Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#138813 - 09/11/09 02:14 PM Suggetions: Condensed
Abalest

These are the suggestions I would like to see implemented. I am going to update this page as good suggestions come up.
I will update each of these ideas in detail when I have the time.

Two sections: Section 1: Functionality, Section 2: Keeping the game relevant

Section 1

1. issuing styled challenges
This is pretty straight forward, the ability to choose a primary and secondary style per each fight challenge, this would save us from having to issue a challenge, then retract and change our style to send out another one. This would greatly improve the game experience and save us a lot of time.

2.GUI Update, move some stuff around make navigation easier
As some people said i think the interface (not skins) could use a nice little update. I'm talking about where some buttons fall. In sparring one suggested that the drop down boxes of Primary stats and secondary stats be broken up, that could go here. As well as moving the retirement button to a place that is more apparent. Also, Beb's suggestion of showing the rankings at the ranking at the time of your opponent in record column. All these little things are included in this suggestion.

2. a coach note pad
A notepad that only the coach can see, so he can jot down strategies and sparring notes without having everyone see. Pretty simple, yet very useful when trying to keep track of your fighters.

4. camp rating
Add a rating based on the entire camps performance. There are many ways to do this. My suggestion is take all the fighters ranks above unranked and average them out, so you get a general feel of how the camp is doing. There are many more and more complex formulas that can be used to get a real accurate portrayal of how a camp is doing. Any math wiz want to offer up a good one?

5. mobile layout / iphone app / FACEBOOK APP
Many people play this game on iphones and black berries, so a mobile form of this game seems like an obvious evolution as everything is getting more and more hand held. Very similar to the difference between the standard google apps and the mobile. Development would be needed for the iphone app, but i think it would help bring in revenue and allow the game to be opened up to a whole new demographic.

6. selling items
This would be helpful to get money back from unnecessary items and would even help with my later suggestions. 50% of the original price would be completely fair to gain back, when you sold your purchasable clothing.

7. Organization consolidation and max fight amount
This game is way harder to start out for newbs than when i started back in december. We have organizations that have no one in it, or guys with 60 fights in a low level organization cherry picking all the newbs who will accept any fight. We need to take out some of the orgs that have no one in it, or restructure them so they have fight limits on it. For example, guys with +15 fights shouldnt be allowed back into NatF, the lowest they should be able to go is leap or jns, that should be a stomping ground for failed experienced fighters, where the lower orgs should have fight caps, so the newbs can flourish and not get frustrated.

8. Feather weight division as well as making the lower weights cut weight. Let's face it a heavy weight weighing 300 pounds has a much better shot at cutting to 265 than a skin and bones 170 pounder cutting to 155. I think as the weights drop the weight cutting ability should slightly diminish also. The featherweight division would help make guys previously useless, a little more useful.

9. Different weight classes for different organizations. As suggested by Beb, this would add another dimension to the game and mix up some of your fighters as well. You could have that 246 pounder who sucks at heavyweight, be king of a 235 pound division.

Section 2.

1. females
There have been many discussions on how to implement female fighters and the weight classes they should fight in. I offer this suggestion, make the female fighters a normal part of the game, or exactly like the male fighters. It's gonna be 2100 in a few years, we need to get with the times. By then the women will be just as tough as the men, so just put in female fighters in males. Chachi is doing great things with the artwork so half the work is done right there. This can be done two ways, make women have a chance of being recruited(like newer countries, but a tad higher rate), or make the choice when you start a camp be "Male:USA" vs "Female:Russia" so we can still choose the country we want.

2. Items: stat boosting gear
This is probably the biggest suggestion I have. Coming from an MMO background, I see how these companies stay afloat and keep their game fun fresh and relevant. Yes new content helps, but what everyone is really after is new gear. So I am proposing Items that increase stats,

They should come in four forms, common, uncommon, rare, and legendary. Legendary would be a random gift for winning a certain number of EFC titles, but even still have a very small chance to be won. Common, should be bought items, that have tiny tiny boosts, and they can vary in stat increases based on how much money, 1k just for looks, 50k +.25 to any stat, uncommon should be for fights in lower orgs, small chance to be won, but have slightly better stat boosts than common, then rare, in upper orgs, slightly better stat boosts than uncommon. We would have to raise the number of max stats to a higher number lets say 10, and keep the max trainable stats at 5.

The items would be bound to the fighter, where as you equip the item, you cannot unequip it, so you cant just pull off a good belt right before the guy retires every time.

The reason this is a great model to follow is that you can always add more items, and increase the max stat. This gives the game unlimited playability since people will be trying to get the best gear and make their fighter (who retire might i add) the best they can be.

3. more styles
This game needs some more styles in it. As mma evolves, there are different strategies being used more and more. We need to remain current. This would revive the game for a lot of players giving them new options to try out. The Rock paper scissor advantage would just have to be modified with a few new styles implemented.

4. tournament organizations
The alliance is what we use to keep the game fresh, so it would be really useful if we had an organization that we could put people in for tournaments. There would be no popularity gain or monetary gain in these organizations.

Updates to come.

Edited by abalest (10/22/09 09:23 PM)

#138941 - 09/12/09 02:48 AM Re: Suggetions: Condensed [Re: Abalest]
apachai

Nemesis
Condensed...and ignored by the powers that be, as always.

#138942 - 09/12/09 03:16 AM Re: Suggetions: Condensed [Re: apachai]
Crippler

Loc: Maryland
Originally Posted By: apachai

and u are?

#138964 - 09/12/09 07:44 AM Re: Suggetions: Condensed [Re: Crippler]
Pain

Loc: the 901
1. Issuing styled challenges

2. GUI Update + Only for the "Show rating at time of fight"

3. Coach note pad ++

4. Camp rating +

5. Mobile layout / iphone app

6. Selling items +

Section 2.

1. Females +++

2. Items: stat boosting gear + This is already an RPG why not completely gay out

3. More styles ~ What styles would be possible that isnt already in the game...Sumo?

4. Tournament Organizations

5. Organization Consolidation

Edited by PainHouselhoff187 (09/12/09 08:01 AM)

**MMArmy Football Fever I Champion**
THC: Truly MMArmy's #1 Alliance

#138994 - 09/12/09 10:51 AM Re: Suggetions: Condensed [Re: apachai]
RuGeRjiTsU

Loc: PA
Originally Posted By: apachai

i know who you are.

Team Reality

#139101 - 09/12/09 06:14 PM Re: Suggetions: Condensed [Re: RuGeRjiTsU]
Migrantworkers

Loc: DBA compound
it doesnt matter who it is given the fact that they are right on all accounts

Migrantworkers

#139102 - 09/12/09 06:16 PM Re: Suggetions: Condensed [Re: Migrantworkers]
Toj

Loc: Denver
Originally Posted By: migrantworkers
it doesnt matter who it is given the fact that they are right on all accounts

Thats total bullshit.

#139381 - 09/13/09 10:14 PM Re: Suggetions: Condensed [Re: Toj]
Migrantworkers

Loc: DBA compound
total bullshit that they are not right?....well that becomes a matter of opinion....i agree and i guess you disagree.....which is fine because i am right this second agreeably disagreeing with you

or

is it bullshit that someone thinks that they know who the one poster is and doesnt like that person (or their guess on who that person is) having an opinion?.....i dunno....if an anonymous newb comes up with an incredible suggestion with their very first post then what does it matter??....if a guy who has been banned after a long and illustrious career of all out flame fests makes a new name and has some good points....what is the problem?

anyhow toj....are you still the oldest remaining camp in that one thread about the original 1000?

Migrantworkers

#139386 - 09/13/09 11:28 PM Re: Suggetions: Condensed [Re: Migrantworkers]
TapNyaOUT

I've got an idea or two myself.
1. Being able to swap equiptment back in for other items of equiptment...lets say I've got 500k CONDITIONING and I want flexibility. Maybe I could trade it in at the place of purchase such as maybe an mmarmy equiptment store for what I paid for it or a little less such as like selling it back for 400k. So that way newer camps that don't do so well or learn fast can always move equiptment around. This should happen before we start swapping our underwear back in :P
2. Maybe even a scout option. Which would check the opponents record and tell us the percentages that they've used their primary style..(i know that's a touchy one so if ya disagree that's fine i just think it'd be cool)or maybe have another one lik instead of viewing each fighter in the org have a scout that would tell us which matchups that stylistically the fighter probably can't overcome.

Edited by TapNyaOUT (09/13/09 11:48 PM)

#139557 - 09/14/09 05:22 PM Re: Suggetions: Condensed [Re: Migrantworkers]
Toj

Loc: Denver
Originally Posted By: migrantworkers
total bullshit that they are not right?....well that becomes a matter of opinion....i agree and i guess you disagree.....which is fine because i am right this second agreeably disagreeing with you

or

is it bullshit that someone thinks that they know who the one poster is and doesnt like that person (or their guess on who that person is) having an opinion?.....i dunno....if an anonymous newb comes up with an incredible suggestion with their very first post then what does it matter??....if a guy who has been banned after a long and illustrious career of all out flame fests makes a new name and has some good points....what is the problem?

anyhow toj....are you still the oldest remaining camp in that one thread about the original 1000?
No, by total bullshit I mean that it isn't true, which means it isn't a matter of opinion. I believe he's saying that suggestions are always ignored. I can dig up a bunch of suggestions that have been implemented into the game in one way or another.
And no, I'm in 2nd now as far as I know. frown
But I believe I'm still the least successful oldest remaining camp. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
2 Registered (Foul, ThePandaMan), 134 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod