Page 31 of 32 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#514864 - 10/19/23 01:23 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Trite]
TC

Loc: Florida
I get that some people want these divisions, but I don't understand why.

You like recruiting those weights and gender, but why? Them not being around when you were before doesn't seem like an actual reason.

I am curious not confrontational.

2017 MMArmy Comeback Coach of the Year - Runner Up
2017 MMArmy Most Underrated Coach - Runner Up

#514865 - 10/19/23 01:24 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Foul]
TC

Originally Posted By: Foul
Remember when just getting to EFC was an accomplishment?

those were the days.

I remember commenting on my camp page - first efc fighter. First efc champ etc.

#514867 - 10/19/23 01:56 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: TC]
Trite

Originally Posted By: TC
I get that some people want these divisions, but I don't understand why.

You like recruiting those weights and gender, but why? Them not being around when you were before doesn't seem like an actual reason.

I am curious not confrontational.

I don't see anything from you as confrontational, not sure why you felt the need to clarify lol. Check this out, I simply stated my reasoning and you choose to not believe? Where's your curiosity coming from? You believe my response to be disingenuous in nature? What do I get out of that? You see how that can be misconstrued when you ask someone a question, based on their answer and you are implying what they are saying isn't true, just because it's not how you view things? Not sure if it was you, but I remember looking over an alliance members camp for them when they could not log in and even won them a belt with FS. Was that you TC? The only other reason, outside of them not being around and me getting to fight there now and see the belts in my collection is I run three camps. I cannot stand cock blocking my other camps. Less divisions, means I am running into myself. If I went back to one or two camps, I may see things differently.

I make personal goals for every camp, including EFC belts, HOF, number 1's, total of different champs. That's where I get my fun from. Seeing the Goals I write down get accomplished. But, we can't assume where the other coaches get their fun from this game. We all don't think alike and that's fine.

If these divisions collapsed and replaced with the divisions I mentioned I want belts in now 125 Men, 115 and 145 women, I might be more likely to say that's cool, but you are closing three for another three, but only two women genders, but that's selfish request.

#514868 - 10/19/23 02:04 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: TC]
ThePandaMan

Loc: U.S.A
Originally Posted By: Foul
Remember when just getting to EFC was an accomplishment?

those were the days.

I remember commenting on my camp page - first efc fighter. First efc champ etc.

It does feel abit cheesy having a 3-6 year old fighter in the EFC competing for efc title shots. I mean yeah some coaches were very good at training fighters but mst of those fighters would still be in tier 3 or 4 back in the hay day

#514869 - 10/19/23 02:05 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Trite]
TC

It's not a matter of believing or not. It's that saying because I like it doesn't explain why you like it.

Now that you've explained why you like it, it actually answers my original question.

My curiosity was in trying to understand why some people like certain divisions or gendered fighters since those things don't matter to me. So my curiosity is coming from a place of trying to better understand others viewpoints on the subject.

Since we are just communicating via text I wanted to clarify to ensure it wasn't interpreted differently is all.

#514870 - 10/19/23 02:28 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: TC]
Trite

It's not a matter of believing or not. It's that saying because I like it doesn't explain why you like it.

Now that you've explained why you like it, it actually answers my original question.

My curiosity was in trying to understand why some people like certain divisions or gendered fighters since those things don't matter to me. So my curiosity is coming from a place of trying to better understand others viewpoints on the subject.

Since we are just communicating via text I wanted to clarify to ensure it wasn't interpreted differently is all.

Yea, things get lost in text. I've never had issue with you and I don't start issues with people, I just respond accordingly when things are started with me or are unfair with game play. Long as game play not cheating coaches, I don't care about perspectives.

#514871 - 10/19/23 02:39 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Trite]
DrinkDrankCrunk

Id prefer more divisions. Bring in atomweight and super heavyweight.

#514879 - 10/19/23 03:42 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
TC

why do you feel that way?

#514882 - 10/19/23 04:11 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: TC]
DrinkDrankCrunk

More realistic, weight divisions make sense when weight is a factor, more opportunities for tournaments (queen of queens, etc), less congestion where you have several fighters in same division blocking each others, more meaningful fights per reset.

Openweight forum and legend tournaments can always happen to test the true best regardless of size grand prix style.

Legend tournaments will always be a way to seperate the paper champs from the true bad asses.

I just fucking hate the we dont have players, so we can't have nice things attitude and feel it is a self fulfilling prophecy to make the game shittier.

#514883 - 10/19/23 04:12 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
DrinkDrankCrunk

If a division gets thin, lets recruit and round it out. This has worked in the past.

Page 31 of 32 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 >

Who's Online
1 Registered (Gyptian), 1072 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod