Page 32 of 32 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#514887 - 10/19/23 04:53 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
TC

Loc: Florida
I agree with all of that with the caveat of having sufficient fighters to keep all the division competitive and meaningful

2017 MMArmy Comeback Coach of the Year - Runner Up
2017 MMArmy Most Underrated Coach - Runner Up

#514894 - 10/20/23 07:41 AM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Zakariya]
Pepster

Originally Posted By: Zakariya
Originally Posted By: Matty
Never understood the 'release the builds' mentality - i know theres alot of different parts of this game but why give away one of the biggest factors because people are bored of trying to figure them out, take away the mystery around builds and its just 'who has the best hiddens' so not even something in peoples power. So basically holding peoples hands to build a perfect build for their style and relying on the hiddens, which Chief already made a few visible of them anyway, like patience etc.
Why dont people just ask chief to give them a fighter, train him perfectly to a style and also tell them their hiddens aswell as fight them for the coach, might aswell have everything handed to you if youre wanting probably the biggest secrets of the game handed out

you should have read my post more carefully. the mentality is that is will make the game much more dynamic. we can build fighters with more styles and can switch it up more when having fights.

i only figured out mmartist so its not as if I have never played the game. the thing is i have also played other games and have a good understanding of what makes a game good. also the game is stagnant. its been stagnant for years and years. we aren't going to get any other changes and having more dynamic fighters will be good for the game. it would be more fun if everyone who has ran 1 style for a decade had the ability to change and be more fun. new players would have more fun and possibly stay longer. but like i said the game can't handle more players so its mostly so those of us who are here can have a more dynamic game. we could release the builds and then hide other fighters stats to take something away if you think that would be keeping it at the same "difficult level".

Amen to this. When you try to figure out a new style. You first gotta pick some stats you think apply. Then you gotta compete against guys who are using a correct fleshed out build. Which leads to you thinking is this style good vs X or is my build just wrong? (Giving the builds or even the style matchups would help a lot with this). Recently I'm running FF which always absolutely owned PL. I regularly get challenges from PL camps. Am I running the build wrong? Are my fighters shit? Is the style matchup different? I have no idea and I've played and accomplished quite a bit in this game. I can't imagine this for a new player.

Props to dudes who can figure out builds in this type of environment but most people just give up and build something that's already established. That's why 95% of the game has been the same styles forever. Would love to see a bunch of neo footwork or dirty boxing, but will just get standard wrestling build, 8 points, or PG.

There's very little payoff to trying a new style. You just plunge your camp into the abyss fighting dudes who most likely just copied a popular powerful build. Give people motivation to try new options or just continue to do the same 5 styles over and over again.

#514895 - 10/20/23 10:38 AM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Pepster]
TC

I don't like the idea of releasing the builds, but I do think we should have more information of how builds work.

We should know whether styles all have the same amount a lefts or not. Same amount of rights or not. Etc.

#514897 - 10/20/23 11:22 AM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: TC]
Trite

Originally Posted By: TC
I don't like the idea of releasing the builds, but I do think we should have more information of how builds work.

We should know whether styles all have the same amount a lefts or not. Same amount of rights or not. Etc.

All styles don't have the same amount of lefts and rights. This has been answered already.

#514898 - 10/20/23 12:39 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Trite]
TC

I'm just speaking generally. The framework of the builds should be known but not the builds themselves, imo.

#514899 - 10/20/23 12:41 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: TC]
TC

but frankly, that would be my suggestion. Each build should be two lefts and 3 rights, with conditioning helping all builds. And the sister style should share a left and 2 rights.

so to build a full switch you'd have 3 lefts 4 rights and conditioning.

I've always maintained with so many variables it's too tough to figure out the builds.

#514901 - 10/20/23 01:45 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: TC]
Pepster

I think for a new player it could make a world of difference for actually understanding the game before burning out. This isn't the most entertaining thing in the world anyway. Release one striking build, one submission build, and one wrestling build that new players can utilize to understand the basics of how the game even works. Besides that if it's really the "intrique of the builds" that keeps you coming back they can be re-worked after release anyway. Chief already had that SNB camp where he showed how to build SNB and still nobody used it lol. It also didn't blow the game wide open or anything like that. Idk just chucking out ideas to add some freshness to the game.

#514902 - 10/20/23 02:24 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Pepster]
BlimBlapZing

Another option would be to reveal the lefts for all builds and leave the rights a mystery.

Has been discussed a lot. Game did have the builds mostly revealed for a while before the last style add and rework. Found it to be a fun time personally, became much more about combining styles and guessing switches than it is now.
2014 most improved

Exploding heart technique -
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=101735

The Akuma
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=78847

Running with Scissors
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=103516

Bone Machine
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=103453

#514903 - 10/20/23 03:54 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: TC]
Trite

Originally Posted By: TC
but frankly, that would be my suggestion. Each build should be two lefts and 3 rights, with conditioning helping all builds. And the sister style should share a left and 2 rights.

so to build a full switch you'd have 3 lefts 4 rights and conditioning.

I've always maintained with so many variables it's too tough to figure out the builds.

All paired styles share 1-2 lefts

#515095 - 11/02/23 01:35 PM Re: 2020 Suggestion Thread (All-in-One) [Re: Trite]
TC

I understand that. What I was suggesting is that all builds be uniform.

Each build should have 6 main stats. 2 lefts and 3 rights. The sister style would share 1 left and 1 right. So a complete build would be 3 lefts and 5 rights.

This would be true of every style/build. This gives slightly less variables when trying to figure out a build.

some builds having more lefts than others or more rights than others makes it difficult.

I think the importance of the stats should be uniform as well. If it's 5 stats 1 left should be most important then 1 right should be second then the other left and then the remaining rights in whatever order.

Page 32 of 32 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32

Who's Online
2 Registered (Fedor McGeeno, ThePandaMan), 1050 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod