heyday of the ABA and the NBA of the 1970s, fighters throughout MMArmy have adopted the high top fade—a look NBA rookie Brandon Jennings returned to some semblence of popularity—and the afro as the en vogue follical stylings of MMArmy. These looks, delightfully retro yet still hip, could use a little refashioning. Bounty hunters, break out your cutters, trimmers, scissors, and razors: your task this week is to finish any fighter with a high-top fade or an afro. You must finish your opponent! In the words of one man who knows less about hair than anyone else, Dana White: “don’t leave it in the hands of the judges!”

Every time you finish a fighter with a high-top fade or an afro, you earn one point as per this week’s regular bounty. If you need to re-educate yourselves on what eligible opponents look like, the ‘fro (hair style 30) and the ‘fade (hair style 38) can both be observed here:

The High-Top Fade
The Afro

Now, here’s your special bounty for the week: defeat any player who shares a name with a NBA player currently on a roster and you’ll earn a whopping ten points. There’s nothing that I detest more than a fraud, and these fighters have masqueraded as other professional athletes for long enough. Be aware though: this won’t be nearly as easy as it sounds! These imitators are rare and only astute players will discover them.

Remember, only active players currently on a NBA roster will be eligible. That means you’d be advised to use a site with NBA rosters (I’d suggest sports.yahoo.com) to check rosters if you’re not sure. Most players don’t exist in the MMArmy universe, but among my Celtics, there have been from time to time fighters named Ray Allen, Nate Robinson, and Glen Davis.

Don’t despair! They’re rare, but they do exist.

One final, albeit very important point: you will only be allowed to score points over a particular opponent once per week. This rule goes for both challenges, meaning that if you kick Kobe Bryant's ass, you can't challenge him again...and again...and again...and score a bazillion points.

To reiterate, week two’s bounties:

Finishin’ Fros and Fades: One Point.
NBHA (National Bounty Hunter Association): Ten Points.

Best of luck.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/20/10 08:26 AM

Bounty Hunters, I have a proposition for you:

Week two was a tremendous disappointment for me. Most bounty hunters were unable to take advantage of the bounties I posted. Clearly, you bounty hunters are not yet ready for the truly difficult challenges that lay ahead! As a corrective measure, I've two bounties that, I hope, will allow for you bounty hunters to get back on track.

With UFC 115 in the books, this week's bounties are reminiscent of the evening's main event, in which Rich "Ace" Franklin put the career of Chuck Liddell on ice. It was the end of a historic career for "The Iceman," a former UFC Light Heavyweight champion who lived and died by stalking opponents and hurling his now-legendary overhand right. This week, you'll be asked to play the role of Ace on your unfortunate competition.

Your regular bounty for the week concerns first-round finishes. With Chuck Liddell's career ending at the end of the first round, it seems fitting to award bounty hunters for each first-round finish they can post. Every time you achieve that distinction, you'll be awarded one point. If this sounds simple, then the week's special bounty won't sound quite so easy, and will require attention to detail on your part.

Speculation ran rampant when Liddell was KO'd by Mauricio "Shogun" Rua that The Iceman was finished. Liddell, pleading for one final chance, came into Saturday's fight in the best shape of his life, but following another brutal knockout, it now appears that his career is indeed over.

This week, you'll be asked to play the role of career killers. For the special bounty, you'll be awarded 10 points every time you beat a fighter in what ends up being his final fight as a professional. This can occur in several ways:

If you fight a fighter during a pm reset and he retires that night, you'll be given 10 points, provided you win.

If you defeat a fighter during an am reset in what ends up being his final fight before retiring, you will also be eligible for 10 points.

And finally, if you defeat a fighter who, following your victory, is manually retired, you'll be awarded 10 points. There is one stipulation, however: to keep bounty hunters from racking up points against 0-1 retirees, your opponent must have fought at least 20 times over the course of his career.

To reiterate, here are the bounties for the week:

Regular Bounty, Don't Blink: One Point.
Special Bounty, Career On Ice: Ten Points.

Best of luck.

Bounty hunters, I have a proposition for you,

This week is a special week. For those of you lagging behind, you'll have a chance to get back into the fray. For those of you ahead, you'll have the opportunity to take out a fellow competitor.

There are two ways to score points this week. The first is simple: beat a fighter from another camp in this competition and you earn a point. Sounds good, doesn't it?

There is another, crucial way to score points: the player bounty. Each of you will receive via PM on Sunday night the name of one opposing camp. No one will know who others camps have been assigned, and no one will know to whom THEIR camp has been assigned. Your task will be to seek that camp out and defeat it. For every time you beat them, you take points away from their total score and add to yours. The effect multiplies during the week, ensuring the possibility that you can demolish an opposing player by racking up the victories. Here's an idea of how points will be assigned:

First victory: one point subtracted from them, one point added to you.
Second victory: two and two.
Third victory: three and three.
Fourth victory: four and four.
Fifth victory: five and five.

After the fifth victory, the score resets, and you return to the one-point starting point. If your target camp runs out of points, you still receive the points you're due, while their score remains 0.

This is a critical point in the game for all camps. Do you simply choose not to fight any of the other opposing camps for fear of being decimated by the camp assigned the task of hunting you down? Or do you fight everyone and anyone in an attempt to rack up bounty points? Your strategy may very well determine the winner of this competition.

Best of luck.

We've reached the second half of our competition, and some of you have done well...up until now. The bounties are going to get more difficult as our competition runs it's course!

Continuing our run of mixed martial arts-themed bounties, this week's fights concern everyone's favorite God-fearing Russian, Fedor Emelianenko. This pot-bellied pugilist lost for the first time in over a decade via submission to Fabricio Werdum, and you'll be playing the role of Werdum, the "Emelianenko hunter" after accumulating wins over both Fedor and his brother Alex.

The regular bounty is simple: Russian fighters are on the week's menu. This is the first nationality-themed bounty of the season: for every Russian fighter you defeat, you will earn one bounty point. So, treat Mother Russia as if she were Joan Crawford in Mommy Dearest and you'll attain plenty of points in no time!

Your special bounty is going to be much more difficult. After Fabricio Werdum perpetrated the ultimate c-c-combo breaker! by ending Emelianenko's 27-fight unbeaten streak, you'll have to do the same to get a cool ten points.

No, you won't have to end a winning streak of THAT length. Let's say that every time you beat a fighter with a winning streak of at least TEN fights, you'll get points equal to the number of consecutive wins that fighter had. This is the first time the special bounty has been worth a MINIMUM of ten points - and it might not be the last!

So, in summation:

Regular Bounty (Red Scare) - One Point
Special Bounty (Beat the Streak) - Ten+ Points

Best of luck.

This week, we're celebrating the Fourth of July in style. Create fireworks with your American-born brethren and you'll be rewarded handsomely. Let me explain:

Our regular bounty for the week will require you to pay close attention to fighter and camp nationality. Every time you beat an American fighter from an American camp, you'll receive one point. Since there are so many American fighters running around, these must also be from American camps! Don't forget to check both affiliations.

So, what better way to celebrate Independence Day than by pummeling my compatriots into a red, bloody pulp? Your special bounty for the week will be a new addition to our stable of possibilities. You'll be asked to pay attention to fighter attire; namely, a fighter's shorts. Anyone caught wearing shorts reminiscent of the American flag--there are four possibilities here--is worth a whopping 10 points! Be warned: the stars and stripes is not as prevalent as you might expect!

So, to reiterate:

Regular Bounty (Seeing Stars and Stripes): One Point
Special Bounty (Red, White, and Bruised): Ten Points

Best of luck.

This week, I have some new bounties for you. As we near the end of this two-month journey, the field of contenders has been whittled down to the point that I know them by name. And it'll be names that you'll be asked to know for this week's regular bounty.

Needless to say, MMArmy has produced some rather odd names. Anyone who has ever recruited a fighter with "66" for their last name can attest to that. This week, you'll be asked to seek out those fighters who have two first names. Adam James, watch your back!

For each of these poor double-identity fighters you topple, you'll receive one point. Now, to uncomplicate what could be a tricky situation, I will do this: for every last name you claim to be a "first name," I will accept only those entries that appear in MMArmy as first name. So, Tony Scott would be acceptable, since Scott is in play in MMArmy as a first name. Tony 7, however, is not, regardless of how much Seinfeld you've watched over one lifetime.

For your special bounty, the same regular bounty will be in play. This is the first week I've offered this prize: the special bounty is the same as the regular bounty! Well, with one little caveat - you have to accomplish the regular bounty while in a title fight. Do that, and you'll net a cool ten points, on top of the one point you'll earn for the regular bounty.

Remember, only last names that have been used at least once in MMArmy as a first name count as an acceptable first name. Send me your links and crush your opponents in this, our final regular bounty week!

To reiterate, here are the week's bounties:

Regular Bounty (Nom de Pummel) - One Point.
Special Bounty (Nom de Pummel...for the belt) - Ten Points.

Best of luck.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/20/10 08:27 AM

Bounter Hunters, I have a proposition for you,

It's our final week. As promised, this will be an Assassination Bounty week, which means you will all receive a bounty target who you will be asked to assassinate. If you've forgotten the rules from the first Assassination week, please refer back to week four.

However, there will be one difference between this week and week four. Now that we've gotten down to the nitty gritty, only the top eight remaining players will be eligible. A list of the remaining eight competitors will be supplied below:

The Leader
Decommissioner, GSP Nuthuggery, 132

The Remaining Seven
Jbear, The Bus Riders, 128
Robj23, Team Smash, 118
Wankrupt, Brawl N Ground N Pound, 106
Black-Santa, Team Ochocinco, 99
Spidey, Spidey MMA, 69
Pain, Pain House, 52
CCF, Full Contact Canucks, 25

Assignments will be done at random. You will be receiving a PM within the hour 9-10 pm EST time with your assignment.

Once again, to reiterate the rules from week four, every win against your bounty target adds points to your score and subtracts from theirs. It's the ultimate equalizer! The point system works on a sliding scale:

First win: one point for you, minus-one for them.
Second win: two points for you, minus-two for them.
Third win: three points for you, minus-three for them.
Fourth win: four points for you, minus-four for them.
Fifth win: five points for you, minus-five for them.

If you beat anyone else's camp from the final eight, you receive one point per victory. And just for extra incentive, I'll give you two points for every time you finish a fighter from another camp of the final eight. This bonus won't apply to your target, however.

This is it - best of luck! To the winner go the spoils (and a prize).
Posted by: Pain

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/20/10 03:42 PM

Name - Pain

Camp - Pain House

http://mmarmy.com/camp_display.php?id=18963
Posted by: Warren

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/20/10 03:55 PM

Name: Warren

Camp: Southern Yankees

W.
Posted by: Teshore

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/20/10 04:22 PM

teshore

Hells Lair

http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display.php?id=44408
Posted by: Crippler

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/20/10 04:35 PM

Crip

iCe MMA Academy
Posted by: ThePandaMan

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/20/10 05:25 PM

ThePandaMan Can!

http://mmarmy.com/camp_display.php?id=25996
Posted by: Chachi

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/20/10 06:05 PM

Chachi

http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display.php?id=2685
Posted by: Black-Santa

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/20/10 06:55 PM

Black-Santa

Team Ochocinco
Posted by: DrinkDrankCrunk

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/20/10 07:06 PM

DrinkDrankCrunk

Camp - Yeltsin
http://mmarmy.com/camp_display.php?id=27393

Week 1 (Jan 08, May 10, 666):
http://www.mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3530765
http://www.mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3529600

Week 2 (Afro, High Top, NBA):
http://mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3561144

Week 3 (First Round Finish, Career Ender):
First Rounders:
http://mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3577569
http://mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3577744
http://mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3581918
http://mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3581980
http://www.mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3581982
http://www.mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3583633
http://www.mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3585366
http://www.mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3585867
http://www.mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3585868
http://www.mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3587882
http://www.mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3587892
http://mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3588184
http://mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3591012
http://mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3591149
http://mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3591151
http://mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3591200
http://mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3591655
http://mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3594117
http://mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3594119
http://mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3594120
http://mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3594121
http://mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3594684
http://mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3594827
http://mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3596129
Career Enders:
http://mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3585975

IG-88 comin to merc y'all.

Posted by: Big Ace

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/20/10 08:04 PM

Acer - Groundhogs
Posted by: Ehrod

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/20/10 08:17 PM

Ehrod - The Brooklyn Brawlers

http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display.php?id=7738
Posted by: DYTI

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/20/10 09:57 PM

DYTI

In The Butt
Posted by: Ho Brah!

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/21/10 01:46 AM

hmmm.... what the hell i'll give it a go.

ho brah!- ffnd

http://www.mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3536912 jan 25 2008
Posted by: RuGeRjiTsU

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/22/10 03:43 PM

i'm a bounty huntin mofo...mofo.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/22/10 03:44 PM

I will still be participating.
Posted by: Jbear

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/22/10 03:46 PM

yup yup

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/22/10 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: jbear
yup yup

I'm assuming this means, "sign me up." If not...oh well.
Posted by: Wankrupt

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/22/10 03:55 PM

sign me up
http://mmarmy.com/camp_display.php?id=39172
Posted by: The Robj23

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/22/10 04:08 PM

count me in
Posted by: Toi Tankz

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/22/10 04:12 PM

Name : Toi Tankz
Camp name: toi tankz
Posted by: Decommissioner

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/22/10 04:55 PM

I'll play.
Posted by: urnerds101

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/23/10 11:51 AM

name:cool person

camp: http://mmarmy.com/start.php
Posted by: Toj

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/23/10 12:09 PM

name: Toj (not as cool as that guy) ▲

camp: http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display.php?id=5847

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/23/10 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: urnerds101
name:cool person

camp: http://mmarmy.com/start.php

What's the camp name?
Posted by: Spidey

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/23/10 06:39 PM

Name:Spidey

Camp: Spidey MMA
http://www.mmarmy.com/start.php

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/23/10 07:43 PM

beastmode101
Posted by: FoulAdministrator

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/23/10 08:18 PM

Who Dat Ninja Turtle
Posted by: openeye

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/24/10 03:03 AM

Name: Openeye
Camp: Tuga Fighting Systems

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/24/10 04:50 AM

Bus Riders please. You have the Stop listed.

http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=43477
Posted by: TC

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/24/10 06:36 AM

camp rear naked choke

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/24/10 07:24 AM

Bus Riders please. You have the Stop listed.

http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=43477

Oh, so you want to use the active camp. Odd choice, but hey, whatever floats your boat. I'll fix it soon.
Posted by: Geezhound

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/24/10 03:40 PM

geezhound

Hard Knocks
Posted by: PhilCam

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/26/10 03:32 PM

Name: PhilCam

Camp: Athlon MMA
Posted by: Migrantworkers

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/26/10 10:55 PM

name: migrantworkers

camp: migrantworkers

(link in sig)
Posted by: The Godfather

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/27/10 01:27 PM

lol i just seen this thread after posting in the other one.

Name: the godfather
Camp: The Goodfellas
Posted by: CCF

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/27/10 02:49 PM

Name: CCF
Camp: Full Contact Canucks.
Posted by: Ev0lved

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/29/10 12:14 AM

Mark
MJA Fight Squad
Posted by: Train2K

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/29/10 08:34 AM

Name: Train2k

Camp: Headhunters, Inc.(link in the sig)

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/30/10 12:43 PM

Best event ever...
Posted by: Heigle

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/30/10 03:03 PM

Camp start.php has to be the clubhouse favorite with all the entrants.

Very cool idea beast, going to be a lot for work for you.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 05/30/10 04:03 PM

ROBJ23 = http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display.php?id=3173

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/02/10 09:49 AM

I bet I'm winning

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/02/10 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Decommissioner
I bet I'm winning

Probably...I only have 9 Bounties right now.
Posted by: Crippler

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/02/10 11:34 AM

i have 2 so far

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/02/10 07:59 PM

17 and counting.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/02/10 09:14 PM

jeezuz.

wish i had time to own this sucker, i've been missin resets with my f'ed work schedule.

btw, i was 666 a day ago and i WON ! thats gotta count for something!

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/03/10 12:43 PM

http://www.mmarmy.com/fighter_display.php?id=605808

http://www.mmarmy.com/showfight.php?fight=3540147

KaBOOM!!

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/03/10 02:14 PM

lol i sent him a similar challenge... I seen you got him dammit.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/03/10 02:42 PM

Impressive win by jbear, who gets the first bounty of the week. We've already had two players get rank #666, and at least one (Soviet) won their fight, but unfortunately, I never thought beforehand about awarding points in such a case. It sounds like a lot of players are racking up the points - keep it up guys! I'm looking forward to posting week two on Saturday and presenting the inaugural tally on Sunday.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/04/10 11:17 AM

Gonna take you a long time to tally the points and check all the fight links Beast Mode.

Props.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/04/10 12:15 PM

Gonna take you a long time to tally the points and check all the fight links Beast Mode.

Props.

I've done a few players' scores so far. If anyone wants to send me fights earlier than Sunday and just update their PM as they score more points, they're welcome to. I was initially adverse to this idea, but it's worked fine with those who have been doing it this way.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/04/10 08:44 PM

11 bounties so far

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/05/10 09:53 AM

The week two bounty is going to be posted sometime this evening. I'm getting a few PMs from players with their scores, and you're all welcome to give me what you've got so far and add to it tomorrow. It's probably going to take me an hour or so to verify all the bounties, so the more I can do now, the better. Pain (not to single him out) has come up with a very good method in which he sent me a PM that he's updating throughout the week by editing the original post and adding fights as he acquires them. I think that you're welcome to send me your bounties however you choose, and I won't hold anyone to one method or another, just so long as I receive everything by midnight (EST) on Sunday.

By the way, excellent job so far - some of these scores are really pretty impressive. My hope is that the bounties will get more difficult as we go along, but you guys are killing it right now.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/05/10 08:52 PM

lol @ week 2 i love it

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/06/10 06:08 AM

i've only got a couple so it won't take long to go through mine lol... i'm about to go to the amusement park so i'll pm ya when i get back.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/06/10 11:05 AM

Week four, being a special week, has been posted. I intended not to do this so soon, but I really want to give people time to prepare for it.

This week is one way in which players who fall behind early don't automatically feel the need to quit. It also injects some strategy into the game, and, I hope, offers a nice change of pace. I'm actively seeking suggestions and comments on this week. I've tried to discourage excessive ducking by offering a point for each fighter from an in-competition camp you beat. Do I need to do more? And is the multiplier for the victories you earn over the camp you're assigned to defeat too generous? Should it be lowered?

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/06/10 11:57 AM

I think that the point bonus will get to high.

I recommend something like:

then reset back to 0

Or something along those lines, otherwise someone going from 1 point to 9 point per fight may win the whole competition on one week. Really good idea though for 4, aside from the point thing getting too crazy.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/06/10 12:16 PM

I think that the point bonus will get to high.

I recommend something like:

then reset back to 0

Or something along those lines, otherwise someone going from 1 point to 9 point per fight may win the whole competition on one week. Really good idea though for 4, aside from the point thing getting too crazy.

I'm trying to guess what the average number of victories will be, as well as what the average number of points by week 4 will be. I'm guessing that there will be lots of players with 50+ points by then. 1/2/3/1/2/3 seems a little low, whereas my system is too high. Would 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/etc. sound better, or is that still too high?

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/06/10 12:17 PM

I think going to 10 is way too high, I mean why penalize the camps getting fights in. I dunno just how I see it.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/06/10 12:23 PM

I think going to 10 is way too high, I mean why penalize the camps getting fights in. I dunno just how I see it.

Makes sense. I want this week to have an impact, but I don't want it to nullify all the other weeks and the work that people have put in to be near the top of the rankings. I'm interested in other suggestions when other players read this.
Posted by: DYTI

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/06/10 05:37 PM

So I have been in Vegas for the weekend and was way too busy at work the last week so I've hadn't had time to get any bounties in... Hopefully it won't be so crazy this next week and I can try to make up some points

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/06/10 10:57 PM

week 2 is gonna be sick. great tourney so far.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/07/10 08:18 AM

Rankings have been updated with all the scorers listed. Jbear and his three special bounties put him over the top, but a number of players had excellent first weeks. For those of you who didn't score, now's the time to jump into the fray and earn some points.

I'm thinking that the top five might all be able to earn some sort of award/medal/banner. I don't know what it will be yet, but I have almost two months to figure it out. So don't despair if you missed week one!

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/08/10 01:00 PM

I dunno about you people but this week is going to be slow. Too many damn cracka's in this game.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/08/10 10:04 PM

I dunno about you people but this week is going to be slow. Too many damn cracka's in this game.

Agreed. I have 0 bounties for this week. I have been on the hunt for basketball player names but it seems they are all retired or inactive hah. Tough week.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/09/10 07:00 PM

6 resets down, 0 bounties.

frown

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/09/10 07:04 PM

yup 0 bounties as well T.T

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/09/10 08:31 PM

Would it be a good idea for me to increase the value of the regular bounties for the week?

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/09/10 10:42 PM

I say leave it as is. Low bounty counts means everyone suffers this week.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/10/10 04:48 AM

Yep and there's already people making custom 0-0 fighters, so if you increase the bounties you'd have to police feeding etc.

Everyone is suffering this week. I even got my Nba.com site up inputting names that I beat haha.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/10/10 10:57 AM

why not just change it to beat those hairstyles rather than finish?

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/10/10 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Wankrupt
why not just change it to beat those hairstyles rather than finish?

Other thoughts on this? I honestly felt before the week that it would almost be too easy to ask for just a win, but in retrospect that obviously was not the case. If others like this idea, I will change it.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/10/10 12:39 PM

I say leave it the way it is and it should be hard to collect bounties !!!

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/10/10 12:42 PM

LOL I didn't even know you needed to finish to get a point. TBH I haven't even beaten an Afro or High-Top guy, heck I doubt I even fought one yet out of 100 fights.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/10/10 02:09 PM

At least one player is earning mucho points so far this week.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/10/10 02:11 PM

I'm guessing it's jbear with his army of 0-0 customized fighters lol
Posted by: Sharky

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/10/10 05:05 PM

Yeah well i haven't even come across any afro's or High top's in the lower orgs .. Just one and i lost to him on one of my suckass guys

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/11/10 04:41 AM

Jbear has earned a whopping 0 points. My army of 3 custom fighters has only fought 1 fight and happened to lose it.

The guy scoring mucho points is scoring them by fighting the bball players and i know who it is.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/11/10 07:16 AM

Well, I couldn't tell ya one NBA players name beyond Steve Nash and Kobe.

Pick a real sport like Hockey next time.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/13/10 08:48 PM

hey i was just wondering why i didnt get a point for the fight i sent you for week one. LOL i know i only had one, but still its something. Did i send you it wrong or something beast mode?

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/13/10 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By: urnerds101
hey i was just wondering why i didnt get a point for the fight i sent you for week one. LOL i know i only had one, but still its something. Did i send you it wrong or something beast mode?

I never received your PM. Send it again, if you have it.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/14/10 08:50 AM

In case you have yet to notice:

Week three bounties were posted yesterday evening. These have a UFC 115 theme, and are intended to be a little easier than last week's. I will be updating the rankings with week two scores today!

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/14/10 09:28 AM

I like this week, half my guys are flash finish KO machines lol

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/14/10 03:54 PM

Week 3 is looking mighty nice BM.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/20/10 04:38 AM

I wonder how many people got special bounty for fighting phreaks camp before retiring his guys, heh.

I haven't tallied my score yet but way better than last week

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/20/10 09:45 AM

Get those bounties in, guys! Expect a PM around MIDNIGHT (EST) tonight detailing who your player target will be and how scoring will work.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/20/10 09:55 AM

I did great this week.

3 Special Bounties.

Lets see if I can get anymore points before the reset is up.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/21/10 04:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Beast Mode
Get those bounties in, guys! Expect a PM around MIDNIGHT (EST) tonight detailing who your player target will be and how scoring will work.

They didn't come yet?

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/21/10 09:30 AM

I havent recieved a pm with my bounties either.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/21/10 10:33 AM

i just got mine, so expect em soon if you haven't yet

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/21/10 10:53 AM

Okay, everything should be all set. Week three scores are up and just about all the PMs are sent out. A few of you have full mailboxes - if that's you, clear some space, or else I can't give you your target! The targets for the week were randomly generated.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/21/10 11:02 AM

Looks like this thing is over. jbear will probably quit half-way thru the summer like he does all things leaving me the champ.

Oh I went there

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/21/10 03:58 PM

LoL. Cute...

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 06/27/10 10:58 AM

I have a suggestion,along with the announcing of the bounties,could you add what game months each week would include,i keep forgetting to see what date the bouties start.Also I see there are a few camps that were added,but they arent in the links.exp:ShogunRua

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS (Running) - 06/28/10 04:05 AM

Week 5?

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS (Running) - 06/28/10 10:30 AM

Everything has been updated. I will find out the game dates as per spidey's request and include them.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS (Running) - 06/28/10 10:39 AM

Thanks Beast,I think it would be alot easier to have them included

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS (Running) - 06/28/10 11:23 AM

If there are any mistakes in the scoring of if I forgot to update someone's score, let me know.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS (Running) - 06/28/10 03:55 PM

The Godfather was too afraid last week and his guys were nowhere to be found!

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS (Running) - 06/29/10 12:40 PM

i couldn't find ccf for the life of me. Beast, i'll send you my week 4 totals once i get a chance to calculate them.

also, did you ever add my week 3 pts? i know i got more than 3!

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS (Running) - 06/29/10 07:04 PM

Sorry I ended up being dead weight in the tourney Beast... i'm just now getting fighters so i'm having a hard time finding bounties.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS (Running) - 07/01/10 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: drinkdrankcrunk
i couldn't find ccf for the life of me. Beast, i'll send you my week 4 totals once i get a chance to calculate them.

also, did you ever add my week 3 pts? i know i got more than 3!

I'll go back and recount your points.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS (Running) - 07/06/10 03:51 AM

Sooo... We taking a week off or something?

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS (Running) - 07/06/10 05:36 AM

frown

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS (Running) - 07/06/10 08:09 AM

Sooo... We taking a week off or something?

guess so.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS (Running) - 07/06/10 08:56 AM

Sorry for the lateness, guys! Week six has been posted. I'm getting worse and worse at keeping myself on schedule, so I might just play it safe and post weeks seven and eight ridiculously early so as not to negatively affect the competition.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS (Running) - 07/06/10 01:58 PM

I demand a recount!

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/06/10 02:10 PM

I disagree with the 10 point, mainly because equipment can be switched and it would be hard to verify.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/11/10 03:04 PM

I hope you had a lot of bounties this week jbear or this thing is ovah, all I can say

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/11/10 07:51 PM

I hope you had a lot of bounties this week jbear or this thing is ovah, all I can say

I am with Decomm. I think I got 36 points this week.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/11/10 08:14 PM

damn and i thought i had a good week lol

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/11/10 08:21 PM

I thought I had a good week too...but I am betting that Decomm and Jbear got 50 some odd points apiece.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/12/10 05:41 AM

I have put very little effort into this thing from the start.

I haven't gone looking for any bounties besides the #666 one and like 3 russians. Everything else came from just combing through my fights after each day. Each week has taken me only a few minutes to tally up.

That said I only tallied up 26 this week.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/12/10 06:16 AM

Same, I just fight every reset and at the end of the week I look through 13-14 fights per fighter smile

Oh and I think you beat me Black Santa for the week

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/12/10 08:28 AM

I disagree with the 10 point, mainly because equipment can be switched and it would be hard to verify.

This point was brought up elsewhere to me, and it's a good point. Not many ten-point bounties were claimed, and I was lucky enough to not have to deal with a fighter who lost to one of our players, then switched gear. It's a point well-taken for me; I wanted to do at least one bounty with equipment, but it's tricky territory.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/18/10 09:51 PM

The stuff for the final week's going to be up tomorrow morning. Thanks to everyone who sent me scores for week seven - good luck the rest of the way!

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/18/10 09:56 PM

sorry i kind of fell off on this. just didn't have enough time to keep up on it. great concept and good luck!

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/18/10 10:47 PM

No Bounties for me this week. You would think that Allen would be a first name...but nope..can't find any Allens in the search. I'd have 20 points if that name showed up frown

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/20/10 04:35 PM

This first place trophy better be cool looking.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/21/10 06:55 AM

Sadly i wont really be able to compete this week since my monitor just fried. Wont get my new one till next week frown

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/25/10 09:18 AM

Good luck today! Get your fights in by midnight and I can have the results posted shortly thereafter.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/26/10 03:38 PM

I'm adding up the final tally now. If you haven't gotten your week eight score in yet...sorry. The top place finishers will be announced soon.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/26/10 03:55 PM

The final rankings:

1. Decommissioner, GSP Nuthuggery, 133
2. Jbear, The Bus Riders, 125
3. Robj23, Team Smash, 118

Congratulations to all the place finishers, and especially to Decom, our inaugural Bounty Hunters champion!

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/26/10 03:57 PM

Enjoyed the comp, thanks beasty!

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/26/10 04:02 PM

Decom will be getting a custom Beast Mode-designed banner and (more importantly) a few credits for his prize. I will give getting our top three a medal a shot, though I suspect for a competition like this, that's not going to happen.

I will be interested in hosting this again either six months or a year from now. Any constructive help on how I can improve this thing would be helpful. I thank those of you who stuck with it, as I know this idea was still very much a work in progress. I would also be interested in either getting some help next time around, or even offering the idea to someone else who would want to run with it.

Thanks for playing, everyone!

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/26/10 04:14 PM

Top 3 should get medals for sure as long as the tourney was and it was the 1st one ever smile!!!

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/26/10 07:46 PM

Thanks again Beast,this is one of the best events around for me.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/26/10 07:47 PM

Posted by: Teshore

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/26/10 07:47 PM

congrats decomm!

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/27/10 10:02 AM

I really liked this thing, good job Beast. It is sad that so little effort was put in by participants. I was very hyped for this thing but after week 1 noticed that very few were actually 'participating' I stopped actively seeking bounties. You don't even need to go after people to do well in this tournament, really all that is needed is checking once a week on Sunday for your score and it adds a little 'oopmh' to your wins.

I'll help if you run another Beast, but to be honest if only 5 people can be bothered to even check their scores after a week then it's not worth the effort.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/27/10 10:08 AM

As for suggestions, here is some that came to me.

1. Put a cap on a score for the week while adding points per bounty. I.E. the weeks where you had to fight another camp and were awarded exponential increases in points. Cap the week at 25 or whatever number you deem fair yet reward more points per win to encourage and award those camps that put in the extra effort. I won but had some weeks with only like 1 or 2 total bounties, guys that had 4-5 in a tough week should have had a lot more than a 3 point increase over me when other weeks you get mega points (like fighting russian camps or winning by finish etc.)

2. There should be season long bounties that last more than one week yet remain secret. I.E. pick an active fighter from a participating camp and make that guy a secret target for another. This could create unknown rivalries and reward points outside of the weekly objective.

3. All bounties involving a title fight should automatically be rewarded with more points (this was only done for some weeks.)

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/27/10 09:10 PM

Great tourney beast and grats decomm!!!

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/28/10 05:01 PM

This was the best event to date in my opinion. It took the most commitment from both you the organizer and its participants. The guys who were able to keep up with it made it an awesome race.

All of those players that missed this or dissed this truly robbed themselves of one of the best mmarmy experiences to date.

Bravo and thank you very much for the event.

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 07/28/10 05:23 PM

+ 1000

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS - 08/04/10 04:19 PM

Grats to Decomm. Awesome Tourney Beast. Sorry I crapped out at the end there...My hard drive died and I finally got a new one.