Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#335892 - 05/25/12 05:37 PM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Darksied]
Big Ace

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Darksied
Originally Posted By: Big Ace
Originally Posted By: Darksied
[quote=Big Ace]The long of the short of this is it's Wun's event and it's optional to participate in.

Probably the only real point Wun has, he did create the G4G

Wun puts in the work - he makes the rules. Accept them as they are - or as THC demonstrated - don't. I don't begrudge them for it.

Yes, but discluding someone for something he started, kinda failing there

If someone here feels this is injust - then make a new G4G in the spirit that you see fit. I have a feeling Wun isn't going to create events any more - so we need more coaches with initiative to keep alliance events alive.

The general rules are fine, that's not the issue, it's the disclusion cause of this childish bullshit is where the issue lies

Anyone who complained - I dare you to start an alliance event. If you don't want to put in the work - then STFU. It's self-defeating.

Starting isn't so hard, it's getting everyone to play.

Sounds like an excuse to me if I've never heard one.

Lmao, really, you attack that single point, not that actual issues at hand, tis sad. [/quote]

To me having alliance events are the only issue. I don't think discluding grapple is the issue. It's Wun's event. Period. You make the event - you make the rules. I don't think I need to say more.

Groundhogs
MAXX

#335894 - 05/25/12 05:38 PM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: OhioStateBuckeye]
Elbownknee

Originally Posted By: Wadsworth Longmember
to everything in this thread

yes. lol

88 Top Team

#335911 - 05/25/12 06:52 PM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Elbownknee]
Matty

Chill out guys, its just a loving group tournament

#335997 - 05/26/12 02:54 PM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Soviet]
Smacku

Loc: So. Cal.
@ Sov

When I said largest, I was simply going by the roster that's in the Roster thread. It has you @ 19 which would be the largest. Obviously I didn't go through your camps. If what you say is true, which I'm sure it is, then you pretty much had no choice but sit out because of the THC member sitting out in protest. I stand corrected.

We're both smart dudes, so I'll just be frank with ya. You brought up the medals in 3 or 4 different posts before I said anything. I knew, like you mentioned, that you were intentionally trying to create a backlash against Wun from the other alliances by bringing it up. There are 2 possible outcomes if you were successful.

1. Wun caves to the pressure and lets Grapple compete. You even admit yourself that you knew this was unlikely to happen. That leaves..

2.Wun cancels the tourney. This by far would be the most likely outcome is another alliance jumped on him.

Whether you were intending to or not, your actions could have led to this not happening. I got love and respect for you too, man but I think that's weak so, that's why I jumped in. Ironically, the only backlash it created in your favor came from an alliance that isn't even competing in this, or anything else for that matter. I can totally respect you guys for sitting out to back your boy but if you're going to "take your ball and go home" then go home. Don't sit on the sidelines and trip players as they run down the court. Meaning, please don't screw with the tourney (by creating backlash) just 'caue you can't be in it.

It really doesn't matter now, I just wanted to explain where I was coming from. It's nothing personal against you or THC. Like I said before, I would have preferred to see you in it.

@ Warren

You say DBA doesn't want to be in this because you don't want to take part in all of the drama. Funny thing is, here you are elbow deep in the drama and you're not even competing in this! Not only that, you're contributing in the drama by trying to proclaim DBA is sitting out in protest. I call shenanigans on that one, dude. I checked the rosters of the DBA camps listed in the Camp Roster thread, including yours. Now, unless you guys have a group super secret camps that aren't listed in that thread, you can't even field 1 Glory fighter. I doubt you even attempted to get a roster together. Not because of tourney drama but because you couldn't.

What you did instead was take this as an opportunity to come in here and take some shots at your arch enemy. All the while trying to hide behind some fake stance of nobility by "protesting". You were actually trolling.

And yes, I meant since FistK stopped playing. An alliance leader is responsible for making sure his alliance has forum, game, and competition activity. The moment an alliance leader stops doing these things their alliance will start to die. You cannot lead an alliance w/o playing. When GF stopped playing TLCS almost died. Chachi stopped, TTT dead. FistK stopped., DBA dead.

Nothing personal but if you're leading DBA you're doing a shitty job of it. You have 7 listed members and haven't competed in alliance event in over a year, I bet. If there is too much disorganization and childish shit going on in these tourneys why don't you make one and show us how it's done? When was the last time DBA put together an event? In the Alliance rules thread you were all for rules that encouraged participation. All you do is get in these debates and suggest a bunch of stuff but expect someone else to do it. If you're not helping the cause, then you're hurting it. If you're going to sit out and pout, then you ain't helping. I miss the days when DBA was an actual alliance and not the sad thing you have let it become.

/rant.

#336006 - 05/26/12 04:20 PM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Smacku]
Ho Brah!

Loc: OREGON BY WAY OF HAWAII
Originally Posted By: Smacku

@ Warren

You say DBA doesn't want to be in this because you don't want to take part in all of the drama. Funny thing is, here you are elbow deep in the drama and you're not even competing in this! Not only that, you're contributing in the drama by trying to proclaim DBA is sitting out in protest. I call shenanigans on that one, dude. I checked the rosters of the DBA camps listed in the Camp Roster thread, including yours. Now, unless you guys have a group super secret camps that aren't listed in that thread, you can't even field 1 Glory fighter. I doubt you even attempted to get a roster together. Not because of tourney drama but because you couldn't.

What you did instead was take this as an opportunity to come in here and take some shots at your arch enemy. All the while trying to hide behind some fake stance of nobility by "protesting". You were actually trolling.

And yes, I meant since FistK stopped playing. An alliance leader is responsible for making sure his alliance has forum, game, and competition activity. The moment an alliance leader stops doing these things their alliance will start to die. You cannot lead an alliance w/o playing. When GF stopped playing TLCS almost died. Chachi stopped, TTT dead. FistK stopped., DBA dead.

Nothing personal but if you're leading DBA you're doing a shitty job of it. You have 7 listed members and haven't competed in alliance event in over a year, I bet. If there is too much disorganization and childish shit going on in these tourneys why don't you make one and show us how it's done? When was the last time DBA put together an event? In the Alliance rules thread you were all for rules that encouraged participation. All you do is get in these debates and suggest a bunch of stuff but expect someone else to do it. If you're not helping the cause, then you're hurting it. If you're going to sit out and pout, then you ain't helping. I miss the days when DBA was an actual alliance and not the sad thing you have let it become.

/rant.

BURN!!!!!!!!

#336104 - 05/27/12 06:13 AM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Ho Brah!]
B33RM0N5T3R

Loc: Wales - UK
Too much writing for my small british brain to read

#336157 - 05/27/12 09:54 AM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: B33RM0N5T3R]
Ehrod

Loc: Winterpeg, Canada Bitches!!
What I heard was "The truth and nothing but the truth"

Well said Smacku. Perfect combo of honesty and respect.

Dead Rabbits - Arctic Wolfpack
Non stop domination... The Company version 2.0

#365063 - 03/25/14 03:45 AM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Smacku]
ChiefBD Administrator

Loc: PA
Originally Posted By: Smacku
@ Sov

When I said largest, I was simply going by the roster that's in the Roster thread. It has you @ 19 which would be the largest. Obviously I didn't go through your camps. If what you say is true, which I'm sure it is, then you pretty much had no choice but sit out because of the THC member sitting out in protest. I stand corrected.

We're both smart dudes, so I'll just be frank with ya. You brought up the medals in 3 or 4 different posts before I said anything. I knew, like you mentioned, that you were intentionally trying to create a backlash against Wun from the other alliances by bringing it up. There are 2 possible outcomes if you were successful.

1. Wun caves to the pressure and lets Grapple compete. You even admit yourself that you knew this was unlikely to happen. That leaves..

2.Wun cancels the tourney. This by far would be the most likely outcome is another alliance jumped on him.

Whether you were intending to or not, your actions could have led to this not happening. I got love and respect for you too, man but I think that's weak so, that's why I jumped in. Ironically, the only backlash it created in your favor came from an alliance that isn't even competing in this, or anything else for that matter. I can totally respect you guys for sitting out to back your boy but if you're going to "take your ball and go home" then go home. Don't sit on the sidelines and trip players as they run down the court. Meaning, please don't screw with the tourney (by creating backlash) just 'caue you can't be in it.

It really doesn't matter now, I just wanted to explain where I was coming from. It's nothing personal against you or THC. Like I said before, I would have preferred to see you in it.

@ Warren

/rant.

Bumped for entertainment

#365066 - 03/25/14 04:41 AM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: ChiefBD]
Soviet

Loc: Las Vegas
yeah this was the greatest drama to take place on these shitty forums

#365202 - 03/26/14 03:40 PM Re: Alliance RR Tourney: Going For Glory 6!!!! [Re: Soviet]
Warren

Loc: South Carolina

And the beat (shit) goes on!

W.

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
4 Registered (BlimBlapZing, DrinkDrankCrunk, Gyptian, ThePandaMan), 985 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod