Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#453686 - 09/27/16 10:43 PM Seen Any Good Movies?
DrinkDrankCrunk

Figured I'd start a thread for good movies folks have seen lately

Just caught Magnificent Seven. I'm not a big western guy but it was a solid action movie. I enjoyed it.

#453689 - 09/28/16 12:07 AM Re: Seen Any Good Movies? [Re: DrinkDrankCrunk]
Hector

Last movies i seen at big screen were suicide squad in august and tarzan in july.

Tarzan was good, SS was alright but feel mainly i built it up too much that it couldnt live up to hype.

The Accountant looks pretty good so probably go watch that. Not really a movie goer unless something catches my attention.

TTT men are going to play for TTT.
SPEED KILLZ! FUCK GROUND! SOVIET!!!!!!!!
Best Selling MMArmy Author of "Speed Killz: The Philosophy behind Perfect 8pts"

#453691 - 09/28/16 05:08 AM Re: Seen Any Good Movies? [Re: Hector]
Archimedes

Loc: The House of Black and White
Last movies that I saw in the theatre are a year old now, Revenant and Star Wars. Watched them again on cable and the both lose a little something without the super big screen, especially Revenant.

#453704 - 09/28/16 09:08 AM Re: Seen Any Good Movies? [Re: Archimedes]
The Captain

Loc: California
Last one I saw was Star Trek: Into Darkness, which was dope.

Next up will probably be Rogue One, and Arrival

I mostly catch movies later on Netflix, but I somehow always end up seeing sci-fi's in theater.

**Most Improved Player of 2015**
**Coach of the Year of 2016**
**Most Entertaining Poster of 2016, and 2018**
**Best Event of 2016: Basebrawl**
**UFC Prediction King of 2016**

#453718 - 09/28/16 01:03 PM Re: Seen Any Good Movies? [Re: The Captain]
CobheadJake

Loc: England
Last film I saw in cinema was Suicide Squad and I went in with a clear mind, ignore all the reviews and what not and I came out thinking it was brilliant. Obviously far from a perfect film, it has plenty of faults but overall I thought it was fun, had heart and I managed to follow the story so I enjoyed it... I understand why others may not have though.

#453722 - 09/28/16 02:51 PM Re: Seen Any Good Movies? [Re: CobheadJake]
Hector

I am not a comic geek or anything like that but watched cartoons as kid and read bios and played games. Plus did research of Suicide Squad. Just think you gotta not even know anything about topic to really enjoy it.

Once you invested in topic little or big things start to bother you.

TTT men are going to play for TTT.
SPEED KILLZ! FUCK GROUND! SOVIET!!!!!!!!
Best Selling MMArmy Author of "Speed Killz: The Philosophy behind Perfect 8pts"

#453734 - 09/28/16 05:04 PM Re: Seen Any Good Movies? [Re: Hector]
CobheadJake

Loc: England
Yeah, I kind of agree with that. I went in not knowing much about it all before hand, just who see twin characters were, but my friend who I watched it with is big into comics and had a much better idea of it all going into it then I did and I'd see he possibly enjoyed the film even more than me. Although he could be the exception to the rule when it comes to people who have prior knowledge on it enjoying it less.

#461988 - 01/29/17 11:24 AM Re: Seen Any Good Movies? [Re: CobheadJake]
Tap0rSnap

Finally got around to watching The Usual Suspects yesterday. It's been on Netflix for a while and has been in my queue forever. I definitely recommend it. I loved it.

#462092 - 01/31/17 11:47 AM Re: Seen Any Good Movies? [Re: Tap0rSnap]
The Captain

Loc: California
I just netflixed that movie "The 33" about the Chilean Miners starring Antonio Banderas. It was okay, but any attempt at dramatic tension was sorta undercut by knowing that they all made it out okay in real life.

It did make me laugh that seriously less than 5 minutes into the movie they had an Evil Corporate guy in charge of the mine shutting down the safety inspector like "I don't pay you to be safe! I pay you to make me money!!" a bit on the nose.

**Most Improved Player of 2015**
**Coach of the Year of 2016**
**Most Entertaining Poster of 2016, and 2018**
**Best Event of 2016: Basebrawl**
**UFC Prediction King of 2016**

#462243 - 02/02/17 07:14 PM Re: Seen Any Good Movies? [Re: The Captain]
Ben

Watched Moonlight and Manchester by the Sea recently, both were good, I did enjoy Manchester more though.

I lost some interest in the third chapter of moonlight and I even went back to watch it again to see if it was just because I was tired but I still felt the same afterwards.

Casey Affleck was great in Manchester, he played this emotionally distant character almost perfectly. Michelle Williams was good too although she had very little screen time, but had a fantastic scene towards the end of the film.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
3 Registered (BlimBlapZing, Grapple420, Gyptian), 1067 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod